• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, as always Alexo. I decided to mix it up a bit today, I figured you were probably tired of fighting Bowser every time we play. I'll have to go Wolf against you more often I never realized how fun the Wolf/Faclon MU is. You made some pretty godlike reads in some of those matches too.

Edit: Just wondering, but how do you feel about Toon Link? I just recently picked him up and I think he's pretty good, but the majority of the community seems to disagree.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs, as always Alexo. I decided to mix it up a bit today, I figured you were probably tired of fighting Bowser every time we play. I'll have to go Wolf against you more often I never realized how fun the Wolf/Faclon MU is. You made some pretty godlike reads in some of those matches too.
GGs Dair reads lol. But yeah GGs Wolf is hard as crap for Falcon I feel but fun. Better than playing ZSS do. You have some good tech chases as well(or im easy to read is possibly true).

Toon Link? Oh gawd I also feel like that is a nightmare for Falcon(or im bad). Toon Link has a lot of projectiles which I think are good for characters similar to Falcon.

Overall Toon Link is Alexo approved!< kinda lame lol

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs Dair reads lol. But yeah GGs Wolf is hard as crap for Falcon I feel but fun. Better than playing ZSS do. You have some good tech chases as well(or im easy to read is possibly true).
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say you're easy to read it took me a few matches before I was able to tech chase you effectively, but I just kind of use my own mentality for escaping tech chases to try to read my opponent because my training partner plays Ganon and it's ridiculous how good he is at tech chasing with flame choke, I've seen him get people into kill percent with that move alone and then just finish them off with dtilt or Wizard's Foot, so playing against that all the time I got good at devising all kinds of different ways to escape from tech chases and so if I pretend like I'm in my opponents shoes when I tech chase them it makes it easier to download their teching habits so to speak. Thanks for the compliment though, Wolf is like the only spacie I can play, Fox and Falco are way too technical for me, that's why I play Peach in Melee, it takes no skill to play her lol.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say you're easy to read it took me a few matches before I was able to tech chase you effectively, but I just kind of use my own mentality for escaping tech chases to try to read my opponent because my training partner plays Ganon and it's ridiculous how good he is at tech chasing with flame choke, I've seen him get people into kill percent with that move alone and then just finish them off with dtilt or Wizard's Foot, so playing against that all the time I got good at devising all kinds of different ways to escape from tech chases and so if I pretend like I'm in my opponents shoes when I tech chase them it makes it easier to download their teching habits so to speak. Thanks for the compliment though, Wolf is like the only spacie I can play, Fox and Falco are way too technical for me, that's why I play Peach in Melee, it takes no skill to play her lol.
P:M Fox and Falco just arent the same as Melee, so im sticking with Falcon. And yeah I usually forget my opponents tendencies which makes me mad. After d throw you woul tech behind and I continued to forget.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
P:M Fox and Falco just arent the same as Melee, so im sticking with Falcon. And yeah I usually forget my opponents tendencies which makes me mad. After d throw you woul tech behind and I continued to forget.
Yeah, they were definitely nerfed, but they're still probably the best characters in the game, either them or Sheik, I might actually lean more towards Sheik since shine doesn't have invincibilty anymore. You should definitely experiment with some of the Brawl characters though, most all of them are really cool, and all the Melee vets that used to suck have all received significant buffs, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Zelda in particular are all amazing imo.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they were definitely nerfed, but they're still probably the best characters in the game, either them or Sheik, I might actually lean more towards Sheik since shine doesn't have invincibilty anymore. You should definitely experiment with some of the Brawl characters though, most all of them are really cool, and all the Melee vets that used to suck have all received significant buffs, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Zelda in particular are all amazing imo.
Yeah Im definitely not into projectile characters(except Melee Falco). The Brawl characters are interesting, and the only one I would like to use is Wario. Bowser almost at broken level now in my opinion.

imo= in my opinoin? WHOAH

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah Im definitely not into projectile characters(except Melee Falco). The Brawl characters are interesting, and the only one I would like to use is Wario. Bowser almost at broken level now in my opinion.

imo= in my opinoin? WHOAH
Ugh I hate fighting Wario lol. I'd disagree about Bowser though, he's good, but definitely not broken, he still has all the same shortcomings as Melee and Brawl, he's a big, slow target, who's easy to combo and very susceptible to grabs and camping, the difference is he lives longer, can actually kill and has the tools to punish careless approaches now.

Edit: Oh and then there's the fact that grounded Bowser Bombs are jump cancellable now too, that helps him quite a bit too.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Ace:

Lol, just saw this. I'm available from 8 AM to 4PM, also 10:30PM till I get sleepy. Just PM me when you're ready to get smashed. lol >_>

I missed you :c , sorry. You available today?

I got some homework to do, shouldnt take me too long. As long as my housemate isn't using his TV (where the Wii, his ps2, and his xbox are all set up) then I'm free to play you

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
okay
Ace:

Lol, just saw this. I'm available from 8 AM to 4PM, also 10:30PM till I get sleepy. Just PM me when you're ready to get smashed. lol >_>
I'll warn you, bros, I was the same way when it was a week from Christmas 2012. I smack talked him and he proved he was good, so watch yourself okay?

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I got some homework to do, shouldnt take me too long. As long as my housemate isn't using his TV (where the Wii, his ps2, and his xbox are all set up) then I'm free to play you
Aiight. Whenever you're ready!

okay

I'll warn you, bros, I was the same way when it was a week from Christmas 2012. I smack talked him and he proved he was good, so watch yourself okay?

oh lawd

--
Brawl anyone?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs I started to get salty against Ike lol. Anything I can improve on? Any suggestions?
Umm, Idk I play a little Falcon, but yours is definitely way better than mine, your tech skill is pretty great, I would just practice reading your opponents, and you'll definitely have an easier time once you get more experienced in the new MUs too, and yeah Ike can be a turd, but he suffers from the same fundamental flaw as Falcon in that they both have a really hard time against characters with projectiles, because projectiles can shut down all of Ike's quick draw shenanigans which severely limits his approach options especially since he's not particularly fast.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Umm, Idk I play a little Falcon, but yours is definitely way better than mine, your tech skill is pretty great, I would just practice reading your opponents, and you'll definitely have an easier time once you get more experienced in the new MUs too, and yeah Ike can be a turd, but he suffers from the same fundamental flaw as Falcon in that they both have a really hard time against characters with projectiles, because projectiles can shut down all of Ike's quick draw shenanigans which severely limits his approach options especially since he's not particularly fast.
Yeah the reads will come to me eventually. I just need more experience. As you see I joined on Wed. lol. Yeah all I did before I had peeps to play is practice tech skill. I remember you saying your tech skill is bad, just sit down and practice tech skill all night like I do lol. I started to get a few solid reads which made me happy.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah the reads will come to me eventually. I just need more experience. As you see I joined on Wed. lol. Yeah all I did before I had peeps to play is practice tech skill. I remember you saying your tech skill is bad, just sit down and practice tech skill all night like I do lol. I started to get a few solid reads which made me happy.
Yeah, well my tech skill is ok for the characters I play, I mean I main Bowser as far a tech skill goes all I really need to know is how to L-cancel, up-b oos, jc down-b, and down-b snap to the ledge. The only super technical character I'd like to learn how to play would probably be Lucas because he seems like he has enormous potential, but no one really plays him.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well my tech skill is ok for the characters I play, I mean I main Bowser as far a tech skill goes all I really need to know is how to L-cancel, up-b oos, jc down-b, and down-b snap to the ledge. The only super technical character I'd like to learn how to play would probably be Lucas because he seems like he has enormous potential, but no one really plays him.
Yeah lol I was talkin like Im talkin to a young wannabe Falcon main or somethin lol. But yeah those reads are gonna come to me and I feel Ill be a pretty strong player.

Top Bottom