• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
GG's, Shadow. God tier lag matches.

Are they P:M dubz? You still need an extra?

Thanks, though those matches weren't really fair for either of us... Honestly, things could've gone a lot different if they weren't as laggy. As for tips, just try to play more of an approaching/aggro playstyle with your particular set of characters. You were playing a bit as if it were Brawl, and you rolled quite a bit, too. Made you somewhat predictable after a while, but even so, under the harsh connection settings, it was difficult to punish, regardless... Just keep practicing, man. You've got potential.
I knew i shouldnt have went back to brawl a week ago i went back to brawl because i didnt know how i could find ppl and play online so that probably screwed me up and the rolling thats just a bad habit ive had with me since smash 64 cant seem to get away from guess i should probably start practicing on my wavedash and spacing a bit more because i was never really god at either of those thanks for the tips man appreciate it and i hope next time we battle it wont be as laggy so i can actually see how good i am.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I knew i shouldnt have went back to brawl a week ago i went back to brawl because i didnt know how i could find ppl and play online so that probably screwed me up and the rolling thats just a bad habit ive had with me since smash 64 cant seem to get away from guess i should probably start practicing on my wavedash and spacing a bit more because i was never really god at either of those thanks for the tips man appreciate it and i hope next time we battle it wont be as laggy so i can actually see how good i am.
Rolling is a habit we've all had to counteract at some stage in our Smash career. :) And sure, no prob'. See you around.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Great games Zatch! Always a fun time...tho i think i should go to sleeo soon though lol

But first, i wanna say thanks for the matches. I realized i've been doing so badly recently was because i practically never spaced or recognized my opponents opptions. Planning to fix that habit.

Also, can you give me tips on Yoshi and Falco?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@Ometa

GGs everyone^^

PM b kewl yo.

I can go for a few Brawl matches, if you want.
Nah, have your fun buddy. :)

@ Courage... ah... just remember one thing, "fast moves" always be quick and never be slow, always think quick! Who cares If Falco hits you in the air or Lasers you, the important thing is to not get grabbed and get that annoying ass Chain Grab. Just experiment man, learn from your mistakes and fix them by (experimenting) ignore it or not, It's the truth~

Edit: So does anyone want to brawl me or not?

Last edited:

Scraket

Smash Ace
Nah, have your fun buddy. :)

@ Courage... ah... just remember one thing, "fast moves" always be quick and never be slow, always think quick! Who cares If Falco hits you in the air or Lasers you, the important thing is to not get grabbed and get that annoying *** Chain Grab. Just experiment man, learn from your mistakes and fix them by (experimenting) ignore it or not, It's the truth~

Edit: So does anyone want to brawl me or not?
I'll brawl :)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'll brawl :)
Good games Scar! I like your Lucas. :) Needs more mind game tricks and so on. If you need some videos, I can link some nice Lucas combos and tricks. You got the main foundation for Lucas, now you need some jab cancel tricks and always remember to Nair, the problem Is I'm different, you need to slow me down in=order to actually get in. The best way to win, Is to read how movements with Ike, and always watch out for my random Forward Smashes, I get everyone, you're no different. Good games! I hope to see you improve and start to become the next Hyur!

Edit: I don't know If you're typing, or really salty... I guess and type you're both at the moment. I experiment with my characters, and so when I feel really comfortable with my character, and I know I can recover If I do this move offstage and so on. It had some quite of lag, and that slowed me quit a bit, but I still keep moving and reading all your attacks and habits. You have learn to think fast and always knowing when the next attack or tricks gimmik is coming up next. Good luck with your Lucas man~

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Hmm, are we done? Nooo, I think that was somewhat the best I've played in a while. I guess all good things must come to an end. Unless someone else wants to join for brawl dubs. #nolife Nah, not really, I'm pretty tired. Thank you for playing with us at the start, street, hope to see you stick around and fight you again!
And scrak, sorry that I couldn't give you more healing support. I was kind of unsure when you would put up magnet. If you're near them both and i'm at the other side of the stage, that is absolutwly one of the most best fantastic options for racking dmg and healing you!!!!!!!!1. Hold that magnet or watch how and when I release the fire and position yourself accordinglyly. I really can't stress it enough, and it was happeni ga lot with those two fleeting around trying to get at you first. In future, usethat eagerness to your advantage! I was trying to hit it in front of you to kind of make a wall for you so that even if its shielded it still slides them back a bit and is kind of a benefit. If they spotdodge and /or try to jab/w/e like I saw zach do, jst put magnet out again because there'll already be another casted again to possibly catch endlag/flinch or something. Juzt remember, if you're faced off by two people and I'm too far away, I can't go bulldozer my way through them. Youhave to bulldoze as best you can, which means stocktanking if possible. I saw you putting up magnet when you were behind me but that didn't work out well since it's a slow projectile to start and end even in short bursts. It's better to do that with zss. :D Taking in a full charge dins is like.... 20-30% healed as opposed to a small 8%... I don't know which is more efficient, let me go check it out actually. I guess short bursts are quicker to happen. But I really hope we could partner up again soon, and hopefully get the knack of the healing thing together!
... I just feel really strongly about hp recovery, hopefully you got something out of reading through this. :p Maybe soon we can try it in another match! Thank you for teaming with me! :D
Courage/Zach, you guys made such a good team. o.o What was that, telekinesis? You both just seemed in such mutal understanding and cooperated so well. You've got a great looking Yosh too, courage. :p

Ggs everyone, I had a lot of fun!

Top Bottom