• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games, Old Man Grey. Don't exactly know what happened there, but good stuff you've got going on, even while rusty. >.>

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good games, Old Man Grey. Don't exactly know what happened there, but good stuff you've got going on, even while rusty. >.>
I got off because that was the worse piece of lag I've encounter so far and it got in the way of using G&W. I forgot G&W and lag don't mix well. Jesus, how the hell did I get used to that before?

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I got off because that was the worse piece of lag I've encounter so far and it got in the way of using G&W. I forgot G&W and lag don't mix well. Jesus, how the hell did I get used to that before?

Understandable, although expectations for our matches should be set extremely low anyway, seeing the distance between our areas.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Understandable, although expectations for our matches should be set extremely low anyway, seeing the distance between our areas.
No doubt but you are restarting Brawl after sometime and you lose because of lag and get snuffed out by simple dumb mistakes; I can't deny that I wasn't getting frustrated.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
^

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with that. Unfortunately, after a while here playing people galaxies away from you, the lag becomes the secondary focus in matches; it almost can't be helped adapting to it after a while. I see how getting back into it from scratch would be challenging. Admittedly though, "adapting" to the lag is probably a bad thing which I've probably picked up. o_o

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs man. That lag was f*cking me over, I almost didnt do any of the moves i wanted to lol, couldn't even momentum cancel. No johns tho, ur Peach is getting better. Turnips, float, and dash attack are why i think Peach should be higher on the tier list. You just have this playstyle thats different from other peaches, I cant explain it, but take it as a compliment. :). I remember you saying that Kirby and G&W are a couple of your worst matchups, but i cant tell, you look like you knew your stuff to me; while Peach, Wolf, and Marth are my worst matchups lol. Keep reppin that Peach man!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone want to play some Brawl doubles? I already have two other people so I just need one more.

CJ Dunnick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-2506-5223
GGs man. That lag was f*cking me over, I almost didnt do any of the moves i wanted to lol, couldn't even momentum cancel. No johns tho, ur Peach is getting better. Turnips, float, and dash attack are why i think Peach should be higher on the tier list. You just have this playstyle thats different from other peaches, I cant explain it, but take it as a compliment. :). I remember you saying that Kirby and G&W are a couple of your worst matchups, but i cant tell, you look like you knew your stuff to me; while Peach, Wolf, and Marth are my worst matchups lol. Keep reppin that Peach man!
Thanks, I guest i got my rust off while playing this weekend. Aye man you need my permission to pull a bomb-omb against me lol. I'm always trying to get better always believe it or not I could actually learn a few things from your peach. And i changed up my game a bit by trying to constantly short hop with or with out turnips because i could tell you were having a more difficult time to get back on stage. But ok i can give myself a pat on the back for improvement this time (Claps)
My bad match ups are really just:
MetaKnight, but hey its MetaKnight -_-
Marth: Best edge guarder in the game along with range
Falco: Best camping game in the game. (Still not sure how to approach a good falco camper and usually take a lot of punishment from it)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
^

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with that. Unfortunately, after a while here playing people galaxies away from you, the lag becomes the secondary focus in matches; it almost can't be helped adapting to it after a while. I see how getting back into it from scratch would be challenging. Admittedly though, "adapting" to the lag is probably a bad thing which I've probably picked up. o_o
The problem is that I don't just play Brawl. I am trying to get back into Marvel, Injustice and I wanna learn Tekken Tag 2 before Apex.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
The problem is that I don't just play Brawl. I am trying to get back into Marvel, Injustice and I wanna learn Tekken Tag 2 before Apex.
Right on, I play Injustice too, though I'm pretty bad at it. The only fighting games I'm good at are Smash, Soul Calibur and P4A.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
!

Cutting down a...
Who would do such a terrible...

I demand to know who could be cruel enough to do such a thing!

:006:

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Yo you still there...? I would P:M you...

GGs James~ :) Though I'm not quite satisfied with the quantity of games we managed to play :/ Pretty funny stuff though! :seuss:

If anyone wants to Brawl/2v2/P:M I'm still here.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Man was I out of it during those lol, haven't played that badly in a long time

Something tells me I should quit for the day haha

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yo you still there...? I would P:M you...

GGs James~ :) Though I'm not quite satisfied with the quantity of games we managed to play :/ Pretty funny stuff though! :seuss:

If anyone wants to Brawl/2v2/P:M I'm still here.
Yeah sorry about that lack of communication at the beginning, and then J-Slo kept disconnecting, so he decided to just get off, it's always a pain to try to get doubles going on wifi.

MetaKnight, but hey its MetaKnight -_-
Marth: Best edge guarder in the game along with range
Falco: Best camping game in the game. (Still not sure how to approach a good falco camper and usually take a lot of punishment from it)
Imo, Olimar, Diddy, Snake, and maybe even ICs are all better at camping than Falco, and Pikachu is the best edge-guarder in the game he can literally put a wall between you and the stage. I can see why Falco would give you trouble though since you play Peach, I play Pika and he can just crawl under Falco's lasers and has multiple options to punish phantasm, although I've found with Peach turnips are a good way to punish phantasm.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
P:M anyone?

Edit: I'll play you Ace, since I probably won't be able to find a P:M match for a while.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
its not really u its me. I always hated Pikachu in the smash bros games. its just about spamming down smash, thunder, and thunder jolt. its even worse in vbrawl cause it has 2 chain grabs. ur really good with luigi, but when u chose Pikachu I just wasn't having any fun anymore and I thought the games were too cheap so I quit.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
its not really u its me. I always hated Pikachu in the smash bros games. its just about spamming down smash, thunder, and thunder jolt. its even worse in vbrawl cause it has 2 chain grabs. ur really good with luigi, but when u chose Pikachu I just wasn't having any fun anymore and I thought the games were too cheap so I quit.
Pika mains all over the world are raging so hard right now.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
No offense, but all of those things are easy to deal with, I only spam dsmash because you never punished me for it, if you were able to consistently punish me for it, or show me that you knew how to SDI out of it, then I would've stopped using it as much, and I didn't spam tjolt, you were trying to camp me with nades, so I camped you right back with tjolts, I did the same thing with Luigi's fireballs too, so you can't complain about one and not complain about the other, as for the CG again you didn't punish me for fishing for grabs, so why should I have stopped? Also you play Snake and MK both of whom are higher tier than Pika so if you think he's cheap then by that logic they are too, if you're tired of losing to Pika go learn the MU instead of whining that he's cheap because he's definitely not, and I mean that in the most polite unoffensive way possible.

Edit: Also if you want to complain about vBrawl then I'd be happy to play Project: M with you because that's the only Brawl mod that anyone plays anymore.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
No offense, but all of those things are easy to deal with, I only spam dsmash because you never punished me for it, if you were able to consistently punish me for it, or show me that you knew how to SDI out of it, then I would've stopped using it as much, and I didn't spam tjolt, you were trying to camp me with nades, so I camped you right back with tjolts, I did the same thing with Luigi's fireballs too, so you can't complain about one and not complain about the other, as for the CG again you didn't punish me for fishing for grabs, so why should I have stopped? Also you play Snake and MK both of whom are higher tier than Pika so if you think he's cheap then by that logic they are too, if you're tired of losing to Pika go learn the MU instead of whining that he's cheap because he's definitely not, and I mean that in the most polite unoffensive way possible.
you're defintely right with everything u mentioned. like i said its just me. i always had a problem fighting pikachu in smash bros games which is why i hate it so much. ill always think pikachu is cheap but thats my opinion. sorry if i offended u or anything, im not trying to start a war over pikachu or other characters.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
you're defintely right with everything u mentioned. like i said its just me. i always had a problem fighting pikachu in smash bros games which is why i hate it so much. ill always think pikachu is cheap but thats my opinion. sorry if i offended u or anything, im not trying to start a war over pikachu or other characters.
What I'm getting at is that you're on Smashboards, you have all the tools you need to learn how to beat Pikachu, two of the characters you play (MK and G&W) are terrible MUs for Pika, so if you actually learn how to approach the MU it will be very hard for Pika players to beat you with either of those characters.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
What I'm getting at is that you're on Smashboards, you have all the tools you need to learn how to beat Pikachu, two of the characters you play (MK and G&W) are terrible MUs for Pika, so if you actually learn how to approach the MU it will be very hard for Pika players to beat you with either of those characters.
i dont really play as meta knight i play as Snake and G&W. anyway i do need to look at the matchups chart more. when i played as fox yesterday, when the game started i just remebered oh crap fox has a disadvantage against pikachu cause of the stupid chain grab. that was my fault. ill try my best to get better playing against a pikachu but its not much of a big deal right now.

Edit: i dont have project m, since i personally dont care for it.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
i dont really play as meta knight i play as Snake and G&W. anyway i do need to look at the matchups chart more. when i played as fox yesterday, when the game started i just remebered oh crap fox has a disadvantage against pikachu cause of the stupid chain grab. that was my fault. ill try my best to get better playing against a pikachu but its not much of a big deal right now.
Well I can play if you're still looking for an opponent. I'll use my secondary so you don't get as frustrated, my ZSS needs some practice anyway.

Top Bottom