• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Mr. Star. Quite impressive characters, overall, just took a bit of me warming up to the Snake MU for me to do better there. All about covering those aerial options, which takes timing for someone as slow as Ike, haha. You certainly used your options well, but you have to keep pressure going after your attacks. Use your shield more than you dodge in that matchup, since that gave me something to pick up on and potentially turn the tide around quite often. Wish we could've played more, you're good fun. C: I was aiming to down air you when we both got sent up that last game, but your f-air was already out, presumably for momentum canceling.

Last edited:

Starline

Smash Cadet
I was aiming to down air you when we both got sent up that last game, but your f-air was already out, presumably for momentum canceling.
Yeah that was supposed to be a bair to momentum cancel. Not sure how I ended up facing the other way. That fair worked out great though n_n

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Ok I'll play a few more.
Well that two time that steal two stuck with metal knight as for my main are Pit and I consider put my metal knight as well I'm good with link and toon link and Ike oh Dk and kirby too I'm think anyway sorry for not give you a challenge I hope at least had a fun and the next time we play I think will be using metal knight and Pit.

Edit: any advice that you can give me?

Edit: I'm so looking forward to play with you @ Matsushi Matsushi and @ Saimunn93 Saimunn93 .

Last edited:

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
Hey guys, just wanna let you know that there's a website where you can still play brawl after Nintendo Wi-Fi's gone.

http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/index.php

Just put in your brawl friend code and put RSBE as your GameID.

Or if you live in a country that's not america...
RSBJ = Japan
RSBP = Europe/Australia
RSBK = Korea

Put in before May 18th, this a very good chance and you do not want to waste that chance.
No, but you do need to add everyone you want to play with before you submit your code.
OK, tried to put in my code, it gives me the message "2664-1836-4993 already exists in the database" and I never put it in. Also, where are we supposed to add the people we want to play with? And how are we supposed to know the FC if once registered it's not shown anymore?

Anyone wanna brawl?

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Well that two time that steal two stuck with metal knight as for my main are Pit and I consider put my metal knight as well I'm good with link and toon link and Ike oh Dk and kirby too I'm think anyway sorry for not give you a challenge I hope at least had a fun and the next time we play I think will be using metal knight and Pit.

Edit: any advice that you can give me?
GGs Rage. You did do best with MK and Pit. I was thinking who was your main, and then said if doesn't have one maybe he should pick up MK lol. Had nearly the same thoughts there.

You don't have to apologize you didn't anything wrong. I don't play people for the challenge, but play because I like Super Smash Bros.

I enjoy the games too.

Advice well you should start using more mixups than you do atm. Don't always use a lot of the same moves. One you might need to save it for later when it isn't weaken, and also it makes people predict you easily.

You're not very quick atm in terms of attacking, moving, and reacting. Wifi could be a problem with this too, so that could always be the case. Got to get faster with your moves.

Defense seems to be a problem too. You don't block enough, and you tend to always come at me when I knock you away. I could just wait for the you throw an attack while falling towards me then defend and counter attack. You got to sometimes just get away from your opponents instead, and try to land safely.

Don't roll so much either. While it is harder to do something about it with wifi its still isn't a great move.

That's all I really notice in these matches I believe. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Starline

Smash Cadet
GGs Kubo.

You should use ledge attack less. Oh, and don't take trades when you're down a stock. Other than that, I didn't really notice anything much.

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
GGs Kubo.

You should use ledge attack less. Oh, and don't take trades when you're down a stock. Other than that, I didn't really notice anything much.
Heh, as far as I remember all my ledge attacks connected. What's "taking trades"?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What's "taking trades"?
Challenging your opponent's attack or offensive decision with an attack of your own, I'm assuming. Usually when either of you is in the air while the other is on the ground. It's rather disadvantageous for you if you're down a stock unless the attack you choose to challenge will likely kill or set up a gimp with respect to their percentage or double jump availability (respectively; that's probably confusing). It's just free damage for your opponent while they maintain a stock lead. It's like setting off Snake's nades with both of you taking explosion damage, ideally. The person up a stock shouldn't go for risking trades if they feel like they'll be killed in the process, though.

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
I'll play. ^__^
GGs man! That :marth: really knows how to zone the area so tenaciously.. I hate to return to the stage against :marth:; bloody designed to edge-guard the opponent into the abyss..

Anyways, I was mostly trying to consolidate my :falcon:'s game a bit ROFL. Started playing him recently and I just adooooore his mechanics..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone else for some Brawl?

_ _ _

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
GGs man! That :marth: really knows how to zone the area so tenaciously.. I hate to return to the stage against :marth:; bloody designed to edge-guard the opponent into the abyss..

Anyways, I was mostly trying to consolidate my :falcon:'s game a bit ROFL. Started playing him recently and I just adooooore his mechanics..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
Finally I play you

Sorry man. I forgot I promised I would play someone else.

You can play Saimunn.
Thank you Metal

Edit: I had add you now Who host?

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
Good games!
Those were some really fun matches. I really liked the way you used you characters, very flashy indeed. Your ZSS and Pit were especially good. Nice reads with your grabs, and good use of Pit's arrows. You had superb accuracy, I was amazed. You had some incredible follow ups with your Cap, too!
That was so much fun, hopefully we'll be able to play again before WI-FI ends!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Are you Still here?
I am! Excuse me for my loitering.. I will be there in just a minute!

EDIT:
Hosting ;o

Good games!
Those were some really fun matches. I really liked the way you used you characters, very flashy indeed. Your ZSS and Pit were especially good. Nice reads with your grabs, and good use of Pit's arrows. You had superb accuracy, I was amazed. You had some incredible follow ups with your Cap, too!
That was so much fun, hopefully we'll be able to play again before WI-FI ends!
Indeed indeed, I hope to play you again in short prospect! And well, I wasn't quite on par with your :marth:, not even with my former main (:zerosuitsamus:).. I mean I think I confiscated a couple of games there but in general well.. And your defiance towards my feeble attempts to platform cancel was just, really really rage inciteful ROFL XD

Anyways thanks for the commendations man, I appreciate it! :pit: was a pit rusty in my opinion; could've incorporated a bit more jab-canceling in there, but :marth: is just.. He's got this bubble around him, so there's like this fan of knives orbiting him which makes him impregnable at times..

But thanks, I suppose I didn't do too bad xD

Last edited:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I am! Excuse me for my loitering.. I will be there in just a minute!

EDIT:
Hosting ;o

Indeed indeed, I hope to play you again in short prospect! And well, I wasn't quite on par with your :marth:, not even with my former main (:zerosuitsamus:).. I mean I think I confiscated a couple of games there but in general well.. And your defiance towards my feeble attempts to platform cancel was just, really really rage inciteful ROFL XD

Anyways thanks for the commendations man, I appreciate it! :pit: was a pit rusty in my opinion; could've incorporated a bit more jab-canceling in there, but :marth: is just.. He's got this bubble around him, so there's like this fan of knives orbiting him which makes him impregnable at times..

Ok I be there

Matsushi

True Blood

Yup! We could also perhaps fit in some more Marth dittos, those are my favorite. Your ZSS I reckon was your best character in my opinion. She was very quick, the B-reversals were neat and she was rather intimidating. XD Ugh, the both of us failed at the platform cancelling, haha. Performing a down-air rather than platform cancelling is really irritating, especially considering how laggy Marth's d-air is.
You're most welcome! Pit was good, especially with reading my recovery and punishing with those arrows. I barely know the Marth/Pit MU, so our matches were new to me.
Ugh, Marf and his constant sword slashing. Just gotta learn to pop that
persistent bubble he has, and then the momentum will shift from his favor to the opponents.
Haha, you're welcome!

Our text colors look really pretty together, haha. Just had to throw that out there.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ehhhhh I'm not available for too long (was planning to Brawl until 5:30 PM EST), but eh, looks like I'll be too busy (school's been so draining on me lately X__x)

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
The days are counting down. Who's up for a game of Brawl? (P:M works too)

Top Bottom