• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, Dr.PP, Alex Strife, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!

The action starts on Friday night with hype team (FGC) and possible crew (Smash) tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Side tournaments for 64/Brawl also welcome on Friday night as well as friendlies! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3 miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.

If you can't make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky and Bifuteki

For more information: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/CivilWarDetails

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318539
https://www.facebook.com/events/284773714913236/

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So I was playing Melee with some friends yesterday. At one point, one of them asked me to play Ganondorf, but try to play badly so as to make it more fair. Anyway, halfway through the game, one person's like "Even when he's trying to play badly, he's still better than you", to which I responded "Wait, what? I'm playing Melee?". Don't you think it's bad when you start daydreaming and forget you're playing a video game?

dr.neo

Smash Champion
For NC and mostly DarkHart [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] That GahDangMuch.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Melee's going stronger than Brawl ever will.

I know the numbers don't support that, but allow me to live in my delusional fantasy land.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I was just at this NCSU thing where the seniors were showing off a game they made. I was the only non-developer to win. So yeah, I guess those Melee reflexes work in other games too.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
yo i just got into town today and i was wondering if anyone would be down to play smash sometime soon? im not that far from Raleigh and id definitely be willing to drive up there to play.

also whens the next tournament?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As far as I know, there isn't anything planned. With NC State closing soon, Stingers won't be able to book out the Bragaw Activity Room anymore (I assume), so we won't our usual tournaments until the fall. If he can book the room, or someone else can, then that's a different story, but I'm fairly certain it's closed during the summer.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In that case, is there any reason we wouldn't be able to use the room during the summer? Or does it have to be reserved by someone that's taking classes during the summer?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
the room is almost never in use during the summer so i can't imagine they care

edit: your bigger issue is alex would need a ride from hickory if he's not living in raleigh during the summer

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That would be a problem, but I suppose someone else could reserve the room. I have TIO on my laptop, so could take care of that part of the tournament.

Of course, it'd all be a lot easier if he could get a ride.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
a NC tournament sounds like a lot of fun. id be willing to bring a full setup, and a power strip.

just so u guys know ill be staying in Garner for about a month.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Isn't Green Greens a banned stage, though? Why do you want it legal? I figure you'd want a cool stage, like Mute City or Big Blue. Or Pokefloats.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Me and Stingers have been talking. There's a good chance, but nothing guaranteed, that we'll be able to keep having tournaments starting in June.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'll be in Raleigh over the summer, so I might be able to help run a tournament. I'll also be going to grad school at State in the fall. Don't know if that would allow me to rent out rooms or whatever.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll have twitch answer it here when he gets time.

Also we need to work on how to get tourneys in May before we can start worrying about June tourneys imo.

We should give Asheboro another shot, they have a new venue. JMH can host the 19th, would you guys be down with that?

Top Bottom