• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
That sigh of relief when you realize Marth is revealed for Sm4sh! I told 'em he wouldnt be replaced.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Alexo, sorry to cut it short, but I have to pack up my Wii, I'm going to hang out with j-slo in like an hour and he only has a Wii U, so I always bring my Wii so we can use Gamecube controllers.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs, Alexo, sorry to cut it short, but I have to pack up my Wii, I'm going to hang out with j-slo in like an hour and he only has a Wii U, so I always bring my Wii so we can use Gamecube controllers.
Yeah GGs Link officially broken. I got so mad I broke one my controllers handle off lol. Got anger issues I know, no need to tell me. And I sliced my hand open on the controller, crap. GGs gonna go get super glue lol. Have fun!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah GGs Link officially broken. I got so mad I broke one my controllers handle off lol. Got anger issues I know, no need to tell me. And I sliced my hand open on the controller, crap. GGs gonna go get super glue lol. Have fun!
Haha yeah I was raging against j-slo's Ganon last night, but it was more just me being pissed off that Pikachu sucks. Honestly I don't think Link is very good I just felt like playing him for some reason, he's definitely annoying with all of his projectiles, but I'm pretty confident you'd be able to stomp my Link if we weren't playing on wifi because projectiles are a lot easier to deal with offline.

Edit: We might be able to play some doubles later too, another friend of ours is coming over and he'll play with us, he's the opposite of us he sucks in singles, but is amazing in teams.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah I was raging against j-slo's Ganon last night, but it was more just me being pissed off that Pikachu sucks. Honestly I don't think Link is very good I just felt like playing him for some reason, he's definitely annoying with all of his projectiles, but I'm pretty confident you'd be able to stomp my Link if we weren't playing on wifi because projectiles are a lot easier to deal with offline.
Gosh man just the way j slo plays makes me rage(no offense j slo, I would take that as a compliment lol). Ganon DownB KOs at 70% are really frustrating(I bet Falcon can but I refuse). Need to shield more lol. I have to eventually accept that all of the characters are basically on the same tier in P:M, I know.

We would be doing a lot better offline Im sure. I really need to find someone to Smash offline with, Im kinda gettin used to WiFi which is not good. Not saying that playing with you isnt fun, its just that I need to get accustomed to playing good players offline. My friend told me today that if he had a GC or Wii he would be willing to take his Smash game to the next level, which is good to hear, but not sure if he is as serious as me.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Gosh man just the way j slo plays makes me rage(no offense j slo, I would take that as a compliment lol). Ganon DownB KOs at 70% are really frustrating(I bet Falcon can but I refuse). Need to shield more lol. I have to eventually accept that all of the characters are basically on the same tier in P:M, I know.

We would be doing a lot better offline Im sure. I really need to find someone to Smash offline with, Im kinda gettin used to WiFi which is not good. Not saying that playing with you isnt fun, its just that I need to get accustomed to playing good players offline. My friend told me today that if he had a GC or Wii he would be willing to take his Smash game to the next level, which is good to hear, but not sure if he is as serious as me.
Yeah, I don't know honestly wifi has immensely helped my reaction time offline, but yeah j-slo annoys me because like I know he's going to Wizard's Foot and I still get hit by it because the hit-box is ********, it drives me crazy, I even know when exactly he's going to do it he likes to dtilt twice whenever you're near the ledge and if he misses both of them then he'll Wizard's Foot, what I like to do is either shield grab it or jump over it, but a lot of times when I do the latter I short hop which is what still gets me hit because I always think the hit-box is smaller than it really is, that brings me to my next point about Ganon being harder to shield-grab than Luigi, which is just ridiculous, pretty much all of his normals are 100% safe on shield except for maybe utilt which I don't know about because all the Ganon's I've played are smart enough not to just throw out random utilts, but I imagine it's probably safe on shield as powerful as it it. Ugh I could go on forever about how much I hate fighting Ganon lol.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
GGs Saimunn (idk your previous name or if you even had one :( ) Nice marth and ZZS lol i forgot about everyone else with all those marth matches but i remember ZZS from the 3 stock beginning.

Youve gotten wayy better since the last time we played

Just wanted to throw that out there

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't know honestly wifi has immensely helped my reaction time offline, but yeah j-slo annoys me because like I know he's going to Wizard's Foot and I still get hit by it because the hit-box is ********, it drives me crazy, I even know when exactly he's going to do it he likes to dtilt twice whenever you're near the ledge and if he misses both of them then he'll Wizard's Foot, what I like to do is either shield grab it or jump over it, but a lot of times when I do the latter I short hop which is what still gets me hit because I always think the hit-box is smaller than it really is, that brings me to my next point about Ganon being harder to shield-grab than Luigi, which is just ridiculous, pretty much all of his normals are 100% safe on shield except for maybe utilt which I don't know about because all the Ganon's I've played are smart enough not to just throw out random utilts, but I imagine it's probably safe on shield as powerful as it it. Ugh I could go on forever about how much I hate fighting Ganon lol.
Yeah I know what hes going to do. He does those rolls and I cant get him. He does those DownBs and I cant get him. Ugh WiFi. Yeah I would agree that WiFi improves reaction time. I feel like my reaction time is pretty darn good now.

Yeah it makes me so mad that I cant shieldgrab Ganon.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah I know what hes going to do. He does those rolls and I cant get him. He does those DownBs and I cant get him. Ugh WiFi. Yeah I would agree that WiFi improves reaction time. I feel like my reaction time is pretty darn good now.
Yeah I've gotten better at reading his rolls, I'm trying to show him that I can consistently punish them so I can break him of that habit and he'll start using better defensive options.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've gotten better at reading his rolls, I'm trying to show him that I can consistently punish them so I can break him of that habit and he'll start using better defensive options.
Exactly what Im trying to do lol.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I'll be hosting for anyone wanting to brawl~
GGs L&B! That Wolf is still in tip top shape I see. I found myself doing things that I shouldn't have lol... like that Yoshi, he was getting bodied. It makes sense tho, I think thats the 2nd time I've used Yoshi like this whole year lol. My Marth is a little rusty too, need to study up more on those combos. And with that Kirbycide, I didnt even expect you to go into it, i just did it for the hell of it and then I got you and I screamed out "You're coming with me!" xD. My parents must have been like wtf?!?!?.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs Gohan, sorry for the abrupt leave, the TV was getting taken over haha

I've been doing a bit of offline work, so when the lag started to come in it'd make me get a bit lethargic, and man did you take advantage xD

I didn't know you played Marth, since when? I don't remember playing him haha

Good stuff tho :3

Edit: That Marth dair spike, I was like wow, I just got pooped on lulz. And that Kirbycide kinda made me rage, cuz I button mashed like crazy but never got out... And I was under 40%, wtfux T_T
Nonetheless, I was able to laugh it off pretty quick :p

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
No response? You said you would "add me in a sec" and I waited for about half an hour. Fine then, be a jerk.

Well exuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess! :awesome:

I believe your post is a bit over the edge >.>
Fine then, be a jerk
That is unacceptable considering I didn't even state my reason for sudden absence yet you proceeded to say that. I didn't state it in the post above simply because it's in the past and really doesn't matter.

ONE MORE FOR DUBZ BTW!!! :chuckle:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Well exuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess! :awesome:

I believe your post is a bit over the edge >.>

That is unacceptable considering I didn't even state my reason for sudden absence yet you proceeded to say that. I didn't state it in the post above simply because it's in the past and really doesn't matter.

ONE MORE FOR DUBZ BTW!!! :chuckle:
Can't we all just get along? I'll play you a little later hyper :)
At the very least you could have apologized or even simply gave a reason for leaving me waiting so long, but I suppose not everyone is as nice.

I will play after dinner gabora.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
At the very least you could have apologized or even simply gave a reason for leaving me waiting so long, but I suppose not everyone is as nice.

Apologizing is actually a reasonable decision to the matter. But I would have to be mentally ******** to apologize to someone who used such rude language towards me:
Fine then, be a jerk
Then you dare to say "not everyone is as nice"... Such hypocrisy :facepalm:

Brawl/P:M anyone? :bluejump:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Apologizing is actually a reasonable decision to the matter. But I would have to be mentally ******** to apologize to someone who used such rude language towards me:

Then you dare to say "not everyone is as nice"... Such hypocrisy :facepalm:
Would you say it's unreasonable then to get upset at someone leaving you to wait for them without a word? I find that pretty rude myself, so I acted the way you treated me. Some people do not seem to understand that mentality, and no i'm not just talking about you specifically. I would assume this thread's community would at least have common courtesy to their players, but I was wrong.

As for now, i'm done rambling in this thread, as it is only feeding the trolls *cough*

If you have any further problems with me, please take it to pm. Thanks.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs Saimunn (idk your previous name or if you even had one :( )
I also tend to operate under the pseudonym 'Sabre' (facultatively augmented by the number '7'), in case my in-game tag was somewhat deceitful to you.

But terrific games indeed my good Sir! It has been a while since I last brawled you, but this reunion was tremendously rejoiceful :D

Nice marth and ZZS lol i forgot about everyone else with all those marth matches
Yeah, I guess I should apologise for going round-robin with a myriad of characters... It's not quite as convenient for you to deal with the amalgamation of character details I guess T.T
Nonetheless; thank you very, very much for the commendations :3. I actually scarcely play :marth:, and I think that today was the first day for me to play with him for over an effective hour o.o
I got carried away by the :marth:-hype instigated by many people on the boards, and I figured that he can be a very rewarding character. What I realised however is that he's (particularly on WiFi) one of (if not) the most difficult character to master... His spacing needs to be nigh on flawless in order to maintain initiative and momentum, otherwise you'll get outcamped / outpressured(?). Frankly, :marth: has his own ''projectile'' which is f-air, but it can be extremely hazardous to recklessly spam f-air while engaging (retreating f-air warding on the other hand is arguably the most solid walling technique out there though). And one of his primary kill moves; Dolphin Slash, can incur a dire punish as well (yes yes I know; frame 1 too stronk omgrfrpdurpfp!!!11ooneone, but still, if you miss it, you're doomed T.T). Even Dancing Blades isn't safe when even the initial strike is shielded.. So he basically requires the player to have reached a fairly high threshold as regards technical skill, reading skill and creativity / inventivity, in order to render him useful.

:zerosuitsamus: on the other hand, well, she definitely is something else lols. I play her regularly and I'm familiar with her insidious guile by now really; once she traps you, you're going have a baaad time ;3. She requires her fair share of technical optimisation as well, but at least she's got the impeccable spacing move which is lava wire, and her incredibly obnoxious paralyzer gun as safeguard.
Moreover, the :zerosuitsamus: v. :lucario: MU is to the latter's detriment, so yeah.. That's not so great ;/

but i remember ZZS from the 3 stock beginning.
My gal tends to etch such dreadful images into her adversaries' minds ;)

Youve gotten wayy better since the last time we played

Just wanted to throw that out there
What a delightful compliment man! Your :lucario: has seemed to be.. completely mutated?! XD
You used to zone yourself all over the place with aerial AS-pivots (mindgames? ;o) and pressure with the spheres as well, but henceforth you seem to completely abstain from its use. For all that matter, I couldn't be more praiseful for being so audacious and even somewhat impetuous at times though :). I think it was CourageHound who was under the same impression, and if you can maintain such a reputation, then you'll be one (in)famous :lucario:! I mean when I play Luco I just spam dat Sphere like there's no tomorrow, but that's not half as classy as your 100%-aggro Luco ;o
There's no shame in using it every once in a while though, as edgeguarding tool or so. Please do not exile the ability from his moveset.. Besides, I'd say that it's his signature move! ;3

I really approved of your grabbing game in general, and the aerials were really securely spaced as well! The f-air gimping was neat, and the smooth f-air -> n-air combos were all well canceled. If there is one minor piece of advice that you'd allow me to share, then it would be this; try to cancel your jabs into either grabs or side-bs. In the ditto you might've noticed how I always attempted to string the latter 2 options to 1 or 2 (subsequent) jabs, because quite frankly it deals much more damage than the 3rd jab in the sequence. I preferably select side-b as option, because it's more WiFi-viable (if you miss the grab due to a lag spike endorsed spotdodge, you'll get the flame-thrust) and it will always deal the most damage unless you're at <10% or something (in that case d-throw / b-throw would probably deal more damage, but if you automatise jab->jab->side-b then you're settled ;p).

Just my 2 cents!

EDIT:
C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COOOOMBOOOOO BREEEAAKEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

I chimed in with a massive post to usher in peace in this thread at once, so please ladies: stop ********!

Although some random guy was right about how it could in fact be entertaining to see some cyber-tears being shed in the Arena ;o

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:
C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COOOOMBOOOOO BREEEAAKEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

I chimed in with a massive post to usher in peace in this thread at once, so please ladies: stop *****ing!

Although some random guy was right about how it could in fact be entertaining to see some cyber-tears being shed in the Arena ;o

Hmm, where's the delete button on my friends list...

Top Bottom