• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Baaccooonnn I missed your Wolf man, I really did. I noticed you don't spam bair as much, I was looking out for it. My housemate mains Wolf now and I was like "psht I know these matchups I got dis" but as it turns out youre 40x better than he is lol

Sucks that the lag killed you that last match
GG's all around

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Baaccooonnn I missed your Wolf man, I really did. I noticed you don't spam bair as much, I was looking out for it. My housemate mains Wolf now and I was like "psht I know these matchups I got dis" but as it turns out youre 40x better than he is lol

Sucks that the lag killed you that last match
GG's all around
GGs, I missed playing you man haha

That last match, I dsmashed for the kill, but instead of that happening it wifi buffered a dair falling off the ledge. I facepalmed hardcore xD

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
GGs, I missed playing you man haha

That last match, I dsmashed for the kill, but instead of that happening it wifi buffered a dair falling off the ledge. I facepalmed hardcore xD

Thats what I had figured happened. Besides that though I kinda got spanked. Looks like I have some catching up to do

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
GGs someonerandom! can't believe I lost to ganon -that usually never happens o.o- and Idk what happened when you used Luigi and Jigglypuff.......lets never speak of that actually. O btw have anything to say about Mario? Just picked him up about 2 days ago so im abit nooby with him -advice for Bowser if you have any as well :)-

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Your Bowser can roll with my high-tiers... For the most part. I'm super impressed right now, if you couldn't tell. O_o

Good games, SWM. It was fun playing you, and I really would have liked to play longer, but my sisters are making me help out with the cooking. :facepalm:

That Up-B OoS is sooooo good, nice job with that. Sorry for picking Bowser's worst match ups (in other words, every character in the game besides Ganon). Although, DDD just isn't fair with the small step chain grab, so I didn't abuse that too much. ;P

Some good stuff going on with the grab release - jab follow up shenanigans as well. Actually frustrated me a bit. D:

Edit: Give me one second for advice... Like I said, people in my house are making me do stuff. ;P

Hmm, I'm going to say it now: Mario sucks, no offense. Not you, but the character. xD But I fully support you, as you are considered the low-tier hero in my mind. ;P

I think you could make good stuff happen though. I don't actually play Mario though, lol. U-air is a nice juggle move so abuse it, but don't make it super obvious or else that's a shield grab. D-smash is a bit of a GTFO move I feel, but it sucks when shielded. ;P F-smash is going to be your main kill move most of the time (I think...), but don't telegraph it from miles away just because your opponent is at kill percent.

Um, Bowser... Do your best not to just drop in from above with aerials, because as you could see, he gets juggled to no end by certain characters, MK being the dumbest with U-air strings forever, then even more on top of that. Grab releases are good, but don't fish, it'll get you punished all day long. Um... Bowser can be tricky with his ISJR (infinite second jump renewal) via Koopa Claw, get the mind games in. ;P

Other than that, I really don't know much about the characters, so... Otherwise, just generally, abuse Bowser's F-tilt as well because it has dumb range and stuff, and his D-tilt is tricky at the edge (I feel). ;)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs someonerandom! can't believe I lost to ganon -that usually never happens o.o- and Idk what happened when you used Luigi and Jigglypuff.......lets never speak of that actually. O btw have anything to say about Mario? Just picked him up about 2 days ago so im abit nooby with him -advice for Bowser if you have any as well :)-
Here's some Mario advice, play Luigi instead, he's actually not complete garbage.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Your Bowser can roll with my high-tiers... For the most part. I'm super impressed right now, if you couldn't tell. O_o

Good games, SWM. It was fun playing you, and I really would have liked to play longer, but my sisters are making me help out with the cooking. :facepalm:

That Up-B OoS is sooooo good, nice job with that. Sorry for picking Bowser's worst match ups (in other words, every character in the game besides Ganon). Although, DDD just isn't fair with the small step chain grab, so I didn't abuse that too much. ;P

Some good stuff going on with the grab release - jab follow up shenanigans as well. Actually frustrated me a bit. D:

Edit: Give me one second for advice... Like I said, people in my house are making me do stuff. ;P

DDD I can accept but Metaknight and pikachu? that was a bit harsh :p. and thanks for the complement! I feel I've improved abit when it comes to reading movement -still needs work but its getting there-. speaking of reading I have to say your Snake is by far one of the scariest Snakes I've ever seen. normally I hate Snakes because the only thing they do is spam nades and utilt/usmash, but you plan out your attacks very well and hardly spam anything -when you caught me with grenade off the ledege connecting the Bair i was just shocked how perfect that was-. anywhos very solid Snake game you have! -pun intended-
Here's some Mario advice, play Luigi instead, he's actually not complete garbage.
Luigi in smash has always been boring to me imo. idk why but I always just likes mario even from 64 he just felt like a fun character to play. Don't care if one's garbage or not - in that case I wouldn't main Bowser :p- just want to play a character that's in my liking.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
DDD I can accept but Metaknight and pikachu? that was a bit harsh :p. and thanks for the complement! I feel I've improved abit when it comes to reading movement -still needs work but its getting there-. speaking of reading I have to say your Snake is by far one of the scariest Snakes I've ever seen. normally I hate Snakes because the only thing they do is spam nades and utilt/usmash, but you plan out your attacks very well and hardly spam anything -when you caught me with grenade off the ledege connecting the Bair i was just shocked how perfect that was-. anywhos very solid Snake game you have! -pun intended-
Sorry, I was kind of just attempting to troll with Pikachu for fun via U-air and Quick Attack cancels, but it seems it wasn't very effective (lol Pokemon), as you got me down to one stock. MK is just kind of natural to select after a few rounds, couldn't resist. Sorry, I'll try not to pick match ups that Bowser gets molested in next time. Although... does he even have any? O_o

Mmm, you'll get better at reading once you have enough character knowledge, because then you'll know the current situation and what the most likely options are, then you just go from there. Thanks for the Snake compliment. ;)

Anyone want to play? I am on a quest to unrust for Apex.
I'll play a few rounds with you.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Sorry, I was kind of just attempting to troll with Pikachu for fun via U-air and Quick Attack cancels, but it seems it wasn't very effective (lol Pokemon), as you got me down to one stock. MK is just kind of natural to select after a few rounds, couldn't resist. Sorry, I'll try not to pick match ups that Bowser gets molested in next time. Although... does he even have any? O_o

Mmm, you'll get better at reading once you have enough character knowledge, because then you'll know the current situation and what the most likely options are, then you just go from there. Thanks for the Snake compliment. ;)

I'll play a few rounds with you.
Alright, I'll head online in a bit.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Luigi in smash has always been boring to me imo. idk why but I always just likes mario even from 64 he just felt like a fun character to play. Don't care if one's garbage or not - in that case I wouldn't main Bowser :p- just want to play a character that's in my liking.
That makes no logical sense, they're clones. They have almost the exact same moveset, especially in 64 that's the game that they're the most similar, though Mario is the better one in that game.

Top Bottom