• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
MIB is snake man lol

actually il prob be able to go to asylum 2 for singles. someone give me a ride home, il have a way there

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
cool..it depends on if i go to MLG(80% going) and how much **** MLG does to my pockets lol

ALll in all no matter wut happens in PR im (getting my white boi on for a min) PROUD of PA FOR ****IN BEASTIN THIS SEASON.. AND THat body count page chibo made gotta get accurate..we got soo much names on it some people we got twice lol...Also wen we all go to a tourney and kno some big names that gonna be on there we gotta have a hit list for one main pro lol...Also we should do like people who pulled a neo (matrix not marth) and dodge a bullet such as LAin 1-2(vs vex) ally(vs smurf mm) 1-2 ADHD1-2 (MIB) just ones that were EXTREMELY close lol just to be funny..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you wanna talk dodgin bullets this past season I took NEO (marth not matrix) to third game and Shadow to third game multiple times. Season prior I took ADHD to third game twice iirc, but didn't play him this season.

This next season I need 2 more ppl on my hitlist. My predictions? ADHD and Havok.

mib004

Smash Ace
since PA is so called the worst state. That hitlist was the best thing ever "its so funny cause no one is gonna want to be on it so they are gonna try extra harder to win watch lol.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm extra late, but:

Lol @Evan for saying I'm a bad panelist. I didn't just agree with everyone..... a few times, I was the first person to put down my vote. So you're just wrong.

@Kenny: You definitely didn't tell me about the Squall mm in your text. -_- And only $5+ mms count (which I didn't know til last night either tbh). Maybe next time make a blog and don't be lazy. =P

EDIT: Also, didn't know Dire was a DQ for Matt. In his results blog, it clearly said he defeated him 2-0 G&W vs. Wario, so we assumed it was a legit win.

I skimmed all this, honestly, but it looks like everything's cool now, so yay. I'm making rankings next season, guaranteed.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm proud of you guys stepping it up. Don't forget that ill be back this season, and way better than ever. Chibo can tell you that, and that was about 2 months ago. I've improved even more since then. I want as many pa players at columbus as possible, so we have a strong overall placing.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
MIB should not of put 2-0 vs DIRE cuzz he didnt tech 2-0 him just DIRE got DQ'd which is different. That win doesnt count srry MIB

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I thought the same thing at first, but Smurf had better wins than y'all give him credit for. ;;

Mostly in mms.

mib004

Smash Ace
i see takeover, squall, amd xzax. Boss G&W "yall really gonna count that like seriously".

Kenny beat BOSS LUIGI. VinnieG&w. Chibo. And ISH wolf lol "which chibo lost to". And Kenny beat smurf lol. I really dont get it at all. He beat fury, DRK Peach, JG wrenthworth MM, he got more just dont know it.

And xzax tourney accomplishments were great.

I really think MM shouldn't get u tourney rep this season just saying, cause if that's the case i can MM squall until i beat him. "Its stupid".

Smurf did very good this season, but he rode MM to 5th which is not fair to people who dont got the money to do them lolololol just saying. MM should just win you money and bragging rights thats it "just saying". Yall should start that rule next season.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Your losses count too, so if you mm'd Terrence and lost to him a billion times, then won once, it wouldn't help you very much. x.o

@"[Kenny] beat fury, DRK Peach, JG wrenthworth MM, he got more just dont know it." .........well, that's his fault for not reporting his wins right. We went off of the available records for the tournies he attended and the mms he texted to me last night. He had forever to make a blog if he was worried about some of his wins being missed.

As for the mms counting for too much thing..... I dunno, I kinda agree with that. Then again, if only tourney counts, you're limited by which brackets the TOs put you in. MMs are a way to play & prove yourself against people you might never meet in bracket because of seeding or luck. They're still wins with money on the line, so they're legit, but I mentioned last night that there should be clearer guidelines for how much stuff is weighted when it comes to rankings (wins vs. losses and mms vs. tourney).

And those guidelines should be clear to everybody. That way people like Nasty won't do a ****ton of $2 mms thinking they'll count when they won't. (Most people thought it only had to be above $1 to count.)

/rant

EDIT: Also, @Matt: Smurf is 1-1 with Kenny.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Tusm and squall were placing the same last year. I'm talking about this time last year not like Dec if last year. Plus both of yall were talking about how you couldn't beat ddd. It's irrelevant now anyway its clear who is better.

no he wasn't, what the hell. In 08 he was. 09 just passed a couple of months ago what are u talking bout weaver

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
@Kaylo: Thanks. And I agree, there should definitely be a written thing stating what counts more and there should be written guidelines as to what the requirements are to be considered ranked.

i.e. ~ how many tournies you need to go to
~ how much mony needs to be on the line in a mm.

Seriously, i effin mm'd a bunch of ppl for $2 bc i just thought it needed to be more than a doller.. that's what xzax said. Not everyone can afford to put a lot on mm's though either. :-/

My thoughts on how mm's vs tourney matches should be weighed: 55-45 in tourney matches favor. This is bc an entry fee into a tourney is $10 usually. That's $10 that you are spending on SEVERAL sets (provided you do well) and the grand prize for winning the tourney is greater than the amount won in a mm. In a mm you are putting $5 on ONE set, which is a lot of money for just a single set compared to the $10 for many sets in tourney. That's why mm's should have a pretty significant weight to them, just not more than tourney (bc you are competing for a greater grand prize).

On the note about Smurf beating Boss: Boss's G&W is legit... if it wasn't, he wouldn't have used him in the mm... AND i saw boss using G&W in tourney a lot at Player's Bowl, doig well w/ him.

/wrist

Yea I got ranked!
A man of few words.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
wtf this is why i dont play brawl! ppl are sooo serious about every win and loss. i know that its for rankings but wtf guys wheres the fun?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I get mad when I lose to stupid stuff. But I wouldn't keep playing if I didn't like the game.

Unlike you, lol.

Top Bottom