• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Those were some close matches! and embarrasing SD's...lol
You sure can get under my skin sometimes with your gamin' skillz.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I need a smash now... 1v1 if you please... I must get better... gotta play... 3am...

eh looks like the world is asleep...

Just putting this out there (here, 3am grammar...) Just saying, I want to seriously improve. I wanna place decent in apex. If anyone feels like they could help just give me a pm...

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
iLITERALLY just found a match man, if youll still be on id love to play you! adding now for later!

edit: nevermind they're going to bed, join my room!

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG's Ometa! Nice Pit and Toon Link lol. So much arrows slaps and bomb field controls :p.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
yes D:, I'm waiting ;c

I'm hosting atm, where you ;c

GGs! I would've played longer but...

...My movement, inputs, recovery, ect. were somewhat disabled by the crippling effects of lag (It wasn't bad but it was seriously messing up my inputs). I have an extremely prominent reaction time/ability to read/baiting game, but such can only be used when a stable connection permits me to. :glare:

Your small arsenal of characters play quite well, but I noticed the very first minute we played you have an critical spotdodging/smashing dilemma. :ohwell: I highly suggest breaking this habit because more favorable options are at your disposal than the previously mentioned duo. :oneeye:

Edit: Anyone else wanna play for a bit? I need to play around with the higher tiered characters to see which one I like...

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs! I would've played longer but...

Your small arsenal of characters play quite well, but I noticed the very first minute we played you have an critical spotdodging/smashing dilemma. :ohwell: I highly suggest breaking this habit because more favorable options are at your disposal than the previously mentioned duo. :oneeye:
I know that haha, the habit is impossible to break. Can I ask why your Zelda sits on the ground most of the time? o_o

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
I know that haha, the habit is impossible to break. Can I ask why your Zelda sits on the ground most of the time? o_o

I dunno xD Zelda has NO way to approach and her camping game sucks so I sit there and wait for an approach :p

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Good games brother, I hope to some day be half the smasher you are. Any tips for a savvy learner?

GGs as well Joseph you did get me in that one Jiggs vs Lucas match lol. I'm nothing special man, but I'll see what kind of advice I can give.

Well first of all you gotta not spot dodge so much especially against people like Peach. Reading those gets me free hits, so if you're going to do that make sure to do it when you read your opponent's attack.

I got a bit of a habit to think that most of my opponents like spot dodging, so I look for it all the time.

Also you need to ease up on those approaches and defend more. Don't always attack me when I knock you alway and you come back. It leads to baits which gives free hits as well. Sometimes its a good idea to get some distance that way you can land safely and regroup.

Throwing out random attacks isn't a good idea if they're not thrown in the right places. It can leave you open if it gets you where your opponent wants you to be. Try timing those a bit more if you're looking to hit someone sometimes.

Don't smash so much either. I mean its rather hard not to with Lucas since he got some pretty strong ones lol, but only do them if you get a read or if they don't expect it mostly.

You mostly need to be a bit more patient really to sum it up.

Top Bottom