• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
this is gay. i leave norcal for a month and now you guys got monthlies and this tournament in july too??! what the hell? :/

cruxis, i hope all you guys can make it, and good luck to all.

Zoap

Smash Master
Wake up Nor Cal

Ok after the cancellation of Mlg San Diego not alot of stuff has been talked about but the tournament in june. Well there is one b4 that i tell u. Its in tracy which is only about an hr away. So lets wake the **** up and go get ourselves down there.

Zoap

Smash Master
Idea to wake up NorCal

So i got this crazy idea to wake up this thread. I found a place that can hold up to 500 ppl, has 10 tables and 100 chairs, and is only 300 for the day. So if enough of u post saying that u would be interested in a tournament then there will be one with Singles, Teams, LTT. And Crew if u guys are up for like 5$ a person for the crew. LTT would be only mid tier and below so link and roy and ICs are allowed.

As for prices im think 15$ for singles, 15$ per team and 5$ for low tier.
It would be MLG rules with some new rules that i mite add.

As for pot spliting i will take some money from singles teams and ltt(and crew if u guys decide u want it) to pay for the rent. On a side note I will also be taking 20 bucks out of the money for both Trebor and German for there FC3 trip.

After the remaining money has been calculated then the pot will most likely pay top 3-4 for singles(do u guys want top 3 or 4?), Top 2 for teams and only the winner for LTT. As for crew the top two crews will split the pot 70% and 30%.

Now with some calculating if 40 ppl show up that means 600$ for singles, 300 for teams, and 200 for ltt. With that i could take about 200 from singles and 50 from the other two.

Top 4:That means that for singles if its top 4 u place first the lets say u get 40% of the pot(160$) and second get 30% for second(120$) and 15% for both 3rd and 4th(60$).

Top 3:If it is only top 3 then it will be 60%(240$), 30%(120$) and 10%(40$).

Then for teams with 250$ left it would prob be a split of 70% and 30%, So 175$ for first(87.50$ each) and 75$ for 2nd(37.50$ each).

Then for LTT 100% for the winner which is 200$(this puts and emphasis on ppl to be good with low tier chars.

So plz give me ur input on anything and if i get alot of yes i would attend this tournament then well guess wat norcal thats another tourney b4 FC3.

EDIT: EVERYONE WOULD GET INTO THE BRACKETS, THIS MEANS NO GETTING ELIMINATED IN POOLS./B]

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yep. We need to know where exactly this place is.

And, as always, if it fits my schedule I can run the **** thing if you want.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Brackets, security, insults, mooching off free stuff....I do it ALL!

And seriously, what's the point of pools if no one gets eliminated? Might as well have free play for an hour instead or something.

And, of course, nothing doin' on anything unless a date is announced. The earlier you get it announced, the more likely I can help. Simple.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Of course, I don't actually have to BE there to help with the brackets. Assuming you have internet connections, of course.

My last final is on the 15th, so any of the dates after that is fine.

Geo

Smash Ace
Had to dig this topic up from the grave.

Well, yeah GERM invited us to smash at his house and it was some good times.

GERM: scary and crazy as always. **** your Falco, god that hurt.

Bob$: only 1 set?!?!?! next time we will get a bunch.

Zel: Fox is too good vs Falcon. I almost got that finisher on that combo on your Marth, I don't think anyone saw it.

Clod: I think I played you the most, I think it's fair to say that Falcon dittos are really ****ing weird.

Nasty: You got me back for what I did to you on that first match.

SadPanda: you've improved quite a bit. Your friends weren't bad either.

Hella: I liked that parasol trick, good matches.

Thanks for having us over and getting pizza and all that.

Oh and WHAT THE **** at Simna throwing the directions out the window.

B4N is gonna be too crazy. Let's hope NorCal rises up once again.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
mad props to teamscape they got alot better, Geo VERY sweet falcon, im not used to fighting a patient falcon, more like Clod zero aggressive like. good stuff tho. u got your falcon skillz down.

Simna isnt the same simna, hes gotz mad better, good stuff didnt expect ness to be that crazy had to win somehow.
KEVMONEY thats a niiiice luigi. freeakin corneria boo, i hate that level u rock tho seriously.

simnas bro, good team matches.

Sheridan tho is toooo good on teams. i could have played with him all day man, nasty rest ****.

good games and ill see u at june4th tourney.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Zoap

Smash Master
Revive time

Well i noticed we fell back quite far in the pages so im gonna revive us and give some good news. As of today 5/23/05 i now have my licence, which means(i have my own car too) i can make alot more smashfest or even smash get togethers ^^. Also if any one is feelin like they want to smash it up just give a me a few day notice and ill come chill at ur place and get some fun games in. Just thought Nor Cal should know.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
yeah like on a random night when Dbr smashes since Antioch is really close to concord u guys can come over for the night and leave in the morning..sounds good?:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Man, I haven't been here in a couple months. So if anybody is going to get something together in the sacramento area (I live an hour north), that would be cool. I think teamscape is in sac area...

P.S. I saw DBR's vids on MLG, and you guys ****.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Zoap: That's a nice looking license you have there. Call me anytime and we can arrange whenever smash.

n64smashmaster: wow havent seen u on here in a while...you say u r one hour north of sac? maybe we can smash sometime, but you are probably closer to Marthby than you are to TS. Are you familiar with Williams, CA?

Zoap

Smash Master
money smashfest

So doing my usual shout outs for bob moneys smash fest.

Malix: Ur Link and Marth real good keep working at them and we own in teams ^^.

Milk: Fun playing u wit my mario vs ur doc, hope we get lots of matches in at b4n

Bob Money: The $$, got lucky that one mario vs ur doc, had some real close games wit my peach and ur doc, thx for lettin us all chill in ur kitchen, maybe i can comeover next monday or weds if ur not working??

Ender: Kicked the **** outta my link and mario but then had some real good games wit my peach, keep the fox comin and get some matches wit u at b4n.

And Last but CERTAINLY not least THE GERM: hmmm, not to much to say, u kicked the **** out of me real bad today, hope my peach isnt gettin weak... But as usual nice link and falco, keep that **** up and we get some matches at B4N.

I think i also played brnt but it was only in team matches.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
goowad stuff.
Zoap:u got alot better yeah close matches i fail tho.
Snap: u gettin pretty cheap with that macth keep it up
Sadpanda's people: Sad-good matches u get me pissed off when u beat me tho, your getting very good man.
burnt toast niceeee nesss.
Chris was is it? very nce ylink
ORLANDO:man u a really cool guy and thnx for the stuff man. master of spam is your name and u got some creative moves that made me OOHH.
SHERIDAN:Always too good smashin with u u get better everytime and its impossible to beat your jiggs with nayone than doc man. DONT REST ME ANYMORE U CHEATER. nice rests in teams dawg. TEAM WITH SHERIDAN AT B4n SOMEone hes REALLY GOOD. hes one of top jiggs now. keep up the hardcore training we need u at fc3 .
Dbr: u guys suck. thanx for coming Zack.
TScape:simna very fast ness, ender u get better and better every time. Malix nice marth very tricky and smart. MILK U FORGOT YOUR IPOD AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice doc man keep the doctor healthy.

FUn smashfest good matches, I MAY HAVE ANOTHER ONE ON SUNDAY JUNE 19 or another RANDOM TUESDAY. IF a couple of people have a free tuesday sometime hit me up ill see what i can do.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Simna ibn Sind
Zoap: That's a nice looking license you have there. Call me anytime and we can arrange whenever smash.

n64smashmaster: wow havent seen u on here in a while...you say u r one hour north of sac? maybe we can smash sometime, but you are probably closer to Marthby than you are to TS. Are you familiar with Williams, CA?
I know Williams is relatively close, but I have never been there. I think my high school played them in sports. I live near Gridley in Butte County.

Geo

Smash Ace
I'll be out of school next week so if there's anything going on during the weekdays (I work on weekends) I might be able to go. I'm gonna work on getting my license this summer so you'll probably be seeing a lot more of me.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
it was fun yesterday.

hyuga-you rested everyone of my lives in one of those team matches. also i wont have the vids up until sunday probably.

bob$-thanks for hosting and for the food and drink. nice doc, Im not used to some of that stuff playing milk all the time.

zoap-fun playing against you, too bad you had to leave.

germ-you beat me, fun stuff

etc.

Also i saw this on bob$'s mail box.

no idea who did it though.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Bored

well, i already had my shoutouts at the official B4N thread, but since i cant do it again, i guess ill do it here, since you guys (DBR) did **** this tourney in the a$$ pretty badly.

So yeah it was tite, had fun, first tourney - and i didnt do too bad in it, especially teams (7th!)

GERM: I shall get my ditto's. All 100,435,364,673,543,543 of them:chuckle:

Zel: i wouldve played you if i didnt SD in that match with Nek, so ill be wondering about that for a lttle while...Good **** on taking the whole thing with your Cross - Colored eye fox (refer to DBR Banner) id like to play you one day.

since this is the DBR challenge thread, ill make some use of it:

DBR, I CHALLENGE YOU....end of summer...be waiting, that falco, is just the tip of my iceberg:D

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
I gotta step up my game and get out more. When are ya'll or teamscape or whoever hosting a smashfest, ill be there. I was dissapointed at b4n with my gameplay and didn't play smart. I didn't get to play many others... no excuses since there were so many tvs. I take the DBR challenge yet again.

Zoap

Smash Master
diznam

DIZNAM, it musta taken hella long to find this thread lol, You all better show up there if i get my *** there!

metalhead209

Smash Cadet
hey this is an old thread but i was browsing the forums and saw this. I have been looking for good smash bros players around nor cen cal. if you guys want i have a group that would like to play. As far as competive play were nubes but we need the practice. we live in turlock its very near modesto which is somwhat near stockton.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Hey GERM!
Me and a friend of mine have recently started playing smash again thanks to watching your combo vid. You've inspired me to get even better at Link (I've been Link from the start in the old days) seeing what he can do, and I recently bought a capture card to record our games.

Anyways, I noticed your post about challenges, and also how you live in concord, and I'm from fresno, so maybe we can set a date to play. Just to let you know, I'm probably nowhere near as good as you, but I'm getting there. You can watch a couple of mine and my friends' videos by searching "samus link" on Google Video, the videos with PEST and Neko-San. Check us out.

Also, if we can chat and plan this thing out, it'd be better. My email is link4u@juno.com or you can reach me on AIM at: HyrulesOneHope. So add me and we can talk about this whole thing. Catch you later.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
metalhead209 said:
hey this is an old thread but i was browsing the forums and saw this. I have been looking for good smash bros players around nor cen cal. if you guys want i have a group that would like to play. As far as competive play were nubes but we need the practice. we live in turlock its very near modesto which is somwhat near stockton.
Hey, possibly me and my friend wouldn't mind playin you guys during spring break. Email me at my email posted above and we can talk.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Hmm.. I'd like to see if I can take on Clod's Captain Falcon vs my Young Link. I really like fighting CFs for some reason haha. Let's see if we can do that at the next NCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom