• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

D

Deleted member

LOOOOOL

so true

i won one of the smashtastrophes (and then got a $194871651 speeding ticket on the way home)
i think the worst for money is the jersey garden state parkway, where you have a toll every 1-2 miles (awful) and there's more cops than regular cars. it's very obviously a money laundering scheme more than a legitimate byway for travel. and then you can't pull off an exit to get change because the banks aren't authorized to distribute it because i guess they used to and ran out of quarters. THE TOLLS RAN THE BANKS OUT OF QUARTERS. ALL OF THEM.

if you pretend to throw in money and honk, you don't get a ticket. definitely saved us like $20.

GOTM

Smash Champion
if you pretend to throw in money and honk, you don't get a ticket. definitely saved us like $20.
this actually does work. i did it for like 4 straight years of my life. no ticket, saved me about $10 a week for 4 years, lol. ridiculous.

also, yeah scar you def. got a speeding ticket on the way there, i remember it was light out still and you were going like 100 mph in a 65 zone, lol. ****ing IDIOT.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL. Exact coins wtf.

And that's a useful piece of info. Too bad I don't have a car.

M@v

Subarashii!
^agreed :)

There's only two places in jersey I don't mind:

1.New Brunswick(APEX area)
2.Atlantic City(ONLY in the strip area though).

Everything else...its Jersey.

GOTM

Smash Champion
living in PA has definitely shined some light on how much NJ blows. however, one thing i can still confidently say is - i'd rather be right on the ocean at a bar at night in the summer time than in the middle of a state drinkin.

but then again so would half of PA, which is why they all come down, lol.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I admitted to sharing it when I posted it, which removed all credit on my end.

/discussion.

Anyway, back to the topic, it was an interesting read. **** the new jersey tolls! NJ even charges us $0.75 to leave their state. Like wtf.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I admitted to sharing it when I posted it, which removed all credit on my end.

/discussion.

Anyway, back to the topic, it was an interesting read. **** the new jersey tolls! NJ even charges us $0.75 to leave their state. Like wtf.
One time we had to pay 3 different tolls in the span of like 3 miles to leave NJ. Now i drive very cautiously through that toll death trap.

D

Deleted member

I remember once I was on a smash road trip and we left NJ over a one-lane bridge and it didn't have a toll. Good luck finding it though.

GOTM

Smash Champion
there's no toll crossing over 95 or at Washington's Crossing or any number of other places around where I grew up.
yeah one time i put "no tolls" into my gps to see how to get back to philly without em, took me through trenton area, lol.

not worth it, but awesome if you live there

D

Deleted member

it was mid-state i think? trenton sounds about right. it was a hella long time ago though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yeah one time i put "no tolls" into my gps to see how to get back to philly without em, took me through trenton area, lol.

not worth it, but awesome if you live there
for coming to CT I still think it's best to come up to Trenton area, 31 -> 287 over the tappan zee. No tolls, cuts the worst case traffic scenarios out on the turnpike and GWB.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo. Any chance you (Brawl) guys would want to come to the next Phoenix Saga? We've been getting ~40 entrants, looking like next one will be over 50 with out of state interest from multiple places.

Carroll and the Melee guys can vouch for the chill factor of MI tourneys. Should be hype. Hope some of you can make it!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
There's a snake player from my hometown at kutztown... i don't think he plays anymore though, you might be out of luck

iRJi

Smash Champion
Collision: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317775

I'm posting this ahead of time so people know how to plan for it. This venue is absolutely huge. We also have over 30 people for the first tournament with little advertising. If we can get some OOS people we can easily make this a great tournament for everyone!

Come out guys!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Exactly what part of "Pennsylvania" did you not understand when you read the thread title? Put your post in the calendar, not here.

:phone:

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Exactly what part of "Pennsylvania" did you not understand when you read the thread title? Put your post in the calendar, not here.

Chill bro, RJ is cool people with most of us here in PA. And since we don't have much of a tourney scene going on right now, it is only wise of him to let us know he's hosting one within a reasonable driving distance. I support his post, and now I'm bumping the thread so more people see it. Lolz.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Well, me and Palpi go to Kutztown, but we play Melee.

**** Brawl.
Play Melee with us. :awesome:
like.

i'm trying to get back into melee, so whenever you guys are free, post here. i'm not available all the time but occasionally i'd be up to drive out there, meet somewhere in between, or have you guys come here and stream.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
lol melee is EZ. just gotta shffl shine nairs on sheilds and punish rolls and have perfect spacing and tech skill.

brawl you gotta like... camp forever. even when your winning. now thats a lot of work.

AnseLm

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm just a lazy player then. And I can't stand the constant character grunting and controller clacking of melee. I'll play it casual, but I prefer the defensive wait and punish style of Brawl.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Melee's so much worrrrkkk. Do you come to the gaming club here?
I used to last year, but there was only one other person who had any interest in playing Melee, and he also preferred Brawl. I would bring a Melee setup every time I came, but no one wanted anything to do with it, and I wasn't about to play Brawl.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I guess I'm just a lazy player then. And I can't stand the constant character grunting and controller clacking of melee. I'll play it casual, but I prefer the defensive wait and punish style of Brawl.
Seconded. Melee was a lot more fun before became a cpm (ala Starcraft) contest with wavedashing. The greatly reduced lag on virtually everything makes brawl more responsive and better controlling, which is one of the reasons most players prefer it. Smashboards pretty much IS the melee community. Everyone else out there is Brawl.

Top Bottom