• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Brawl Power Rankings! (Update 11/08!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd really prefer not to start a "ban MK" discussion here. That's all answering that question will lead to.

If you're really concerned with it then I could always PM you.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Even? I'd give it to Marth a little (like 55/45ish) due to his range+aerial mobility+glide toss which keeps Diddy from naner'ing circles around him. Obviously, Diddy has range on his Fair (and a couple other moves) and he has a glide toss, but I'm saying Marth has more of what Diddy has in those areas which is a little more than enough to make up for Diddy's combo potential+stage control.

I'm not saying it necessarily is 55/45 Marth because the only diddy I've ever played is Twitch's (and it's not bad at all really), but I suppose I should reserve judgment on that one until I play a different, experienced Diddy.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@ Stongers: I dunno about that. I'm good at the matchup, but vs a pro good? I doubt it. Experience will hold me back too much.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
whos got best falco?

after thinking about it there are only a few characters that are mained by multiple people

best meta? idk
best snake? keith, ali, shady
best ROB? either karn or stingers
oli goes to bill
wario goes to LoZR
marth goes to pp
DK goes to reg
diddy goes to DUB
peach goes to tho
fox goes to Duo
see what im sayin?
ill take mk is flamingo dosent mind

Edit: By the way me karn and jon had a 3 man crew battle vs 130 people at animazment, and we won!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
MK has range that rivals Snake, speed much greater than Snake, has the best edge game out of the entire cast, has the best recovery out of the entire cast, has fast hitting attacks with little cooldown that can kill (Dsmash, glide attack, and even shuttle loop gets it's own slot too). MK gets a great shield frame trap (Dtilt), and a Ftilt that ***** frontal grounded and aerial approaches. MK has a tornado for recovery purposes and the nado is a great gtfo move which outprioritizes the majority of the game character's moves. MK can juggle better than any other character and keep from being juggled better than any other character due to his multiple jumps. He can keep himself from being juggled with Dair as well, and his Uair is an insanely quick move that easily resets juggles. MK obviously has an amazing grab game since all of his moves will put you into the air in some way, which allows MK to set up his awesome juggle game, which leads to his awesome edgeguarding game.

I'm not going to respond to an argumentative post concerning this, but if you're really gonna call Snake gayer than MK, you should rethink what exactly "gay" is. Snake has good range, hits hard, and is tough to kill (for characters who can't edgeguard). He also has great stage control, and a good throw game. Too bad he's juggled easily and gimped hard by most characters with a spike as well. Those are two things Snake has trouble with that MK certainly doesn't.

Alright, I'm done now.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I understand where you are coming from PP.

Just from my own personal experience, I enjoy the MK matchup much more than the Snake matchup. It's probably because Keith knows how I play and he eats me alive.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Dublio: Some of it I learned on the Marth boards, some of it I learned from reading debates, and some of it I came up with (I'm sure it has already been said though since this subject has been beaten to death).

@Jon: I don't expect to change anyone's minds, but I just thought that calling Snake "gayer" than MK was a little, well, extreme. I was merely providing some facts to back up my sentiment.

Edit: Karn DOES have a point, though. XD

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
lol I remember back in the day in the dk matchup thread someone was arguing that mk, snake, and ike were the most broken characters in the game and should be banned but besides them tires don exits.

I actually think mk is a fun character to play because he lets you do almost anything, there are no limits holding you back. I've been playing him in friendlies more and more lately, usually just when I'm blazed though because he's so easy :bandit:

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
lol I remember back in the day in the dk matchup thread someone was arguing that mk, snake, and ike were the most broken characters in the game and should be banned but besides them tires don exits.
lol I remember back in the day in the dk matchup thread someone was arguing that mk, snake, and ike were the most broken characters in the game
mk, snake, and ike were the most broken characters in the game
mk, snake, and ike

At first I was :|
Then I was XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. Dr Peepee - :marth:
2. NC-Echo - :olimar:/:dedede:
3. Legendary Pikachu - :pikachu2:
4. Lord Karn - :marth:/:wario:
5. LoZR - :wario:/:metaknight:
6. KillerSOS - :olimar:/:dedede:
7. Ragnar0k- :dk2:
8. Zero Gamer - :lucario:
9. Stingers135 - :rob:
10. Flamingo - :metaknight:

Honorable mentions:

In alphabetical order:

Dub - :diddy:
Gauvin - :lucario:
Keith - :snake:
THO - :peach:

It looks cooler lol

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Stingers I like what you did with the place. You really spruced it up a bit, quite impressive. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom