• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Anyone from pittsburgh or in the surrounding area wana brawl anytime soon? I have a very free schedule :). And I vote yes for Western Pa rankings, that would be sweet. It would be easy to make it on that list.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I think you guys should trash the current Melee rankings, lol. I hate seeing my name anywhere even close to a top 10 list with how long I've been out of the game. Melee is still active, and I know Philly still plays. There's a new group of guys and people like Cactuar and Velocity have been getting back into it strong.

You guys should definitely make a top 5 at least and refresh that son of a ***** up a little bit, maybe it will generate hype. I'd probably try and play a little more to get my name back up there again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol just read the latest posts

all this cause someone is tight cause I went there and won doubles last year

^callout

SUMMON DRAMA

:phone:

we are free A, the free-est of the A's

M@v

Subarashii!
lol just read the latest posts

all this cause someone is tight cause I went there and won doubles last year

^callout

SUMMON DRAMA

:phone:

we are free A, the free-est of the A's
Lol. You and me would of won doubles two years back as well If I didn't have to work the first part of the day. Then again we never would of saw that Camero driving down the street on fire if we left earlier.

P.S. Its looking very likely I'm making SKTAR now. Yay.

namlolman

Smash Rookie
Pretty new here, and to Melee in general. I'm at UPenn (40th and Walnut) if anybody ever wants to play. PM me or text 267-539-6475!

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey, if we do decide to do rankings again, we should definitely do the panel meetings with skype rather than aim. It has infinitely better group chat especially if you do a group voice chat.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
if we do a rankings well have to discuss whos on the panel and not and also establish when the season started and is ending.

im down for apex not counting since we all sucked it up and dont have any notable wins from there.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm down for APEX counting well because I did have 2 decent wins from there. Also having the largest tourney in smash history not count towards a rankings is kinda lame imo.

Also if we count it some Penn state guys will make the 3 tourney requirement, such as berserker(APEX, RAGE, and hope5) and Umbra(APEX, Smashtastrophe 4, Hope 5)

Wherever we start it, we should end it with either hope5(august 4), or FC(if anyone from pa even plans to go).

M@v

Subarashii!
My two best tourney wins from APEX are Ripple and Bpow. Had some decent mm wins too, but we don't count them anymore.

If brawl wins counted for melee, I beat leffen in my r1 pool :troll:

real talk though he was scary as hell to watch in melee

@ Vex, I think Z is the best win there imo.

@KT, my first guess for a panel would be You, Me, Xzax, Vex(If he wants to do it, or another penn state/Pittsburgh player), and chibo as the OoS guy; he still knows the region better than any other OoS player.

We could legitimately look into a 2nd pittsburgh panelist, and pittsburgh players for rankings. If we start at apex, there will actually be active players from Pittsburgh besides me.

mib004

Smash Ace
My two best tourney wins from APEX are Ripple and Bpow. Had some decent mm wins too, but we don't count them anymore.

If brawl wins counted for melee, I beat leffen in my r1 pool :troll:

real talk though he was scary as hell to watch in melee

@ Vex, I think Z is the best win there imo.

@KT, my first guess for a panel would be You, Me, Xzax, Vex(If he wants to do it, or another penn state/Pittsburgh player), and chibo as the OoS guy; he still knows the region better than any other OoS player.

We could legitimately look into a 2nd pittsburgh panelist, and pittsburgh players for rankings. If we start at apex, there will actually be active players from Pittsburgh besides me.
Top 7 would be

Kenny
Vex
Squall
Mib
Uno if he does well at ktat "beat xzax and myself"

M@v

Subarashii!
That "no one outside philly is even worth mentioning" bias is simply oozing all over that post.

And tbh, if we were going by strength of wins at this current moment, I'm pretty sure you have the strongest win of anyone in bizkit.

I'm not saying who I think is top 5 until we get through the season. Thats the only fair way to judge it, regardless what area of PA they're from.

I think we will have enough to do a top 10 as well. I want to see good rep from the whole state on here; gives people a goal to shoot for.

I'm guessing we will get about 5 active philly, along with Berserker, me, and possibly umbra from central. And there will likely be several pittsburgh players active enough to qualify.

Top Bottom