• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I need a new GC controller... Mine isn't holding up well after 12 years of use xD

Perhaps I'll buy an official white controller from smashboards Amazon?

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
I need a new GC controller... Mine isn't holding up well after 12 years if use xD

Is it still functioning well enough to brawl me right now perhaps?! >;D

And I guess you could do that.. Bear in mind however that the new SSB game is proximate, and that you'll eventually have to attune yourself to (an)other controller(s) instead of just the ol' faithful GC controller ;p
I myself use the WCCp controller, which is very similar to a GC and it's got an additional shoulder button which is so convenient to have ;o (I use it as secondary jump button for special move canceling combos and rising aerials; ought to be useful for a :wolf:!)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In case L&B declines my audacious Brawl-invitation; anyone else for a bit of Brawl?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I need a new GC controller... Mine isn't holding up well after 12 years if use xD

If there's a Vintage Stock near you, you should check there first, it will be much cheaper and their controllers will usually be in pretty good condition because they typically won't buy stuff that doesn't work.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
CJ what happened?

Edit: Well I guess something came up, so GGs CJ it sucks that there was more lag than usual.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
P:M anyone? Singles or doubles? With all of dis controller talk I must confess I use a MadCatz :p No padding on the stick all day!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Is it still functioning well enough to brawl me right now perhaps?! >;D

And I guess you could do that.. Bear in mind however that the new SSB game is proximate, and that you'll eventually have to attune yourself to (an)other controller(s) instead of just the ol' faithful GC controller ;p
I myself use the WCCp controller, which is very similar to a GC and it's got an additional shoulder button which is so convenient to have ;o (I use it as secondary jump button for special move canceling combos and rising aerials; ought to be useful for a :wolf:!)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In case L&B declines my audacious Brawl-invitation; anyone else for a bit of Brawl?
Hmm, I'll look into that. My controller has no padding on the joystick, which is murder on my thumb, and the L/R and X/Y buttons have wonky sensitivity.

Also, I do have the Wii U Pro Controller, so once I get Smash 4 I'll be breaking that bad boy in and getting used to it 4dayz~

And I cannot brawl sadly, the TV es ocupado z_z

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Sry, Saimunn and Gohan. Gtg early

@Saimunn the lag on FD went away when only 2 characters were left on the map :/. And Smashvile wasnt that bad at all

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs Sabre. I've only gotten to face your Pit once b4, it has improved a lot. Those arrows are difficult to deal with on wifi. :dizzy:. Your MK wasnt bad either, I really need more work on that matchup. Being a G&W secondary myself, I could see some areas you would need to improve with him. Utulize his B-air more, and there were a couple of times where you could've killed me with F-smash or U-smash but I was surprised you didn't go for it. But yeah! That G&W is a hard matchup for the Kirbster. Lag wasn't too bad (unless we count those confusing moments in the 3 for all). We should keep doing this man.

Sry, Saimunn and Gohan. Gtg early

@Saimunn the lag on FD went away when only 2 characters were left on the map :/. And Smashvile wasnt that bad at all
Yeah I was confused, I thought we were going to 3 for all and then everyone kept SDing. Sabre said it was too laggy but then we still continued and I was like WTF?!. Then when there was no lag, you guys kept SDing... and then me and Sabre had an epic Falcon vs Sonic last stock match. xD.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs Sabre. I've only gotten to face your Pit once b4, it has improved a lot. Those arrows are difficult to deal with on wifi. :dizzy:. Your MK wasnt bad either, I really need more work on that matchup. Being a G&W secondary myself, I could see some areas you would need to improve with him. Utulize his B-air more, and there were a couple of times where you could've killed me with F-smash or U-smash but I was surprised you didn't go for it. But yeah! That G&W is a hard matchup for the Kirbster. Lag wasn't too bad (unless we count those confusing moments in the 3 for all). We should keep doing this man.

Yeah I was confused, I thought we were going to 3 for all and then everyone kept SDing. Sabre said it was too laggy but then we still continued and I was like WTF?!. Then when there was no lag, you guys kept SDing... and then me and Sabre had an epic Falcon vs Sonic last stock match. xD.
Uhh yea the procedure I usually follow is the newcomer SDs and lets the other 2 1v1. The rotation ensues if match or so

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs Sabre.
GGs indeed! We had quite a stable connection (UNTIL COURAGE YOSHI-BOMBED THE PLACE xd), and very little contingency lag.

I've only gotten to face your Pit once b4, it has improved a lot. Those arrows are difficult to deal with on wifi. :dizzy:.
Why thank you! I am actually going back to my roots and pick up :pit: again. Kind of decided to do so due to the currently available roster of SSBU (which is still to be augmented, I know), and because he's just so awesome ;3

Tell me about the arrows lol.. Unfortunately it's such a substantial facet of :pit:'s gameplay, and hence I'm virtually obliged to spam them as much as I can ;/
My accuracy is improving because of it though, so that's a very comfortable side-effect :D

Your MK wasnt bad either, I really need more work on that matchup.
Thanks! When you went :gw: against my :pit: (which is like the worst MU after :metaknight: - the Tier List confirms this promptly ;p), I was like; FFFFFF-.. and went :metaknight: out of sheer hatred lols. As for the MU: f-tilt nullifies numerous options of the already scarce options you'd have, so try to circumvent it somehow (at times it can be unassailable, but that's just :metaknight: being :metaknight:).

Being a G&W secondary myself, I could see some areas you would need to improve with him. Utulize his B-air more, and there were a couple of times where you could've killed me with F-smash or U-smash but I was surprised you didn't go for it. But yeah! That G&W is a hard matchup for the Kirbster. Lag wasn't too bad (unless we count those confusing moments in the 3 for all). We should keep doing this man.
Erhhm yeaaah.. I kind of went :gw: in retaliation because I got so fed-up with the grotesquely disjointed hitboxes of the smash attacks, the everlasting hitstun of b-air and the obnoxious d-throw follow-ups lol. I'm not really familiar with his package of moves really; I just wall b-airs / n-airs and occasionally pick a smash to get the job done (WiFi thoroughly supports :gw: in this endeavour rofl). Oh and tech-chasing with d-throw is funzies ;o

Your :gw: is frankly better than mine though; you actually use the up-b strings, and are much more aware of the possibilities of his moveset. Nice job!
Also neat :kirby2:; god I hate getting grabbed at a low percentage against that spherical spawn of death and demise T.T

Actually, Gohan and I had a nigh on flawless connection until you arrived. I'm not saying this to personally assault you of course, so please don't infer it as such :p
Nonetheless, I would prefer to do some 1v1s with a decent connection without spectators, than do round-robin 1v1s with a spectator to jeopardise the stability of the connection ;s

I hope you understand dude!

Also, the lag did diminish slightly at Smashville, but not sufficiently in my opinion.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
@Saimunn Oh no i have no doubt the connection faltered as soon as I came. I just thought having rotation would circumvent the lag mostly. Alas, no offense taken, my fault for intruding.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
@Saimunn Oh no i have no doubt the connection faltered as soon as I came. I just thought having rotation would circumvent the lag mostly. Alas, no offense taken, my fault for intruding.
I knew you'd understand <3

Oh well, I'm not affirmative in that regard really, but since I was about to depart anyway, I figured that finishing the session of 1v1s against Gohan was preferential (estimating the potential lag risk etc. :p).

Btw, I want to brawl your :rob: with my :zerosuitsamus: asap! And not just because I generally like to brawl you, but also because of..

Reasons...

EDIT:
Not today though, because I'ma go to bed this instant! Nighty night ;3

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I knew you'd understand <3

Oh well, I'm not affirmative in that regard really, but since I was about to depart anyway, I figured that finishing the session of 1v1s against Gohan was preferential (estimating the potential lag risk etc. :p).

Btw, I want to brawl your :rob: with my :zerosuitsamus: asap! And not just because I generally like to brawl you, but also because of..

Reasons...

EDIT:
Not today though, because I'ma go to bed this instant! Nighty night ;3
Night

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
P:M anyone? Singles or doubles? With all of dis controller talk I must confess I use a MadCatz :p No padding on the stick all day!
Damn, how do you do it? It's like impossible for me to DD, and WD with anything other than a Nintendo brand Gamecube controller.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Damn, how do you do it? It's like impossible for me to DD, and WD with anything other than a Nintendo brand Gamecube controller.
Yeahh lol my A button is usually extremely loud so I got it permanently stuck but not completely stuck. Im not sure how I do it, I almost cant use a Nintendo controller anymore(since all of mine have sticky shoulders anyway). The pain means youre doing well. Moonwalks are difficult though. I gotta get a new controller before I start goin to major tournaments, or Ill look dumb lol.

On the other hand, P:M anyone?

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Wut

No padding on the joystick for brawl has given me cuts and blisters before

How in the world do you survive wave dashing o.O

Props to you, sir.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Wut

Props to you, sir.
Im puzzled myself. I would think more people would prefer no padding. But anyways the only thing that is a little difficult/different would be Moonwalks. Cuts from Brawl lol. Wavedashing is just like muscle memory now I do it a ton without "knowing" im doing it. Kinda weird. <---Melee rants my bad.

@deadjames Thats totally true N64 controllers are the extreme. I hate 'em.

Why I have 5 controllers with sticky L buttons? Wavedashing too much and L cancels.

Thats funny because I never use the R button when playing Melee or Brawl.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Wut

Props to you, sir.
Try playing Smash 64 with an actual N64 controller, that joystick is pretty brutal.

Edit: Also wavedashing is much more strenuous on your forearm than your thumb, whenever I go to Melee/P:M tourneys my index finger and forearm are always sore the next day from pressing the R button so vigorously, luckily with P:M it's not a major issue though because I play Bowser and he's not a character that you have to wavedash too much with.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
I'd recommend Lucas or Luigi, even though they're low tier I feel like they're both severely underrated based on their meta-games and MU spread they should be at least mid tier, but probably closer to upper mid tier.

I was considering Lucas, but honestly when it come to the PK kids I prefer Ness. I used to dabble with Ness a little, maybe I'll learn some ATs and break him in a bit. Luigi I know is pretty good, he has a lot of great kill moves and a solid recovery too, however something about his movement just makes it so hard for me to handle him.

On another note, would anyone like to brawl?

Ace, if no one wants to brawl me by then, I'll probably still be here, so bring on Round 2 =P

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I was considering Lucas, but honestly when it come to the PK kids I prefer Ness. I used to dabble with Ness a little, maybe I'll learn some ATs and break him in a bit. Luigi I know is pretty good, he has a lot of great kill moves and a solid recovery too, however something about his movement just makes it so hard for me to handle him.

Ace, if no one wants to brawl me by then, I'll probably still be here, so bring on Round 2 =P
I personally think you could have a boss Luigi if you worked on him, I feel like he'd be a great fit for you if you mastered his odd movement

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

Yeah Luigi is tough to master, you kind of have to use his lack of traction to your advantage, once you get used to it you can do all kinds of crazy stuff like sliding jabs/jab cancels, sliding smashes, and sliding pivot grabs, you should check out Yoshq and Luigisama's AT video on the Brawl Character Discussion, and it's true Ness probably is better than Lucas, but Ness isn't low tier and Lucas is, so that's why I didn't recommend him.

Edit: @L&B: Boss is the only one who has a boss Luigi lol.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I thought Lucas was higher than Ness? And LB, what makes you think is be a good Luigi?
After seeing you play a lot, I feel like he'd fit your style pretty well if you got used to his movement. His aerials are quick and don't have much ending lag. And jab cancel-up B is such a good surprise kill move haha

Almost like Wolf killing with his forward B, except a lot easier to land :p

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I thought Lucas was higher than Ness? And LB, what makes you think is be a good Luigi?
Nope Ness is four spots higher than Lucas, and they are in two different tiers, Ness in D, and Lucas is in E.

Edit: @L&B: Jab>up b doesn't work on fast fallers and is only guaranteed on Olimar, it's definitely much harder to land than Wolf's side b and it's much more punishable too.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
After seeing you play a lot, I feel like he'd fit your style pretty well if you got used to his movement. His aerials are quick and don't have much ending lag. And jab cancel-up B is such a good surprise kill move haha

Almost like Wolf killing with his forward B, except a lot easier to land :p
I love that you know how I play

@Bros, I'm hosting if you wanna join

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Personally, I think Lucas is better than Ness. Watch any match/combo video by FAE or Hyutter... you'll be impressed.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Personally, I think Lucas is better than Ness. Watch any match/combo video by FAE or Hyutter... you'll be impressed.
I've seen FAE, also Mekos and Pink Fresh. Didn't impress me the way watching FOW or Shaky play as Ness tho

Also it seems Ace is brawling someone else. Soooo I'm available

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
How so? Ness' neutral game completely outclasses Lucas', not to mention Ness actually has a semi decent approach with his down angled PK fire, fair and dash attack, his aerial game in general is better and even though he doesn't have as long of a grab range as Lucas his grab is much less punishable and his bthrow kills a lot earlier than Lucas' dthrow, also Ness PK Thunder is better and PK Flash > PK Freeze. I definitely think Lucas is more fun to play, but Ness is objectively a much better character.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Nope Ness is four spots higher than Lucas, and they are in two different tiers, Ness in D, and Lucas is in E.

Edit: @L&B: Jab>up b doesn't work on fast fallers and is only guaranteed on Olimar, it's definitely much harder to land than Wolf's side b and it's much more punishable too.
I don't play Luigi often, but I've landed it for kills pretty consistently on decent players from jabbing out of shield. If people are unfamiliar with the MU, they will be caught off gaurd by it as well

Whereas Wolf's side-B is pretty telegraphed and can usually only be landed as a hard read, for me at least. Big reason why Battlefield is one of my favorite stages, I can snipe people through the platforms with it haha

Top Bottom