• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Kingtoon
Vex
Chibo
xzax
squall
MIB
Smurf
Tusm
Ebo
Mav

That is my random *** guess good luck KT!
Not bad, but I won't be up there, and I don't think MIB went to enough tournies this season. Could be wrong though.

Nah, I haven't entered singles for longer than you. Second place ain't bad tho.
You don't count, you're like that weird exception to the rule. It's like winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans, then getting disqualified for an exhaust infraction.

And you still study hitbubble data.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
You weren't on NAKAT's list >_>

Here are my wins:

GreenHX (who's that? lol)

Ok, now that that's finished, here are my losses:

Pwii
Deltacod.
TKCK
Umbra

yeah!

I'm inactive still though. I went to Great Revival and BRIII. Lost to Pwii and Delta at Great Revival and then i lost to Umbra and TKCK at BRIII.

hopefully Xzax's tourney will count so i can rack up some more losses wins.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'd rather be inactive than below ufb ^_^

I miss being inactive and being able to say ahhh i would **** you all but I'm retired, now I actually have to back **** up :(

M@v

Subarashii!
If umbra and I stay as consistent as we have been next weekend I think we will both make it. Hoping the other GE guys do really well this weekend as well ^_^

Also Umbra maybe we will finally face each other in a non-practice/apartment tourney lol.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I wasn't ranked at all, losing to me is horrible ^_^

don't sleep on berserker though, he's getting mad good

M@v

Subarashii!
the lose of Berserker hurt u bad, and umbra kinda hurt you cause you were ranked higher than him last season.
Because losing to an unranked automatically means the unranked person is a terrible player.

yyyyyyyuuuuuuuuppppppppp

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
losses really dont matter that much

MIB: quit smash
started going to tourneys again
actin' like a panelist

this guys never gonna quit this game lol

practice crazy man, i wanna see u in bracket @ pound4

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
OP said:
Ranking will focus primarily on wins over losses. One can estimate wins to be about double the worth of losses, if not greater. This means players with overall better achievements will be ranked higher, in the exception of said player having an exuberant amount of poor losses.
and i obv meant pound5 lol

M@v

Subarashii!
So smurf that's 3 GE people you've lost to in the past 6 months.....

someone get melon so we can make it four :troll:

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
It'll be a freakin miracle if i get on these rankings, I've been playing like crap this season and was actually using ATs DX. People better come to M@V's tourney so I could MAYBE earn Honorable Mention.

...and Berserker BETTER be taking my place on these rankings, kid does work!

EDIT: I almost beat him.........................with Jiggs :troll: Too bad mid tier tourneys don't really count. His Pit is legit.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
So smurf that's 3 GE people you've lost to in the past 6 months.....

someone get melon so we can make it four :troll:

yo mav im probably ur biggest win in the past yr.......just sayin

@umbra if i do u won't....i actually have been practicing :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
he's my biggest win in the past year too!

well, berserker is better imo, but for rankings it's smurf lollll

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
i'd say either me or slim if you want the BIGGEST wins. I mean, we're both huge!! :troll:

M@v's biggest win this season was against the Harrisburg mall floor after his loss against Tant. He flat out hardcore curb stomped the **** out of it. He left a hole in the floor that everyone one the first floor freaked out about. China thought it was an earthquake and evacuated Beijing. I mean, he was so salty the Egyptian protesters bought salt off of him to throw at the government. He had so much salt that Mickey D's could have salted their fries at every single store in the world for the next whole century. I mean, he had sooo much salt that he could make a salt-propelled helicopter and fly himself around the world and back to Pittsburgh. He was so salty he could saturate the Great Lakes with it.

You know we still love you M@V :bee:.

Okay, I'm sorry, that was incredibly mean, and it was unnecessary to go off like that. I'm sorry M@V and I'm sorry Smashboards for making such slanderous remarks against a fellow smasher. I sincerely apologize...

...but it was still pretty damn funny!!!

:205:

M@v

Subarashii!
Says the guy who threw his controller at the ground and walked off into the mall after getting his *** whooped by his crewmate :troll:

I motion to re-name this thread "The official flame the **** out of other PA players thread"

Also smurf, I was thinking it over again, and I changed my mind about my best win. It was definitely tantalus.

mib004

Smash Ace
losses really dont matter that much

MIB: quit smash
started going to tourneys again
actin' like a panelist

this guys never gonna quit this game lol

practice crazy man, i wanna see u in bracket @ pound4
lmao i love this game chibo, I try and go to any tourney until if I got free time

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Lol you people are taking rankings way to seriously when it don't mean nothing. Someone unranked can beat the top ranked player rankings mean nothing :)

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Lol you people are taking rankings way to seriously when it don't mean nothing. Someone unranked can beat the top ranked player rankings mean nothing :)
rankingz do mean something.. that is y the NFL, NBA, and NHL have them. it helps shows who is consistant and level of skill.. Accuract maybe not but close to it.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
wats gonna be da theme of this PR?

i vote for justice league heroes. its so original.

i call the green lantern. when he's a black guy though.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
rankingz do mean something.. that is y the NFL, NBA, and NHL have them. it helps shows who is consistant and level of skill.. Accuract maybe not but close to it.
That is why Packers a 6th seed r in the superbowl. Ur argument is fail I win :)
Duke loses to unranked FSU then when 3 seed to St Johns. Rankings mean nothing :)

U play to win the game HELLO. You don't play to just play (or rankings)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
That is why Packers a 6th seed r in the superbowl. Ur argument is fail I win :)
Duke loses to unranked FSU then when 3 seed to St Johns. Rankings mean nothing :)

U play to win the game HELLO. You don't play to just play (or rankings)
Not once did he say upsets don't happen. Rankings are in place bc to determine the most consistent during a given time period. Duke won't consistently lose to an unranked FSU bc if they would, then they wouldn't be ranked.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Not once did he say upsets don't happen. Rankings are in place bc to determine the most consistent during a given time period. Duke won't consistently lose to an unranked FSU bc if they would, then they wouldn't be ranked.
Bears were Ranked higher then Packers lost to them twice this year same with Eagles.
Upsets happen but very few times does number 1 ranked person win. With brawl on national level even M2k doesn't win all the time, and with melee since Mango stopped caring results have been crazy.

All I'm saying is you guys can have your silly rankings but rather then argue about them when not spend that time actually trying to get better. If you care so much about being ranked then getter better and beat people.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Bears were Ranked higher then Packers lost to them twice this year same with Eagles.
Upsets happen but very few times does number 1 ranked person win. With brawl on national level even M2k doesn't win all the time, and with melee since Mango stopped caring results have been crazy.

All I'm saying is you guys can have your silly rankings but rather then argue about them when not spend that time actually trying to get better. If you care so much about being ranked then getter better and beat people.
Chill bro, chill. Smash rankings and Football rankings are very different.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Na man Nasty said rankings were like sports. Rankings are rankings the purpose is to give an image of who is playing best over period of time.

Yet my point was they mean absolutely nothing. Anyone can lose to anyone at any point. Just cause ur ranked high doesn't mean you are best. My point was u guys take rankings way to seriously. I know people who hardly travel or go to tournies that could beat rank players.

Does being 1 in PA mean u will win every tourney. NO it prob means if you go to a national you will come in around 20th place at best.

Look at MLG as an example with GNES winning and other players coming from bracket and placing higher then "Ranked" people.

You guys can have ur rankings if u want. If that is what inspires u too play then go for it. I just find it hilarious how seriously u guys take it. WHEN IT MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

What does being ranked number 1 get you?

Win to win not for rankings :)

Top Bottom