• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Brawl Power Rankings! (Update 11/08!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lets talk about what the prs will look like next update

shady is getting on and moving up
bill will move down
lozr will probably be taken off
and i'll probably move down since history likes to repeat itself against all logic

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
lets talk about what the prs will look like next update

shady is getting on and moving up
bill will move down
lozr will probably be taken off
and i'll probably move down since history likes to repeat itself against all logic
Despite me trying to defend them Killer and Flamingo will get taken off probably. Other than shady getting ranked idk who will replace them. No one new has been placing top consistently.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well

these things are 100% based on tournament placings/results

(right pp and bill?)

so

it doesn't matter.

Jon?

Smash Champion
For some reason, I always place bad in tournies but **** when it comes to friendlies. Maybe we can have a PR based on money matches?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you place bad in tourneys then you shouldn't be on the power rankings. i don't know how you can play bad in tourneys but do fine in friendlies anyway. the pressure get to you or something? just relax, it's a game.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Let me put it this way. I do well up until I have to play Gauvn. I can't push rolls and I think learning how to would be a waste of time since he is the only one who does it.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I suppose the only way to punish that type of playstyle is to play a very slow game and camp. I am a very anti-campy player where I like to be in your face and put constant pressure on.

I heard roll spams won't be making an appearance at Billfest, so maybe I'll do better.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think alex told me there was a 4 frame window to punish lucarios roll? it might've been less. but falco definitely has tools to punish it.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Will you be at Billfest Stingers? I would love to have a friendly match with you. I never played against a really good ROB player before. It would be fun despite the mismatch for Falco, but I don't mind.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I can't tell if I'm being baited, but currently the Brawl panel majority decision to do PRs is to use set counts. If you haven't played vs anyone, then you have no set count to consider, thus your removal from the PRs because we wouldn't know where to put you.

Of course, they might just be moved to last. I don't know.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Cool. I have to double check to make sure I'll be able to go. But if I do, I'll be there with Shady and Uncle most likely.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Me and Shady live within 10 minutes of each other. I also play a lot with Keith as well. I'm still working on my Snake match-up but it proves to be more difficult to me than Metaknight.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Not necessarily, Snake has a frame to pull Grenade. So if done correctly, after the first grab, a Grenade drops, I d-throw into it, and boom no more CG.

I've been working on countering this action though. Most of the time Snakes spam B as much as possible. If I wait in between throws, while I still have them grabbed, it throws off their timing.

Shady can comment on the CG to spike to spike gimp. Basically jumping off to get a second spike in works since the cypier hits me and I get another jump. Hehe.

Thanks for the support though, Stingers!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
YKB3: Ali had too much schoolwork so he couldn't make it to tournaments and fell off of the PRs, and Peter just plain quit because he hated MK.

They both still play Melee though.

GAUVN

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about, every tourney we've both been to, I've been the one that has knocked you out xD

Stingers is right. If this happens again, it may be in your best interest to learn how to beat rolls. But then who would you play against? Not many people are into playing such a ***gy character, so you may have trouble getting good, cause i'm not driving an hour just for practice.

And learning my rolls is NOT that hard. Fiz learned it in our very first match ever and punished me badly for it >.>

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
that was too good....

gauvin was in my face and i tried to jab him
he rolled away
i kept holding snakes jab
he rolled right back into it and died

Jon?

Smash Champion
Fiz: *looks up at the crowd "All I have to do is hold THIS BUTTON!"
Gauvn: *rolls back and forth and finally into Snake
Fiz:*looks back at the TV "Oh look it worked!"

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jon?

Smash Champion
So let me get this right..

You missed out on Omni's tournament to play the Sims?! You ain't never making PRs if you're thinking like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom