• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll be right back, Zed, I have a chore my sister keeps nagging me about. Gimme five.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Mr. Zed. You have a decent Marth, just try not to be so aggressive, and don't approach so recklessly. Less smashes, more tilts/jab/aerials. And I'm really advising against using Marth's down air in most situations to keep an enemy from juggling/chasing you in the air. It has really bad cooldown and the landling lag from it is nothing to fool around with. It can easily be punished, even if you hit your enemy, sometimes. Use it more cautiously. Also, don't roll so much. If a half-witted player picks up on that habit, you're possibly doomed for the game. I liked that you were in the air most of the time, but use more grabs and tilts once you land. All I saw you do when you landed was either shield, fsmash, or continue going for an aerial approach.

You're a good player, I hope you stick around and practice with us s'more.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Late, but, fantastic games you guys! I had a great time after I got over those.. 'suicide leaps' during the first few. The connection seemed kinda sucky though, at least we got a while out of it. Would love to organise the same group of you up again soon preferably after I do some samus mu practice !
Thank you for our partnership Dan! Sorry about those usmashes. xD And that ledgedrop kick -> kirby hammer that one time.... That was teamwork! I'll remember that moment forever. :p We should literally go into tourney and ledgeguard all day with that combo! You're pretty good with Peach too, keep her up. :D

Edit: and anyone want to brawl?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Late, but, fantastic games you guys! I had a great time after I got over those.. 'suicide leaps' during the first few. The connection seemed kinda sucky though, at least we got a while out of it. Would love to organise the same group of you up again soon preferably after I do some samus mu practice !
Thank you for our partnership Dan! Sorry about those usmashes. xD And that ledgedrop kick -> kirby hammer that one time.... That was teamwork! I'll remember that moment forever. :p We should literally go into tourney and ledgeguard all day with that combo! You're pretty good with Peach too, keep her up. :D

Edit: and anyone want to brawl?
We can have our matches I suppose. Can you give me 5 minutes?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can give you some Samus MU practice, Silvy. She's fun to play.

Edit: Whenever else, I suppose. Ha.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
We can have our matches I suppose. Can you give me 5 minutes?
Certainly! I'll add you in a second.

I can give you some Samus MU practice, Silvy. She's fun to play.

Edit: Whenever else, I suppose. Ha.
If you're still here and not busy when we're done I can take you up on that. :D Those projectiles screw me over more than they should.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Silverling. You are pretty good with your characters. I liked your Zelda and Toonlink the most. You put up a great fight. Crazy thunder Kicks with Zelda, I didn't know you can use it to space. lol

Thanks for evening out the stocks when I self destructed. I know it's a nice thing but I encourage you to not do it. It kind of ruins the rest of the match for me. If your opponent makes a mistake, you should take advantage of it and stay in the lead. That's why I didn't Self destruct when you did. I know, I'm a jerk. lol

silverlining

Smash Rookie
GG's Silverling. You are pretty good with your characters. I liked your Zelda and Toonlink the most. You put up a great fight. Crazy thunder Kicks with Zelda, I didn't know you can use it to space. lol

Thanks for evening out the stocks when I self destructed. I know it's a nice thing but I encourage you to not do it. It kind of ruins the rest of the match for me. If your opponent makes a mistake, you should take advantage of it and stay in the lead. That's why I didn't Self destruct when you did. I know, I'm a jerk. lol
It's cool, some people like it and some don't. :p I personally like doing it to even out the match again lol, and seeing who gets the advantage. Especially at the last stock!
And thank you! You had a bunch of good characters too! You were so good with herding me to the ledge also, I found myself racking up so much damage from being there! Sorry about my 'bleh'-ness at the end. Not sure if you noticed those 20 something sds I did, but omg. I got so angry at myself lol. So I switch to a character with multiple jumps.... and still miss the recovery. xD Classic.
Hope we can fight again soon, hopefully then I won't be so suicidal!

Zach, you around still? :D

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sorry Silvy, I was on Netflix. I'm still here. Give me about fifteen minutes or so and I'll be free to play.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play you, Ometa.

Good games, Silvy. My disc stopped reading at the character selection screen for whatever reason. x_x No clue why it does that exactly. Our connection is messy, haha.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
I'll play you, Ometa.

Good games, Silvy. My disc stopped reading at the character selection screen for whatever reason. x_x No clue why it does that exactly. Our connection is messy, haha.
Oh well, thank you for the matches! I'm getting this dreadful habit of self destructing myself for some reason. Let's see if I can reproduce it offline. >> Your CF has hax combos.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh well, thank you for the matches!
Your Sheik is getting better, but try using more jabs, ftilt, fair, and nair. I'm glad to see you using some pivot grabs, too. c: Try to avoid ground dodging unless you really have to. Canceling needles in the air doesn't make you airdodge, and canceling it on the ground doesn't make you shield. You could be priming them and trick your opponent into thinking you're open, then go on the offensive when they get up close taking them by surprise. You could even cancel it into a grab. Also, I'd advise learning how to use Sheik's DACUS/BDACUS, since it can really help when it comes to killing (and it looks cool as ****, even if you miss). You can hit some characters out of a grab release with Sheik's DACUS, like Meta Knight, for example. Anyhow, it was fun playing you again. I hope the connection is better next time around.

>> Your CF has hax combos.

I know. <3

Oy, ye steel thar matey?~:pimp:
Already online, mate. Requesting signs of life.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ometa is kill, it seems. I'll play ya, Dan. =D

D

Deleted member

Ometa is kill, it seems. I'll play ya, Dan. =D
Ok, see you online :p
Edit: Hey Zatch, at 4 i have to leave for 5 minutes to pick up my brother from his school bus

Last edited by a moderator:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs man. Apparently I do have work todau -___- Those matches were back-and-forth, I'd win then you'd win. XD Those Marth mirror matches were hilarious.
Yeah, GGs.
Wi-fi was preventing me from punishing your spot dodge -> smash habits so I just settled for trying to be super aggressive. xD
Good luck at work today!

Edit: Anyone else up for some matches? Brawl or PM. Either one.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I will play. You or I host?
GGs PZ great Falcon once again I thought I was done in the last match. I see that you tried more shield grabbing this time around than last time, but it might of been because of connection issues the other time though. Also sorry about any lag that was experienced.

I used more projectile characters like you told me last time. I didn't think Captain Falcon could SDI down into the ground from Peach's Dair at mid and upper percentages. Also did some pretty neat mindgames at times.

Surprised me right there. I love the dedication to the character man.

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games DAS! Although I didn't really achieve much...thank you! O yeah turning tap jump back on because im so used to that and I miss upb oos and reverse hyphen upsmahs.
Falcon's platform game is overpowered. Too bad I couldn't Dash<jump<uair at all because I lost basically my favorite things about falcon.(strings, frame traps, and followups to platforms for days) I blame wiimote+nunchuck but I am learning and training though!
Your peach is too much for me. You know someone mains peach or at least is pretty good with her when beam sword is spawned...that almost never happens lol. Your ZSS is amazing as usual just wished I had access to jump cancelled toss. The spacies however I did not really try against due to the fact that the only falcon has against them isn't a thing that I can do with this controller. I still may have tried against falco a little but fox not at all. (I actually dont know the fox mu at all...lol). I hate losing to your marth because I feel like its just soooooooo bad...

Top Bottom