• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so umm...

if we're gonna update like every 5 tourneys like this one was (i think), it may be wise to say that attendance/entry at two tourneys is necessary. (duke, BAC2, Asheboro, GIG, and lots of other stuff that had data that can count like TO6, Radford tourney that some NC went to, Snaps tourney, etc)

1/3 is straight, but 1/5 is a little inactive to put to data in my honest opinion.

just something to think about.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm just saying that their set count, once you include the tourney set and mm that i think they had, is 2-1 sneak. the one win dj had is more recent than his 2 losses. i still don't know if you factor time into it.

*shrug* don't matter too much to me. just lookin at what it is.

still lookin for an answer about those 2/5 tournies though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL dj XD

We're doing a regular update for this update, but I'll tally the votes for the next one I guess.

If we extend the tourney range to 5 tournaments then I guess we can start using attendance when determining rankings, but not before then. 4 tournaments still doesn't seem like quite enough to have an attendance requirement for outside of 1.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't really think it's how many tournaments necessarily, but what kind of data you get from the tournaments. usually one is enough, but if you don't play anyone good it doesn't matter

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
josh should be higher imo
Nah. I pretty much am getting punished for having attended every tourney. I should have skipped or not entered Dylan's when I hadn't really slept, was freezing and just having a bad day. Loool at almost losing to Keith because I couldn't stop getting shield grabbed -> Uthrow -> Rest. That's honestly my fault though for trying to support the event when I knew I was playing poorly. Like Alex told me on AIM, one bad day at a tourney is all it takes. I guess I need to start strategically skipping stuff.

For the record, at the time Ryan was still better than me at Falco dittos and I think he would have probably won even if I was playing well.

I wish that last Duke from the previous session could have counted. I got my revenge on Jim and I beat Alex (which would have made us 2-2 in sets). Oh wells.

Congrats Jim, your Ganon has gotten so good.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nah. I pretty much am getting punished for having attended every tourney. I should have skipped or not entered Dylan's when I hadn't really slept, was freezing and just having a bad day. Loool at almost losing to Keith because I couldn't stop getting shield grabbed -> Uthrow -> Rest. That's honestly my fault though for trying to support the event when I knew I was playing poorly. Like Alex told me on AIM, one bad day at a tourney is all it takes. I guess I need to start strategically skipping stuff.

For the record, at the time Ryan was still better than me at Falco dittos and I think he would have probably won even if I was playing well.

I wish that last Duke from the previous session could have counted. I got my revenge on Jim and I beat Alex (which would have made us 2-2 in sets). Oh wells.

Congrats Jim.
oh you edited

well like I said you weren't punished for attending things, you were inconsistent. stop playing the victim.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
well like I said you weren't punished for attending things, you were inconsistent. stop playing the victim.
My inconsistency was only shown because I attended twice as many events as most people. I didn't mean punished in the sense that you were out to get me. I should maybe have said penalized or negatively affected.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just realized that a lot of you weren't playing last time those two were on the PRs.

Man I'm old.

Edit: slightly inaccurate picture up, lol.

k fully fixed lol

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
He likes her because she's brown.

I'm having dinner with him and Zaara sometime this week. ****.

Also, I should probably have Fox as a secondary but whatevs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yay messed up. =(

btw this is funny:

DrpeepeeF 1:34 am
yo why'd you poke me
prrettymango69 1:34 am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
cause i wanted 2
DrpeepeeF 1:34 am
oh aight
prrettymango69 1:34 am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
DrpeepeeF 1:35 am
here i thought you wanted to say hey
prrettymango69 1:35 am
well
when i poke someone its like
i thought of u and would like to talk
but not really
so u get a poke
DrpeepeeF 1:35 am
oh okay
well im glad i was good enough to be thought of to poke then haha
prrettymango69 1:36 am
LOOL
<3
DrpeepeeF 1:36 am
<33
ur going to rom right?
no =(
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
dude im sorry!
i wish i could go
GAYYY
you're just gonna have to win it now
no
LOL
DrpeepeeF 1:37 am
hahaha why not?
i like watching you get off =p
prrettymango69 1:37 am
everyone does
but im probably just gonna be drunk all weekend
DrpeepeeF 1:37 am
aight well whatever you wanna do man
prrettymango69 1:37 am
KOOO

brb sc2 time baby
and stop being invsible
ur not that cool *****
DrpeepeeF 1:38 am
why arent you invisible then?
prrettymango69 1:38 am
god dammit
LOOOL
<3
brb
DrpeepeeF 1:38 am
XD aight

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh yeah I should've told Smith to put both of them.

Maybe I'll just make notes at the bottom of the picture if Smith doesn't wanna edit it LOL.

Top Bottom