• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Anyone wanna fight?

Note: I will be here brawling until I cannot press button anymore (I'm tired) or maybe at 1:00 AM or 2:30
Note: During the match if you see this: nxtone last = the next one will be the last or thi is last = This match will be the last because something its up or I'm really tired
Note: in my last match I always like to play for 4 or 5 stock(only nxtone last)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna fight?

Note: I will be here brawling until I cannot press button anymore (I'm tired) or maybe at 1:00 AM or 2:30
Note: During the match if you see this: nxtone last = the next one will be the last or thi is last = This match will be the last because something its up or I'm really tired
Note: in my last match I always like to play for 4 or 5 stock(only nxtone last)
Sure, I can help ya with this!
EDIT: Or...maybe I can't. Disconnect message (o/.../o) Sorry, good luck

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Stick. Those first few games were complete under-performances by me, wifi had my SDing all over the place. Picked it up by a lot in the later games, but I'm overall displeased with how well I did.

You should tone it down on when and how much you use f-smash. You could space better with retreating f-air, rather than using them to get in and fish for grabs, f-smashes, and dancing blade. Don't use dolphin slash so often, as it got you punished a lot more later on because it's pretty easy to tell when you might throw it out. Use it more as a surprise attack to stop punishes and destroy DI, particularly out of shield. Use your tilts and jabs more, and don't use so many dodges, as those were quite easy to bait essentially every time after you used a ground attack or sat in shield long enough and apparently grew fearsome of an incoming grab or attack. You have a load of options to stop punishes, and therefore you have loads of options to substitute for those dodges. And try not to use dash grab, as it's quite laggy (both before the grab frames and after). Use shield dash grab instead. Also, don't shield grab unless you actually see a move hit your shield and know the opponent is somewhat close to you afterward, and never finish dancing blade on a shield unless it's with the multi-stab (even then use it very tentatively).

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I guess I'll play, we never really got to finish where we left off.

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
Good games Stick. Those first few games were complete under-performances by me, wifi had my SDing all over the place. Picked it up by a lot in the later games, but I'm overall displeased with how well I did.

You should tone it down on when and how much you use f-smash. You could space better with retreating f-air, rather than using them to get in and fish for grabs, f-smashes, and dancing blade. Don't use dolphin slash so often, as it got you punished a lot more later on because it's pretty easy to tell when you might throw it out. Use it more as a surprise attack to stop punishes and destroy DI, particularly out of shield. Use your tilts and jabs more, and don't use so many dodges, as those were quite easy to bait essentially every time after you used a ground attack or sat in shield long enough and apparently grew fearsome of an incoming grab or attack. You have a load of options to stop punishes, and therefore you have loads of options to substitute for those dodges. And try not to use dash grab, as it's quite laggy (both before the grab frames and after). Use shield dash grab instead. Also, don't shield grab unless you actually see a move hit your shield and know the opponent is somewhat close to you afterward, and never finish dancing blade on a shield unless it's with the multi-stab (even then use it very tentatively).
Thanks for the tips Zatch. I'm sorry for replying so late, but I really enjoyed our games. I don't know what your talking about when you say the first games were "under-performances." I loved that Link. You really have a lot of technical skill. I can never get that toadstool to jab lock off. I wasn't quite sure I was playing the same person as before though. Did you drastically change your play-style? My friend hopped in for a few games. When I put the name Dav on (I use a weird control scheme.) He hasn't played in a while so he was a bit rusty. You main Ike right? Bring your Link out the next time I fight you.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I guess I'll play, we never really got to finish where we left off.
O___O that last match..... (you let me have it didn't you?)

I think I need to break bad habits more than anything. Muscle memory is killing me. On reaction I'll F-smash and D-smash roll or spot dodge when inappropriate. I'll always ledgehop too. Man. Bad habits kill me. Dang... This goes for my Diddy especially. Every time I tried to jab you I would get jabbed back. Is it just a match-up thing with Ike vs. Falco? The matches were more fun when I wasn't Falco or Diddy but hey I gotta practice. When I rolled I always thought"why did I just roll?" there really was no reason to. Jeez. Sometimes I could get some stuff going when I jabbed though so thats definitely something I need to keep doing. Also that spike in the Ike vs. Pit match Dang... GG's bro.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Chreest. I don't know why wifi didn't register any of my meteor cancel input that last game, not even my jump. Disappointed with that, but eh. All's good in a solid defeat.

Loved how you've incorporated jabs into your game more, but you still use too much rapid jab. The turnaround jabs were excellent, the laser camping could've had more commitment to get me to approach, and more f-tilt could've been used to aid in spacing, especially after jab or a short hopped single laser. You can set up a guaranteed (?) grab or jab with n-air if it ends on the ground before the last hit comes out. Use it more often up close to help land grabs or kill setups. More laser mixups too, like SHSL -> grab or SHSL -> d-air. Experiment. That ground dodging habit also still needs to be broken. You almost never have to dodge against mid/low tiers as Falco, if you're playing him ideally.
Thanks for the tips Zatch. I'm sorry for replying so late, but I really enjoyed our games. I don't know what your talking about when you say the first games were "under-performances." I loved that Link. You really have a lot of technical skill. I can never get that toadstool to jab lock off. I wasn't quite sure I was playing the same person as before though. Did you drastically change your play-style? My friend hopped in for a few games. When I put the name Dav on (I use a weird control scheme.) He hasn't played in a while so he was a bit rusty. You main Ike right? Bring your Link out the next time I fight you.
Because I was not playing anywhere near what I'd consider my capacity those first few games, as I was self-destructing a whole lot and missing lots of simple punishes. I don't think my Link is anything special, but thanks, I've been practicing him a little, recently. I buckled down a bit more and focused on my reads rather than going for silly punishes that I like to do to counter bad habits for kicks, like standing there while your shield is up and calculating your options/habits to determine my next move. Yes, my main is Ike. And if you see my Link next time, it'll only be because I feel like using him while I'm selecting random characters.

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Good games. Towards the end I was just trying anything to stop the arrows XD Too much
GGs man! Yeah, figured that people tend to incriminate :pit: of being obnoxious obtrusive for launching such endless volleys of arrows :D
Cool combinations you had with the jabs btw. You should try jab-cancelling as well; mixing the jabs up with more initial 2-jab sequences inflicts more damage and allows for more follow-up options :)

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Brawl Anyone?

Nvm

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Anyone up for some Brawl? :p
(Wow, this question has been asked a lot today).

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
GGs man! Yeah, figured that people tend to incriminate :pit: of being obnoxious obtrusive for launching such endless volleys of arrows :D
Cool combinations you had with the jabs btw. You should try jab-cancelling as well; mixing the jabs up with more initial 2-jab sequences inflicts more damage and allows for more follow-up options :)
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely practice that. Some of the things you were doing with the arrows were making me go *mouth gape* The control you had was incredible!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Good games, but... Wow, I've never played so terribly in my life. xP I'm so sorry.
Now tell me, how is it that you use so many characters so efficiently? xD I'm just playing Sheik for the fun of it now, but in that last match I tried going back to my main, Lucario. But my brain still thought I was playing Sheik, and it felt WAY too slow and I kept trying to do Sheik combos, haha. You, on the other hand, went through a myriad of characters and played them all very well!

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
Good games, but... Wow, I've never played so terribly in my life. xP I'm so sorry.
Now tell me, how is it that you use so many characters so efficiently? xD I'm just playing Sheik for the fun of it now, but in that last match I tried going back to my main, Lucario. But my brain still thought I was playing Sheik, and it felt WAY too slow and I kept trying to do Sheik combos, haha. You, on the other hand, went through a myriad of characters and played them all very well!
GGs

Well, I suppose that since I never had a main and used different characters, I never got used to the playstyle of any paticular one, so I don't feel awkward with different ones, which I suppose it was what happened to you when you switched.. Though I doubt my, let's say Mario, is as good as a Mario main. Also, I was wondering why I never saw Lucario since I was sure I had seen his icon in your profile.

If you want I can try hosting next time, there was some delay in some matches and I think it was affecting you as well.

Top Bottom