• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
AAAAAH SORRY HOMIE I HAD TO STEP OUT FOR A MINUTE YOU STILL DOWN?

EDIT: Yeah spy good games as always :D
Why did you leave D: I was going to watch you two brawl. We were going to rotate? But okay then, nice Olimar :D

Good games Ben! Keep up that Marth. Anyone else want to brawl?

Mattyb4

Smash Rookie
Why did you leave D: I was going to watch you two brawl. We were going to rotate? But okay then, nice Olimar :D

ahh! i didn't know that was you. I backed out to wait for you, because i thought i was interrupting Spy and some random person i didn't know. Are you getting off now? :/

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games Matty! I hope next time that cancer won't be there... I can be so much faster and flashier (but that cancer is in the way). I know you can do the same thing. Good games!

Mattyb4

Smash Rookie
Huh? You done?

Good games mate, you're crazy good. Your jab cancel shenanigans are real impressive :D Sorry for those last couple games being really bad, I was starting to get tired... but I hope to play you some more in the future! I can improve a lot playing against you, I think. GG's (:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games mate, you're crazy good. Your jab cancel shenanigans are real impressive :D Sorry for those last couple games being really bad, I was starting to get tired... but I hope to play you some more in the future! I can improve a lot playing against you, I think. GG's (:
Ha ha you will :D I've been to Aib and fought good players. So I know what I'm doing. Next time I hope cancer won't interfere. Then you can see how crazy I can truly be ;D

Also no need to apologize. I know that feeling xD Either way you were fun! I love to face hard match-ups. I did however mess up a lot of moves with Ike... and Link... curse you cancer!

Megaoverlord12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Megaoverlord12
3DS FC
4038-6546-0886
I think I'm done for tonight, GGS, that was fun, some real close ones. I always mess up horribly in the beginning before doing decently. Any particular tips?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Man this lag...
Hey GGS bro. You are quite good for a "rusty" player. Sorry for pulling ditto toonlinks on ya but I recently picked him up and I want him to be my strong secondary so I can use him as a great counterpick for some cool fights.

That Dair spike at the end... I wish I could've saved that.

I think I'm done for tonight, GGS, that was fun, some real close ones. I always mess up horribly in the beginning before doing decently. Any particular tips?
You want tips from a marth main? Okay, I think the biggest thing I noticed was that you need to stop rolling. Don't even use it ocasionally, your rolls never helped you once. I'm religiously bad at punishing rolls but I somehow was there to get amazing hits on you every time you did. (I also need to stop rolling so much)

Who is your main TL?

If so use airials more often, I've found that TL has some very obscure combos with his bair dair and nair (uair too) I don't remember who it was (Mattby?) But today I got 5-6 hits with just Bair (on a platforms stage) It was more easy than any other combo I've tried, even the usmash combo I used on you.

I'm pretty sure if link had tls moves he'd be unstoppable...

Megaoverlord12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Megaoverlord12
3DS FC
4038-6546-0886
Hey GGS bro. You are quite good for a "rusty" player. Sorry for pulling ditto toonlinks on ya but I recently picked him up and I want him to be my strong secondary so I can use him as a great counterpick for some cool fights.

That Dair spike at the end... I wish I could've saved that.

You want tips from a marth main? Okay, I think the biggest thing I noticed was that you need to stop rolling. Don't even use it ocasionally, your rolls never helped you once. I'm religiously bad at punishing rolls but I somehow was there to get amazing hits on you every time you did. (I also need to stop rolling so much)

Who is your main TL?
Yea, Toon Link's my main, but I'm used to using the other three (Luigi, Wario, Sonic) That last Dair spike was amazing, and I never mind fighting mirrors :) With rolling, yea, nervous habit of mine, gotta work on that. If you want something from a Toon Link main, you might wanna diversify a bit, which you probably will naturally as you play with him. His fsmash isn't that great, as you probably noticed I got out of it a few times. We should absolutely play again sometime soon. His aerials are amazing once you get used to them

Edit: Did the lag mess you up as much as it did me a few times?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Yea, Toon Link's my main, but I'm used to using the other three (Luigi, Wario, Sonic) That last Dair spike was amazing, and I never mind fighting mirrors :) With rolling, yea, nervous habit of mine, gotta work on that. If you want something from a Toon Link main, you might wanna diversify a bit, which you probably will naturally as you play with him. His fsmash isn't that great, as you probably noticed I got out of it a few times. We should absolutely play again sometime soon. His aerials are amazing once you get used to them

Edit: Did the lag mess you up as much as it did me a few times?
I've played enough wifi that the lag is barely noticable... Even if it completely ruins me I tend to forget about it quickly, if you aren't focused you can tend to lose more... Right now I'm all focused on being tired and I did some things I wouldn't normally do wide awake.

That said, your sonic was pretty good for sonic. I couldn't tell half the time what attack you where going to use and I suffered from that (good job) Only quip about sonic is that you commited to that downb "combo" way to much... It's a situational thing like toon links "combos" works on some more than others.

You should utilize luigis death (luck) moves a bit. Fspecial, upB, and fsmash are his best (at least I think so) {Maybe only use up b for punishing laggy attacks}.

As for wario, just drop him! (nah you did good as wario) I don't really have any advice for wario... don't motorcycle? It's easy to dodge and see coming.

I think the best advice I can ive you though is try a character with some range (*cough Marth is the best *cough*... I think you have some raw talent and if you ever picked up a higher teir character *cough* Marth *cough* you'd be deadly.

Don't be ICs though... They are on the verge of being banned.

(opinions, probably not yours) Snake could be good since you are used to items... I don't really like olimar or diddy because they just aren't cool characters. I am not a fan of the pikmin seiris, and diddy kong is the lamest of the kongs. I love all the others except diddy)... He's just bland.I hope dixie replaces him in smash 4 just because I personally hate him so much!

I actually love him in PM though... juggling for a taunt is the best thing ever.

Edit: Post big or go home! :{

Oh also I might not be the best person to listen to for advice... If anyone contradicts me they are *probably* right...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
gg's
Any Tips, Advice, Words of wisdom?
In general, learn to wavedash and how apply it to your gameplay, also I couldn't really tell if you were L-cancelling or not, but if you don't know how to do that learn it too. Character specific, learn how to do Ganon's DACUS, and dthrow CG, with DK cargo hold uthrow sets up for a lot of combos, check out some videos of Strong Bad, with Ness, I don't really know how to do any of his AT's but check out some videos of Calabrel to learn some cool Ness stuff, and for Charizard don't just throw out rogue side-b's when your opponent is at low percents, also don't always glide straight into your opponent, it's really easy to intercept and you get left without any jumps to recover.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I can be so much faster and flashier (but that cancer is in the way)
We should Brawl sometime, I feel we have very similar flashy playstyles, I feel you when you talk about how the lag just messes up everything... cuz it does. Offline my tech skill/flashiness is like TAS level, but online I whiff like half the stuff I'm doing lol.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Anyone up for some P:M this fine morning?
*Ahem* Afternoon?

Top Bottom