• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Brawl anyone? I think my internet's working better but want to make sure.
Edit: he doesn't want 2 ZSS in his face lol. Well if he agrees to I'll be on for the next 7 hours :colorful:

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Brawl anyone? I think my internet's working better but want to make sure.
You can beat me up if I can get my wii back from DM, if you're still around! lol
Trying to talk DM into teams, but not having any luck.
I'll brawl if you want till you get a better challenger. I think I leveled off at fail!

Last edited:

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Well she commandeered the wii so I'm done for now. Those were a nice few matches though. Been a while since I felt so pressured in a match.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
im up for some teams
i got my internet fixed so no more random disconnects.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
im up for some teams
i got my internet fixed so no more random disconnects.
I don't mind doing FFA since we only have 3 people. Granted my internet isn't twerking out still haha. I want to play against your ZSS sometime, I'm picking her up as a secondary.
Edit; Ok Jinx join xtreme's lobby I will too.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I'll have to pass. I need to sleep soon. You can still beat up jinx though. Please do, actually.
Yeah! Matter a fact, why don't you and Fang both slaughter me!
But if the two of you want to brawl each other, you can leave me out. I can get beat up just as well on Basic Brawl. Ha!
Peach....hmmmm

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I don't mind doing FFA since we only have 3 people. Granted my internet isn't twerking out still haha. I want to play against your ZSS sometime, I'm picking her up as a secondary.
ive got a room open
feel free to join.

zss is my secondary too.

anyone else can join if they want.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Yeah! Matter a fact, why don't you and Fang both slaughter me!
But if the two of you want to brawl each other, you can leave me out. I can get beat up just as well on Basic Brawl. Ha!
Peach....hmmmm
Do any of you guys want to play some singles? I want to work on some AT's and strings.
@ extremechiton extremechiton Stellar games man! They just kept getting better. Pertaining to ZSS, what do you do after you hit someone with a double Dsmash? flipjump->flipkick? Or Jump-> Bair? I'm trying to decide which lands you a hit more often.
Edit: Gang up on zatch next time? Anyone? :smirk:

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games all around. Some of those FFA strings had me chuckling.

Except for when I was the one getting 420 no scope tomahawked

Good fun, mates.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Good games all around. Some of those FFA strings had me chuckling.

Except for when I was the one getting 420 no scope tomahawked

Good fun, mates.
i was trying so hard to make you not win, but the others kept on getting in my way.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Late night brawl anyone?
Right on, you host homie.
Edit: Feel free to practice on me anytime haha. Guess I'm calling it a night. can you offer any advice? I'm haveing trouble standing my ground with players more advanced than me. I'm juggled a lot as you can see.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Late night brawl anyone?
I'll play a bit more before bed. Can't sleep at the moment.

Edit: Hosting.

Edit2: Fun games. I gotta get more consistent with my punishes on ground dodges.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Do any of you guys want to play some singles? I want to work on some AT's and strings.
@ extremechiton extremechiton Stellar games man! They just kept getting better. Pertaining to ZSS, what do you do after you hit someone with a double Dsmash? flipjump->flipkick? Or Jump-> Bair? I'm trying to decide which lands you a hit more often.
You can count me in that team vs Zatch but I think I will try to stay out of my teammates' way for the most part. If he comes in my direction, I will try to hit him. LOL! You guys are fun!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
There are some follow ups to 2x smash
Back air
F air
Up air,
Run away b reverse side b
You can do the flip kick off the stage for a spike ko
Up smash

Depending on percentage, you will have to choose which follow up to do.
Cuz sometimes the trajectory, speed and knockback at high percentage after the stun, increases, and you'll have to be quick, otherwise you'll wiff

At early percentag, the trajectory will low to do short hop aerials, so a grounded base attack would be prefered.

The best percentage, I find to be the easiest for a follow up is around the 120-150 Mark, and bait will usually kill.
I'm no expert, but I hope this helps.
:chuckle:

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
can you offer any advice? I'm haveing trouble standing my ground with players more advanced than me. I'm juggled a lot as you can see.
When you're airborne as Tink, as your opponent is nowhere near you after you've been sent away, pull a bomb (after you momentum cancel, if that seems necessary). You'll still have boomerang and z-air to help you get back. Or, if you're confident with your bomb handling, you can throw them and catch them again with an aerial.

You always seemed to ledge stall with bomb pulls whenever you felt there was no other safer way of getting onto the stage. Just think about a way of getting onstage you haven't used before in the match, and use it as SOON AS POSSIBLE. Have the idea on your mind before you even grab the ledge, and confide in it. If it is an offensive decision, it usually doesn't hurt to regrab the ledge with tether once or twice to throw off your opponent's guess. But don't make it a habit. If it's defensive, try to bait your opponent closer than the usual distance an edgeguarding player stands away from the ledge. This requires a lot more patience and situational awareness than following an offensive instinct. If they go offstage after you, and you roll onto the stage, you now have the upper hand if they don't make it back onstage before you do.

One of the things you don't want to do is dodge so predictably while your onstage. Once that gets baited, it can lead to some harsh punishments. If the opponent is too close for comfort, retreating out of shield n-air is usually the best idea. Fastfall once it ends to get your shield up ASAP if you think you'll need it, or jump to pull a bomb if you don't think so. I also noticed that you like to use u-tilt after sidesteps. I would say n-air is probably the safest option following a dodge. U-tilt can be... risky. It's good for setting up aerial chases (or killing if you keep it fresh), but it does leave you open if it doesn't hit anything. If it misses, or hits a shield, go for an n-air if your opponent is either charging at you or sitting close in their shield. Be wary of spacing, though. If you're playing against Ike, you might have to do an approaching n-air to hit him if he goes for a short hopped f-air. If he shields it, DI behind him and airdodge to avoid an obvious grab/jab and get behind him at the same time.

Also, you may want to work on your short hop double arrow. Your ability to perform it, for the most part, seemed really inconsistent. Go into training mode and get the timing down. Also, know when it's best to use it at all. You let me get too close while you were still trying to camp, and not once did I see you z-air once I got close enough for that. It's quite good, and gives your opponent something more to work against. It can also give you kill/tech chase setups at higher percentages. Try using it more in general.

You can count me in that team vs Zatch
I actually was playing some 2v1 games yesterday, got a solid two stock with Ness on BF against two Sonics. I'd actually be down for playing 2v1 with people around here. It seems like beneficial practice on both ends.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
When you're airborne as Tink, as your opponent is nowhere near you after you've been sent away, pull a bomb (after you momentum cancel, if that seems necessary). You'll still have boomerang and z-air to help you get back. Or, if you're confident with your bomb handling, you can throw them and catch them again with an aerial.

You always seemed to ledge stall with bomb pulls whenever you felt there was no other safer way of getting onto the stage. Just think about a way of getting onstage you haven't used before in the match, and use it as SOON AS POSSIBLE. Have the idea on your mind before you even grab the ledge, and confide in it. If it is an offensive decision, it usually doesn't hurt to regrab the ledge with tether once or twice to throw off your opponent's guess. But don't make it a habit. If it's defensive, try to bait your opponent closer than the usual distance an edgeguarding player stands away from the ledge. This requires a lot more patience and situational awareness than following an offensive instinct. If they go offstage after you, and you roll onto the stage, you now have the upper hand if they don't make it back onstage before you do.

One of the things you don't want to do is dodge so predictably while your onstage. Once that gets baited, it can lead to some harsh punishments. If the opponent is too close for comfort, retreating out of shield n-air is usually the best idea. Fastfall once it ends to get your shield up ASAP if you think you'll need it, or jump to pull a bomb if you don't think so. I also noticed that you like to use u-tilt after sidesteps. I would say n-air is probably the safest option following a dodge. U-tilt can be... risky. It's good for setting up aerial chases (or killing if you keep it fresh), but it does leave you open if it doesn't hit anything. If it misses, or hits a shield, go for an n-air if your opponent is either charging at you or sitting close in their shield. Be wary of spacing, though. If you're playing against Ike, you might have to do an approaching n-air to hit him if he goes for a short hopped f-air. If he shields it, DI behind him and airdodge to avoid an obvious grab/jab and get behind him at the same time.

Also, you may want to work on your short hop double arrow. Your ability to perform it, for the most part, seemed really inconsistent. Go into training mode and get the timing down. Also, know when it's best to use it at all. You let me get too close while you were still trying to camp, and not once did I see you z-air once I got close enough for that. It's quite good, and gives your opponent something more to work against. It can also give you kill/tech chase setups at higher percentages. Try using it more in general.

I actually was playing some 2v1 games yesterday, got a solid two stock with Ness on BF against two Sonics. I'd actually be down for playing 2v1 with people around here. It seems like beneficial practice on both ends.
Zatchiel the wise.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Yeah definitely later....I like to watch...please destroy the DM. My friend code is DM's friend code above. I don't think I have yours so when you are ready get that to us and let the games begin! LOLOLOLOL!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You guys want to know how to make @ Zatchiel Zatchiel lose in Brawl?

First
Unplug your Wii when you're about to get Ike'd on

Second

disconnect when Zatchiel fights for his friends. :4myfriends:

Third

:troll:

Last edited:

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Perfect timing, I need to eat now. Great matches and all, those rounds against falco made me feel absolutely brutal.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I would have to bring some friends. Lots of them! lol
If you decide to play P:M then I'm in... I'll 2 v 1 that punk in P:M.... hehehehehe.

I'll 1v1 him too.

If he sees this... Zatch....
'3'

Last edited:
Top Bottom