• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
This is very true. Except I'm pretty good at the Sheik and Wario MUs, I've actually pulled off Wolf's infinite on Wario before xD

Wolf actually has a pretty strong matchup against MK compared to other characters, but I suck at it since I can't really find any good Wolf vs. MK matches on YouTube...

Pika is pretty bad for Wolf, and my god, I die a little inside when I'm playing someone on wifi and see D3 come on the screen... :(
I wouldn't necessarily say Wolf's MU against MK is strong, he definitely has some tools to deal with some of MK's more annoying stuff, but all MK really needs to do is get Wolf offstage and gimp him with a well-placed dair.

@Cons: GGs, I think I'm done for now, be careful not to overuse headbutt with DK, it's really punishable.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, as expected, I got pretty messed up. But no matter, good games, DAS!

I personally had tons of fun, so I hope I didn't bore you to death with our low tier matches. I tried to keep the pace moving, but there's only so much you can do as Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi (although Yoshi can be pretty darn fast in the right hands. I am not the right hands, lol). To be honest, I was half expecting a wall tech on that last U-air, wouldn't have surprised me one bit if you had teched. o_o This tech-chasing might take a while to get used to, since it's all prediction...

Thanks for taking it easy on me and not going like, ZSS or Marth, lol. I still would have tried, but no way I would have even gotten close to taking a game off. ;P

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Hehe, as expected, I got pretty messed up. But no matter, good games, DAS!

I personally had tons of fun, so I hope I didn't bore you to death with our low tier matches. I tried to keep the pace moving, but there's only so much you can do as Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi (although Yoshi can be pretty darn fast in the right hands. I am not the right hands, lol). To be honest, I was half expecting a wall tech on that last U-air, wouldn't have surprised me one bit if you had teched. o_o This tech-chasing might take a while to get used to, since it's all prediction...

Thanks for taking it easy on me and not going like, ZSS or Marth, lol. I still would have tried, but no way I would have even gotten close to taking a game off. ;P
Well Yoshi isn't easy to play at all lol. I didn't react fast enough since I got to greedy, so basically I didn't see it coming really. You got a few tech chases on me though lol.

I didn't want to use my mains or upper tier characters lol. It wouldn't have felt right unless you asked me to use them. It gave me chance to play a bit low tier myself, and I didn't mind it one bit.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Well Yoshi isn't easy to play at all lol. I didn't react fast enough since I got to greedy, so basically I didn't see it coming really. You got a few tech chases on me though lol.

I didn't want to use my mains or upper tier characters lol. It wouldn't have felt right unless you asked me to use them. It gave me chance to play a bit low tier myself, and I didn't mind it one bit.

I keep thinking Yoshi would be a fun/unique character to play (and he is), but I'm just bad with him for some reason. His movement is just so odd, not nearly as linear of a character's such as Marth or Metaknight, maybe not even as linear in movement as Ganondorf. That's not saying much though, because Ganondorf only has one direction to go anyway: forward. xD

You switch things up so much when I get into any sort of tech chase. I keep expecting rolls toward the middle of the stage since it's what most people would do and the most sensible, dare I say it, but then you roll forward and I'm lost. ;P

Mmm, I see. Low tiers and high tiers just don't mix most of the time. After all, the tiers are there for a reason. xD Anyway, it's been fun, and I've got to get going now, see you later. ^^

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I keep thinking Yoshi would be a fun/unique character to play (and he is), but I'm just bad with him for some reason. His movement is just so odd, not nearly as linear of a character's such as Marth or Metaknight, maybe not even as linear in movement as Ganondorf. That's not saying much though, because Ganondorf only has one direction to go anyway: forward. xD

You switch things up so much when I get into any sort of tech chase. I keep expecting rolls toward the middle of the stage since it's what most people would do and the most sensible, dare I say it, but then you roll forward and I'm lost. ;P

Mmm, I see. Low tiers and high tiers just don't mix most of the time. After all, the tiers are there for a reason. xD Anyway, it's been fun, and I've got to get going now, see you later. ^^

I agree Yoshi isn't straight to the point lol. I can't be predictable with how I get up can I lol.

I shouldn't have Ganon keeping me down lol.

I'll see you later too goodnight.=)

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993

I didn't want to use my mains or upper tier characters lol.
I agree Yoshi isn't straight to the point lol. I can't be predictable with how I get up can I lol.

I shouldn't have Ganon keeping me down lol.
Why must you conclude 3/4 of your sentences with "lol"?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Gg's dude thats it for me. Sorry about that one tine I was not moving. TV wires were acting up and I could not see the screen.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Dark.Pch, do you have any tips for me?

Edit: It's all good, I got a free kill before I realized it and you still won anyway lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You side step alot. Once I noticed that,I was baiting it out of you and punished you for it. JUst be more patient. And don't panic to smash attacks. I baited those as well. People do these kinds of things when they don't know what to do. So they do stuff and hope for the best (the player messing up)

Need to play based on how I am doing. If you just do stuff you are depending on luck. Luck wont get you the wins against a smart player.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
You side step alot. Once I noticed that,I was baiting it out of you and punished you for it. JUst be more patient. And don't panic to smash attacks. I baited those as well. People do these kinds of things when they don't know what to do. So they do stuff and hope for the best (the player messing up)

Need to play based on how I am doing. If you just do stuff you are depending on luck. Luck wont get you the wins against a smart player.
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot when I don't know MUs. I started to pick up on your glide tossing habits towards the end there, and your dair approaches (though I had no idea how to punish them so I just started running away) but other than that the significant gap in our skill level and my lack of MU knowledge made it pretty hard for me to read you. As for the smash attacks a lot of the usmashes were supposed to be short hop uairs, that was just me failing, but yeah I really need to break myself of those panic dsmashes. Thanks a lot for the advice and for playing with me, there isn't much of competitive scene for Smash in my area so I don't get to play against high level players very often, I've met MJG and he lives near me, but I've yet to get a chance to play with him.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just keep playing those that can beat you. You get better quicker that way. I'll play you again when you want

Top Bottom