• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Also, don't forget players have been changing the way characters are played, and Idk how long you two haven't brawled, but things are different in terms of Meta-games and stuff. Brawl isn't dead, it's just getting started.
If only more players had this kind of attitude towards Brawl.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I don't what's left to discover about Brawl. Maybe there's still some character-specific stuff to found, but overall most techniques and matchups and other things were developed within a few years of its release.
Hmm, nah, my Link beats Falcos that are really good. ZSS now wrecks MK it seems, DK can beat MK more often now, Scizor almost beating Tyrant with Link (which could of if he played the projectile game more aggressively.

I don't feel Brawl will die, it's mostly just going to transfer to PM (hopefully not), and Smash4 is too weird, many like myself wont enjoy it. No real Techs, you can't even Edge-hog, they say there is Di, but not that much really, no Sdi, Tdi, momentum Canceling, Power shields it seems, just better graphics more characters, stages, new modes (but aren't too note worthy). Heck, I don't even feel the new WiFi net codes will become better tbh, WiFi is WiFi, it will always lag no matter what.

@ Kamo. Kamo. IK, it's sad, please be honest and type to me that you never thought Link could be played like that.

Well, how could I make Link like this, did I believe everyone else and understand that Link can't really do anything, nope, I did what I always do rebel against the authority.

Even though it's WiFi, it's still impossible to win matches with Link (they way all Links use him, X, Rizen, and so on).And I hope others will grow with their character's as well. I really want to see DK, Jiggs, Gnw, Sonic, Bowser and so much more to grow. You have no idea how many times when I'd watch a match I'd see things in my view, like DK vs MK, never have I seen DK mains challenge Nado, Dk's Ftilt, dsmash, Fsmash, DK punch, and even dair can stop it.

But guess what, I don't see it and it gets me mad, then they type (bad match-up, yes it is, but it can be adjusted quickly). I'm done, typing too much, ha ha. You get my point, right?

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
True, but it's not like there's the kind of development Melee had six years after its release. Some small things have changed, but overall it's still slow, campy, random Brawl.

I agree about Smash 4. It and the people who are so "hyped" for it (AKA they won't be here two months after release) are both revolting, but it will likely draw in remaining Brawl players who just want a 2.0 version. Melee/PM/64 already have their fanbases carved out mostly, but Brawl won't last long the way things are going.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
True, but it's not like there's the kind of development Melee had six years after its release. Some small things have changed, but overall it's still slow, campy, random Brawl.

I agree about Smash 4. It and the people who are so "hyped" for it (AKA they won't be here two months after release) are both revolting, but it will likely draw in remaining Brawl players who just want a 2.0 version. Melee/PM/64 already have their fanbases carved out mostly, but Brawl won't last long the way things are going.
Yes that's true, but I hope people like me will use Low Tier characters and just do stuff that will impress a lot. Hoping some people that I've brawled will upload our matches to show Low Tiers can keep up with the Meta-games these days.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Though I'll probably regret touching vBrawl again, I'll play. Give me a minute to switch out my SD cards.

Edit: Sorry Xtreme, but I just can't do anything right in that connection. California to Michigan is always iffy for me, and this is one of the times where it totally inhibits my function.

GGs though, your Zamus is solid. Brawl just feels completely foreign to me now. My PM transformation is complete.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Though I'll probably regret touching vBrawl again, I'll play. Give me a minute to switch out my SD cards.

Edit: Sorry Xtreme, but I just can't do anything right in that connection. California to Michigan is always iffy for me, and this is one of the times where it totally inhibits my function.

GGs though, your Zamus is solid. Brawl just feels completely foreign now. My PM transformation is complete.
that first game was almost lagfree.
gg anyways.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know, but the second one just started to be a grind and I couldn't edgeguard or space or do anything else right.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Isn't it time for a FFA? My room...all unorthodox players welcome and we don't ***** about lag......well not too often.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Isn't it time for a FFA? My room...all unorthodox players welcome and we don't ***** about lag......well not too often.
ill join for a bit.

Edit: thanks for the random acts of smashing, i shall be playing mk8 now.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Also, don't forget players have been changing the way characters are played, and Idk how long you two haven't brawled, but things are different in terms of Meta-games and stuff. Brawl isn't dead, it's just getting started.
Brawl will never fade away, even though I'm waiting for smash 4 to release, I don't believe for one second that brawl will die anytime soon, too many memories for those people to pass up.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
ill join for a bit.

Edit: thanks for the random acts of smashing, i shall be playing mk8 now.
Yeah...it was funny! I have MK8. I suck at it too. Can't stay on the road and I keep hitting the walls. Seems we had a pretty good connection. Your router must be doing better!

Think it would be too unorthodox to change to 99 stock?

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
well then i suppose we must have a rematch in smash 4.
Looking forward to it.

Anyone else want to play? I guess it might be better to stay accustomed with vanilla if I want to do remotely well in 4, despite how little I'll probably play it.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yeah...it was funny! I have MK8. I suck at it too. Can't stay on the road and I keep hitting the walls. Seems we had a pretty good connection. Your router must be doing better!
yep got a new one and this one doesnt crash.
my nnid is Extremechiton if you wanna join me in some mk8 failures.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
yep got a new one and this one doesnt crash.
my nnid is Extremechiton if you wanna join me in some mk8 failures.
LOL! I might if I knew how to operate the Wii U. My fav part of the game is watching the replays of me getting slammed with a shell or something in slow mo. Too funny!

Edit: Back to Brawl, @ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 COME ON RUDE BOY!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, it's getting quite close to anime time so I'm calling it quits.

As for the matches, I think that had a lot to do with me getting further and further into the Melee mindset. I didn't play as much of a grounded, defensive game as I should have and often took hits because I was used to not having an air dodge or tech always available the way they are in Brawl.

I was laughing my ass off at your Ike, because you play just like my dad. He's in his late fifties and on the rare occasions I play him, he can barely remember what the buttons do. But he always chooses Ike, and just runs up and starts mashing the C-stick. You might be able to recover a bit better than him, but otherwise your play styles are one in the same.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Yep, it's getting quite close to anime time so I'm calling it quits.

As for the matches, I think that had a lot to do with me getting further and further into the Melee mindset. I didn't play as much of a grounded, defensive game as I should have and often took hits because I was used to not having an air dodge or tech always available the way they are in Brawl.

I was laughing my *** off at your Ike, because you play just like my dad. He's in his late fifties and on the rare occasions I play him, he can barely remember what the buttons do. But he always chooses Ike, and just runs up and starts mashing the C-stick. You might be able to recover a bit better than him, but otherwise your play styles are one in the same.
Son! You're grounded!

LOL. I don't really know how to use Ike. Don't use him too much. Just trying him out with the hopes of landing a death hit here and there, cuz well, that's how I roll! Enjoy your Anime and thanks for playing!

Top Bottom