• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Good games DAS! Although I didn't really achieve much...thank you! O yeah turning tap jump back on because im so used to that and I miss upb oos and reverse hyphen upsmahs.
Falcon's platform game is overpowered. Too bad I couldn't Dash<jump<uair at all because I lost basically my favorite things about falcon.(strings, frame traps, and followups to platforms for days) I blame wiimote+nunchuck but I am learning and training though!
Your peach is too much for me. You know someone mains peach or at least is pretty good with her when beam sword is spawned...that almost never happens lol. Your ZSS is amazing as usual just wished I had access to jump cancelled toss. The spacies however I did not really try against due to the fact that the only falcon has against them isn't a thing that I can do with this controller. I still may have tried against falco a little but fox not at all. (I actually dont know the fox mu at all...lol). I hate losing to your marth because I feel like its just soooooooo bad...
You're welcome.

My tap jump is on too since I'm just so use to basic controllers lol. Thanks for the compliment on my Peach and ZSS, and Marth is my main as well as Peach. My Marth isn't so good at fighting Falcon, and I'm not surprised that he didn't do that well. I'm not as bad as I use to be with the Marth vs Falcon matchup.

Space Animals can be pretty annoying for Falcon since they got a projectile and are good at racking up his damage.

You know your character really well.

PZ

Smash Lord
GGs PZ great Falcon once again I thought I was done in the last match. I see that you tried more shield grabbing this time around than last time, but it might of been because of connection issues the other time though. Also sorry about any lag that was experienced.

I used more projectile characters like you told me last time. I didn't think Captain Falcon could SDI down into the ground from Peach's Dair at mid and upper percentages. Also did some pretty neat mindgames at times.

Surprised me right there. I love the dedication to the character man.
The shield grabbing has started since like about a week ago when I got some assistance from people I played online.( don't remember name but thanks whoever you were and player-0) The connection issues arent that bad from other time or this time. The lag where the game drops in frames severly is normal though( I jab until it returns to normal or previous match speed). That usually happens once a player I play regardless of how far or close they are.
O yea the SDI down isn't character specific at all I am just good at any DI related thing that comes to mind. I gotta be honest sdi down really doesnt do much but I feel like it forces the other person into nair or bair and the combo ends there. Thanks for using projectile characters!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
The shield grabbing has started since like about a week ago when I got some assistance from people I played online.( don't remember name but thanks whoever you were and player-0) The connection issues arent that bad from other time or this time. The lag where the game drops in frames severly is normal though( I jab until it returns to normal or previous match speed). That usually happens once a player I play regardless of how far or close they are.
O yea the SDI down isn't character specific at all I am just good at any DI related thing that comes to mind. I gotta be honest sdi down really doesnt do much but I feel like it forces the other person into nair or bair and the combo ends there. Thanks for using projectile characters!
Oh I see, but good on the shield grabbing though and SDI. Also you're welcome lol I didn't forget your request.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, Dan mah man. Peach needs more down air and grabs. Also, try to learn glide tossing, that would really really help you out and make stringing attacks with turnips a lot easier. You've stopped rolling as much as you used to, that's good. But how you go on the offensive is somewhat reckless. You're getting better, though, definitely.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
This Project M launcher is a piece of crap. Why on earth would I want my wi-fi safe codeset replaced with the full version?
Ugh. I have to replace the files now. This is dumb.

D

Deleted member

Good games, Dan mah man. Peach needs more down air and grabs. Also, try to learn glide tossing, that would really really help you out and make stringing attacks with turnips a lot easier. You've stopped rolling as much as you used to, that's good. But how you go on the offensive is somewhat reckless. You're getting better, though, definitely.
Good games Zatch :) Lord Jeezus, how can you play as C. Falcon and be THAT good?! :0 I couldnt escape the combos ._. and I have not learned glide tossing yet but I will start practicing right away and I will also work on both my offense and defense :p Keep up the C. Falcon ;)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks Dan, haha. Falcon can be a combo machine if he gets some momentum going. Just takes some predicting and knowledge of your opponent's options.

I'll give it a go, Maddie. Not sure how our connection was the last time we played.

Aaaaand nevermind. You're all ****ing ninjas or something I swear.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'll host.

Haven't heard that one in forever.
GGs as always, Zatchiel. c:
One thing I can never do in this game is punish well. I think it's why my skill has pretty much reached its cap in this game.

Also, you picked Pit just to show me up, don't deny it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, Maddie. Don't know if I'll be able to get past the connection vs. reaction time thing, but I'm glad I could at least put up a fight with basic observation strategies. You Pit is pretty keen. Use more b-reversed arrows if you're wanting to shoot at the enemy while they're behind you. The turning animation for it just gives your opponent more time to react. Of course, that only really matters if you're trying to shoot the arrow immediately. Use more n-air and jabs as Ike, and shield dashing a good optional approach, as it can give you a free jab, grab, or OoS n-air/f-air. Use Quickdraw more sparingly. It's good for moving around the stage in some cases, but it's ridiculously punishable if it hits a shield.

I don't know what advice to give to your Marth, it seemed pretty outstanding in its own respect.

I thought I had reached my cap last year in January. Nowadays, I feel like there's a lot more I can do to improve. And nah, I'm not the type to do that. I picked Pit because he's fun to play, personally. I like looping arrows and baiting with him.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Good games, Maddie. Don't know if I'll be able to get past the connection vs. reaction time thing, but I'm glad I could at least put up a fight with basic observation strategies. You Pit is pretty keen. Use more b-reversed arrows if you're wanting to shoot at the enemy while they're behind you. The turning animation for it just gives your opponent more time to react. Of course, that only really matters if you're trying to shoot the arrow immediately. Use more n-air and jabs as Ike, and shield dashing a good optional approach, as it can give you a free jab, grab, or OoS n-air/f-air. Use Quickdraw more sparingly. It's good for moving around the stage in some cases, but it's ridiculously punishable if it hits a shield.

I don't know what advice to give to your Marth, it seemed pretty outstanding in its own respect.

I thought I had reached my cap last year in January. Nowadays, I feel like there's a lot more I can do to improve. And nah, I'm not the type to do that. I picked Pit because he's fun to play, personally. I like looping arrows and baiting with him.
"Put up a fight"? Not even an issue for you. xD
As for the advice, all makes sense, except I'm not sure how I can be jabbing more as Ike... I was doing a lot of jabbing, but I guess I'll take your word for it.
Also, I'm a little hazy on how to b-reverse arrows. Which comes first, button or direction?

I've been at this cap for the better part of 1 to 2 years though man. I just can't read people.

Player -0

Smash Hero
GGs as always, Zatchiel. c:
One thing I can never do in this game is punish well. I think it's why my skill has pretty much reached its cap in this game.

Also, you picked Pit just to show me up, don't deny it.
I'll play you later and try and help :D. When? Good question.
________
"Put up a fight"? Not even an issue for you. xD
As for the advice, all makes sense, except I'm not sure how I can be jabbing more as Ike... I was doing a lot of jabbing, but I guess I'll take your word for it.
Also, I'm a little hazy on how to b-reverse arrows. Which comes first, button or direction?

I've been at this cap for the better part of 1 to 2 years though man. I just can't read people.
Direction then Button for what he's suggesting. I don't actually think it's called a B-reverse if you direction then button. I think it's B-Reverse when you direction + button at the same time.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Meh... it's not reliable terminology to begin with. I use B-reversal to mean direction then button, but I didn't really specify that, as it seems I should've. The word missing here is "wavebounce." Wavebouncing is button then direction at roughly the same time, definitively speaking, from what I've read.

Maddie, from my experience, in order to read people better, just focus on their options more than focusing on your own. It helps with prediction a LOT and makes playing a lot easier. When it comes to reading, it has less to do with you, and more to do with whom you're playing against. Also, reaction time. Every little split second matters, ESPECIALLY online. Is reading people all you feel you have trouble with?

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I'll play you later and try and help :D. When? Good question.
________

Direction then Button for what he's suggesting. I don't actually think it's called a B-reverse if you direction then button. I think it's B-Reverse when you direction + button at the same time.
I forget, what's keeping you from playing? :o
And thanks, by the way. c: Both for the explanation and offering to help me improve.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain that Wavebounce is, direction, button and then while you hit the button you jam the control stick opposite of the direction you just faced to turn your B move.

That's where it gets the bounce name from.
School, I might be able to tommorrow and will (definitely?) be able to Saturday.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Which is what I'm trying to define. The point is to differentiate B-reversal from wavebouncing. Wavebouncing reverses your aerial momentum as well, while B-reversing does not, ideally. I'm not interested in getting finicky. I've defined a clear distinction between the two, which is all that really needed to be done.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Which is what I'm trying to define. The point is to differentiate B-reversal from wavebouncing. Wavebouncing reverses your aerial momentum as well, while B-reversing does not, ideally.
I think people call the one where you turn and use the b move without reversing momentum "Turn Around (direction) B".

Where you reverse momentum and end up looking the opposite direction is B-Reverse

Where you end up looking the same direction and reverse momentum is wavebouncing.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ninjas everywhere. My apologies, P-0. I'm not too savvy when it comes to Smash slang, but I figured I'd at least clarify as to what I meant.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Alright I got you added I'll host :)

Madolche I don't mean to rush but did you add me yet? I can only stay on for about another 40 mins. =P

Edit: never mind just saw you! XD

Top Bottom