• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
GGs as well Joseph you did get me in that one Jiggs vs Lucas match lol. I'm nothing special man, but I'll see what kind of advice I can give.

Well first of all you gotta not spot dodge so much especially against people like Peach. Reading those gets me free hits, so if you're going to do that make sure to do it when you read your opponent's attack.

I got a bit of a habit to think that most of my opponents like spot dodging, so I look for it all the time.

Also you need to ease up on those approaches and defend more. Don't always attack me when I knock you alway and you come back. It leads to baits which gives free hits as well. Sometimes its a good idea to get some distance that way you can land safely and regroup.

Throwing out random attacks isn't a good idea if they're not thrown in the right places. It can leave you open if it gets you where your opponent wants you to be. Try timing those a bit more if you're looking to hit someone sometimes.

Don't smash so much either. I mean its rather hard not to with Lucas since he got some pretty strong ones lol, but only do them if you get a read or if they don't expect it mostly.

You mostly need to be a bit more patient really to sum it up.
I think I worry about speed so much that I end up like a blindfolded kid swinging at a pinata. I probably should take a breather every now and then. I just felt pretty helpless most of the time with you coming at me. I was trying to devise some strategy to get at you, but you just had my number. You've got some great speed and accuracy.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Just stop

I'm being honest though lol

Edit: Thanks for the compliment Joseph. You just have to focus more that's all.

See if there is anything you can exploit from me. Also just keep learning about the game and characters.

It will be become natural to see what needs to be done.

Lucas is your main though?

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
So that's DAS's strategy...

Trick players into thinking he's bad, so when they play him for the first time, they'll expect an easy win, which is when he can surprise s3x three-stock them. From then on, they'll be stuck in such a state of shock and turmoil that they won't be able to get past the mentality and lose every single game.

I should be a psychologist, right?

... Or he's just good. I suppose that's something to consider as well. :bee:

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
LOOOOL. I'm done

Good good we're in agreement lol.

Edit: I'm not manipulative Someone lol. I do however like to see what is needed to beat players and if I'm capable of it though. That's how I play in general.

I do like to think I'm decent or pretty good at least.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I'll play him soon though, but when exactly I don't know.

Its been a while anyway since I last played him. Last year I think.

I'll give you guys your matches, and we'll see what happens lol.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
*Bets all money ever generated in life on DAS and profits*

Lol thanks for the faith in me. I haven't fought him in a while, but really the only thing I'm worried about is wifi connection.

If that's the case and its bad. There are likely not going to be any matches lol.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Lol thanks for the faith in me. I haven't fought him in a while, but really the only thing I'm worried about is wifi connection
Typical, because whenever I play you, it just seems like you blatantly ignore the contingent lag spikes and the fact that there is lag lol T.T

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
^ Sometimes I like to imagine how games would look if we all played each other in real time... Then I realize that we're literally thousands of kilometres away from each other and cry myself to sleep because it'll never happen. ;P

That being said... I'm not feeling the 1v1 mood, but if we could get teams going, I'd derp around a bit. ;P

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Typical, because whenever I play you, it just seems like you blatantly ignore the contingent lag spikes and the fact that there is lag lol T.T

I do try to force myself to play better in it lol. I want my movement, so I'll do what I can. It helps that I'm typically use to it though, but not completely use to it lol.

I can play in most lag, but not the real bad ones with stiff movement.

Edit: I would love to play against all you guys offline. Especially since we all seem to be pretty cool with each other.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
^ Sometimes I like to imagine how games would look if we all played each other in real time... Then I realize that we're literally thousands of kilometres away from each other and cry myself to sleep because it'll never happen. ;P

That being said... I'm not feeling the 1v1 mood, but if we could get teams going, I'd derp around a bit. ;P
Yea i'll play some doubles too if anyone is up for it

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
:(

Daayyuumm.. I'm not anywhere remotely near my Wii U atm; sigh.. We could have demonstrated our magnificent (FORMER!!) team combos to the Arena ;///

Especially since we all seem to be pretty cool with each other.
Yes, especially with CJ Dunnick :')

Top Bottom