• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

D

Deleted member

Does anybody want to play P:M? (If not, i'll also be up for some Brawl :p)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Silvy. c: Your Sheik is getting better. The dodging habit is something you still need to work on, though. If you're feeling pressured, just don't give in to the whim of dodging. Use your shield and grabs more. You also don't have to always charge needles on the ground, since it leaves you open to the enemy's means of camping. That's why I used my jumps to stay clear of the path of your needles while I was charging. I can easily cancel the charge in the air and use an aerial to discourage any offense. F-tilt lock doesn't really work on most characters before 30%, give or take. Try to only use f-tilt once then follow it up with a d-smash or grab at such low percents.

Wasn't expecting to play for so long, but that was good fun.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good Games Scraket, I haven't used lucas in a long time but I tried to show you some other things you can do.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Good games Silvy. c: Your Sheik is getting better. The dodging habit is something you still need to work on, though. If you're feeling pressured, just don't give in to the whim of dodging. Use your shield and grabs more. You also don't have to always charge needles on the ground, since it leaves you open to the enemy's means of camping. That's why I used my jumps to stay clear of the path of your needles while I was charging. I can easily cancel the charge in the air and use an aerial to discourage any offense. F-tilt lock doesn't really work on most characters before 30%, give or take. Try to only use f-tilt once then follow it up with a d-smash or grab at such low percents.

Wasn't expecting to play for so long, but that was good fun.
Booh. To be honest, I really don't like playing Sheik. Whenever I do I just want to downb really bad. >> She's kinda like Peach but peach is just better and more fun to play as. Maybe I should just play OoT again/watch combo vids or whatever, but. Yeah. He's tacked onto zelda so I tried my best with learning crap, unfortunately all you'll get out of me is moar ftilt locks and the occassional dacus attempt when I play her. :p ..... no offense sheik fans.
I'll still heed your advice and try what you're saying, not sure about the dodging though? Do I do it more with him than my others? Hmm. I'll work it.
GGs, thank you! ^^

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs Hyp3r! Yea I know about thundersliding but I dont feel confident enough to use it :/
I think you should try to practice it anyway, its more safe than you think and good shield pressure/damage if you do it off a platform. I used to abuse it a lot but obviously I can't do it anymore.

Anyone else 1v1 brawl?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
the occassional dacus attempt
Don't ever go for this unless you have a control scheme that differs from that of default and facilitates/is meant primarily for making DACUS easier. I promise you it'll never work with Sheik (unless you BDACUS), so don't waste the effort.

not sure about the dodging though? Do I do it more with him than my others?
I meant your dodging in general, but yeah, I'd say so. It seemed like you felt really pressured when it came to close quarters, and you threw out a lot of dash attacks. You could play more patiently, especially in the ditto. But I won't bother you with any more Sheik advice.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Sorry to let you down but I dont think I can play anymore with my internet this unstable. Maybe we'll try again later or tomorrow.
GOOD GAMES! I think the only problem with your Kirby is that he isn't blue. Try blue instead of red one time, and see if you do better.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Don't ever go for this unless you have a control scheme that differs from that of default and facilitates/is meant primarily for making DACUS easier. I promise you it'll never work with Sheik (unless you BDACUS), so don't waste the effort.

I meant your dodging in general, but yeah, I'd say so. It seemed like you felt really pressured when it came to close quarters, and you threw out a lot of dash attacks. You could play more patiently, especially in the ditto. But I won't bother you with any more Sheik advice.
Yeah, I have a different setup. ^^ No worries on that.
But really. Don't mind me, I'm going to wake up tomorrow and still play her. I'm only whining because I don't play her well and can't win. I don't mind you advising me at all, I'm sorry if I came across as a snark. >.<
Okay. When we play again I'll hopefully have a better Sheik for you! Instead of being a sore loser I will try to improve her. :D

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'm good to go with anyone who wants to play brawl.
Hello there Mr.Roy,

I apologize for not responding to your reply towards me trying to find someone to brawl with. You always catch me at the wrong time. Ha ha! If you'd like or If you're still on, I can Brawl you in an hour or so. I'm upset that I never got your alert from last time. Either way, I was sleeping. ;P

I look forward to brawling you and, let's make them worth remembering! Good day~

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Are you guys on brawl? I've never done a team match before.

Edit: Wait, I did some team matches back when ssb 64 came out... That's about it.
You're still welcome! You'll get the jist of it soon enough even if you're unfamilar with. Just be a certain coloured costume and attack the otherv team without hitting your teammate. :D
Let me add you - xad, you be green with moi, gabe be blue with me. :D I'll host ~

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
You're still welcome! You'll get the jist of it soon enough even if you're unfamilar with. Just be a certain coloured costume and attack the otherv team without hitting your teammate. :D
Let me add you - xad, you be green with moi, gabe be blue with me. :D I'll host ~
Okay, but hold on a second. I won't be long!

Top Bottom