• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The japanese version does this weird intro that sounds like its starting halfway into the song, then starts over

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
He's talking about the list underneath the picture that you didn't update. Gettin' all technical, and you salty as f*ck right now.

NAHSON!!!

M@v

Subarashii!
I wouldn't say it sucks, but English versions of anime songs always sound awkward because they try to force them to have the same amount of syllables and have the same parts stressed as the Japanese version. You can see how that can sound odd.
Pretty much this.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say it sucks, but English versions of anime songs always sound awkward because they try to force them to have the same amount of syllables and have the same parts stressed as the Japanese version. You can see how that can sound odd.
its funny to read though always makes me laugh, I almost kno the whole english version of one piece by now lol...THe only english verison of a song that turned out good was pkm and i believe thats a whole new song lol

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
its funny to read though always makes me laugh, I almost kno the whole english version of one piece by now lol...THe only english verison of a song that turned out good was pkm and i believe thats a whole new song lol
Hey Inui, you yell at this man for being one of the worst typers on SWF and now look at him... Even using punctuation marks and capitilization. That's improvement.

@ Smurf... Punctuation is where you use things like periods and commas.

Capitilization is where the first letter of proper nouns is bigger than the rest of the word.

Proper nouns are things like places and people's names.

You're getting there young grasshopper.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Hey Inui, you yell at this man for being one of the worst typers on SWF and now look at him... Even using punctuation marks and capitilization. That's improvement.

@ Smurf... Punctuation is where you use things like periods and commas.

Capitilization is where the first letter of proper nouns is bigger than the rest of the word.

Proper nouns are things like places and people's names.

You're getting there young grasshopper.
When there is a convo about math I will b sure to make fun of u XD

3xmath

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
It seems like this thread is used 95% of the time for (just a handful of brawl players) to argue about power rankings, and has only been used for actual player finding once in the past 100 pages, see page 424. Is there any way that we could have a PA Brawl power rankings thread separate from the PA finder? Or could we perhaps make a new PA finder thread, because umbreon stopped updating the player finder 3 years ago? I don't know, can we take a brief digression from whatever troll math is going on above and talk about how we can make it easier for new PA players, both melee and brawl, to get into the scene.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, Philadelphia had ONE tournament for melee. I'm going to host one as well. SO do you think you can probably have something for Melee ranking?

Would we need to go to nj to have a third tournament? (the tunes)

He's right, player finder hasn't even had ME in it damn it LOL. It does work, sorta.

And I agree with Vorosh, I don't think the Player Finder should be together with the Power Rankings for PA.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
There's a Melee scene in PA??? If so I haven't heard about it in over a year. If a seperate thread was made for Melee wouldn't it only have like 3 people posting in it?

As for the player finder, someone would have to actually be willng to update and start it. I do agree that the thread shouldn't be called a PA player finder if its not being used for such.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
It seems like this thread is used 95% of the time for (just a handful of brawl players) to argue about power rankings, and has only been used for actual player finding once in the past 100 pages, see page 424. Is there any way that we could have a PA Brawl power rankings thread separate from the PA finder? Or could we perhaps make a new PA finder thread, because umbreon stopped updating the player finder 3 years ago? I don't know, can we take a brief digression from whatever troll math is going on above and talk about how we can make it easier for new PA players, both melee and brawl, to get into the scene.
No pointless bitter arguing about nothing is so much better. People with cars in Philly area interested in melee should contact either me or UltimaScout we usually try to play on PA/DE boarder on Sundays...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There's a Melee scene in PA??? If so I haven't heard about it in over a year. If a seperate thread was made for Melee wouldn't it only have like 3 people posting in it?

As for the player finder, someone would have to actually be willng to update and start it. I do agree that the thread shouldn't be called a PA player finder if its not being used for such.
Nah. Theres some college students that play melee just in philly. SOme Pittsburg, I deff know there are Pittsburgh players.

More than three.

I'd be willing (and I"m sure others would be too) to start it LOL.

Btw, I don't have a car, but I'm working on it Dobs.

Keitaro

Nice, if a thread is made I just hope it will be more active than the NJ Melee thread after it split from Brawl.

The NJ Melee thread went inactive for 2 weeks imediately after the split and then was locked.

Pound 5 is coming up though so you guys need to be in touch for probably the most epic Melee tourney of all time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, maybe we should split, since Pound 5 is coming up. Although, I wouldn't want it to get inactive either. ;-;

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
This thread is inactive because "CHIBO" doesnt ever update it. It still has stuff in the OP from pre Brawl and 08.

So we only come here to discuss PR.

Keitaro

Hmmm, maybe we should split, since Pound 5 is coming up. Although, I wouldn't want it to get inactive either. ;-;
Its worth a shot. But if a split is decided it would probably be best to do so very soon or at least a month before Pound happens.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree. I don't know who would want to be able to update it, but I would definetly update it, since I do <3 melee. : ] So, I am willing to try. : D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There's no reason why this thread can count for both. Also idk if one tourney counts for emerging lol. Everyone feel free to talk about any game in here. If it becomes a problem then we can split but for now it's not needed.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If I had the password, I would gladly update the player finder.

Just throwin that out there.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone near the Roxborough Area? Around the Andora Shopping Center? I'm moving there in about 2 weeks and I want to know the smash scene around there

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
There's no reason why this thread can count for both. Also idk if one tourney counts for emerging lol. Everyone feel free to talk about any game in here. If it becomes a problem then we can split but for now it's not needed.
1. True, it can count for both.
2. Emerging, not emerged. I have a possible venue as well, it's just college that has been holding me back.

Either way, I mainly mean that there is a group of Melee players from PA emerging. I can see this group growing as well. Whether or not there are tournaments being hosted within PA is irrelevant. The point is there is a Melee scene in PA player-wise.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I would like the thread title to change so that people that play melee can notice that something is being done about Melee Rankings.

I'm going to host MAD so there should be something. D: <

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Nah. Theres some college students that play melee just in philly. SOme Pittsburg, I deff know there are Pittsburgh players.

More than three.

I'd be willing (and I"m sure others would be too) to start it LOL.

Btw, I don't have a car, but I'm working on it Dobs.
I have one but I work a lot but willing to travel to play people in melee on weekends pending distance is not ridiculous :)

Wait, is that really Mr. Slayer? I haven't seen you in ages, what's up, mah d00?
I know right lol he randomly came to me tourney for melee at PSU last year lol

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have one but I work a lot but willing to travel to play people in melee on weekends pending distance is not ridiculous :)
Me, Palpi and Reeper get together fairly often on weekends. Usually at me or Palpi's house, in Yardley. Should be under an hour and a half from Westchester. Not sure how far qualifies as ridiculous. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I know right lol he randomly came to me tourney for melee at PSU last year lol
I wouldn't mind holding smashfests either. : ] I would host a smash fest near Pound 5, so that people can come and practice and save money for Pound 5.

Or maybe Talwind would like to do that. I'm not sure. (Maybe he should host a tournament before pound 5 since it might be cheaper) : ]

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Yo Dobs im Reeper btw. Ima friend request/PM you, you should friend request me on FB we have a smasher group on there that we use alot. Link is in my profile.

Top Bottom