• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Re: Some Updates

Originally posted by Zoap

7. Trash cans are there for a reason, so plz dispose of trash in them. I catch u littering i will kill u
For real. You guys left hella siera mist cans in my garage last time.

I dunno if I can go, we'll see.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
IS MITCHELL aNd THE Sf ASIANZZZ...China's most wanted coming?
Kurtis THats a SIIIICK BANNER.......
We gotta do more TEam matches this time around at the smashfests

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: \
Hope Mlg made everyone better...I know zel is ;)

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Due to the **** fact that whenever I say Im gonna go to a smashfest/tourney, I end up not going. This time Ima do the opposite in hopes that I DO GO THIS TIME!!! Here goes....

I AM NOT FAWKING GOING!!!!

There, hope that works! ^_^

*is working on getting drivers licence*

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'd be much obliged if there were Vernor's Ginger Ale available. If not then maybe Squirt or Vanilla Coke.
I should get priority since I'm providing equipment ^_^

The GERM

Smash Ace
A speech by the GERM:

I just wanna take this post to personally thank all of Norcal for the determination to improve at this game. After this last MLG, I remembered where we were a couple months ago compared to where we are now and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this region. Over the last couple months, there has been massive improvement on behalf of everyone, all of Teamscape, Kurtis, Mtchell, Sheridan, Pierre, Zoap, The Cruxis crew, and us as well. Before DBR decided to organize Norcal again and get it back to where it was, we were the forgotton region of California and the US for that matter, with all the hype on Ken and Socal, or New York, Washington, Texas, or Virginia. But now we know just how much skill Norcal puts on the table, and what to do with it. We have to keep pushing to make Norcal dominant again. We must honor our Norcal Ancestors like Recipherus, Deezie, Royal Flush, Linxamus, and The Doug. Nobody fu**ed with Norcal back in the day and I looked up to these guys as the top smashers back when I sucked balls. After Recipherus and most of the San Jose crew left the smash scene, Norcal was sh** until DBR was born. After this last MLG in my hometown of San Francisco, Norcal is being recognized again as a region not to be fu**ed with. I see constant growth with everyone in Norcal everytime we meet and I just hope everyone keeps improving their game and sharpening their skill cause we're really gonna have to **** everyone with no mercy at the next big tournament here to be on top again. Once again I would just like to thank all of Norcal for getting along and getting involved in the community here to help eachother grow as smashers, I've made a lot of good friends through this thread and the Norcal smashfests and I hope this community keeps growing in numbers and skill....

With that said, I'm going to the smashfest if it's on the 12th, I don't know how many of us are going but I'm leaning toward me, Clod, Nasty, and Zel for sure. Bob sometimes has work and I haven't asked Sam yet.

Zoap

Smash Master
As far as i can tell

as far as i can tell i can count on dbr and hyuga to show up. according to ender teamscape is kinda iffy being that he is there ride. marthby i dont know wat to do wit u lol. So there is only gonna be maybe 3-4 types of soda, rite off the bat im getting pepsi since zel was first to tell me wat he wanted and i like pepsi any ways, I will try and get some ginger ale for hyuga but not alot cuz if ppl are like me ginger ale is nasty. So im plannin on gettin one clear soda(sprite, dew, mist) and i guess rootbeer. If u have any prob wit these then need to tell me rite away. Also just if any one wants this is an offer im throwin up, if u want a whole pizza(thats 8 slices) all to ur self, then if u bring 6.00 u get a whole watever pizza u want all to urself dont have to share wit no one. This is just an offer not a requirement, all money that i get from u guys is being spent so im not pocketing any. Oh and money matches will be held if ur feelin lucky. But me and Zel got the big tv first for ours ^^.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
???

Zoap you CAN count on me to show up.

And your opinions on ginger ale only prove that you've never had Vernor's. Actually Reed's is the best but it's more like water flavored ginger. No worries if you decide against Vernor's though...

GERM your post is awesome. You (and all of DBR) deserve a lot of credit for getting everybody's $hite in gear; hella of us would just be stagnating without this topic. BTW grats to you and Zel for your invites.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
I am guarenteed to go if I can get a ride with anyone or take some sort of public transportation and get picked up from the stop.

Hey GERM maybe if you have enough room you can give me a ride, oh and I don't mind laying down in the trunk either, I think that would be fun as hell.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Albert, my friend, is willing to take me to Antioch provided I give him a map for directions, some gas $$$, and that he doesnt work that day. I just hope he dont work. =\

ROOT BEER!!!

Geo

Smash Ace
How does NorCal feel about invading Skypal sometime?

I know I want to go to one in the next few months and I though what the hell let's bring all of NorCal.

Just post up if you are interested. Start saving some money if you want to go, we will probably go by Greyhound. DBR, BPs, Cruxis, CTMW and TS I expect you all to come.

Skypal has some top notch competition so it will definetly be worth your money.

Zoap

Smash Master
ok so far i count

ok so far i count most of dbr will be able to attend, hyuga, volroth and marthby. No word from teamscape yet. Also depending on hom much this trip would cost determines whether the bps would go(kawn, dmh and the kid would not go due to parents not trustin other ppl). But if its cheap enough i guess the other 3 members are up for it.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if I could make any smashfest, I'll still try though, there's just a bunch of crap goin on at home, hope to see everyone there.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to be able to go to the smashfest this saturday. Sorry to everybody who wanted to play me.

Zoap

Smash Master
Smashfest final update

Ok due to my charm this smashfest is happening!! It will be Saturday the 12th 9am to 4pm. It is 3$ for pizza and drinks(u get 2 slices of pizza and 2 sodas). (For your own pizza with 8 pieces all to ur self)Im upping the price from 6 to 7$ so u can get the 2 sodas to along with ur own pizza. The address and phone #.

Address: 4009 Palomar Drive, Antioch, California, 94531
Cell #: 1-925-354-3223
House #: 1-925-778-6344

Rules:
1.This is a BYOC(Bring Your Own Controller) event, so if u dont bring one then too bad(if u have a problem wit controller issues then call me ahead of time and i will see what i can do to get one in ur hands, But do not call me on the day and be like can i get a controller man)

2. Currently if everything goes as planned we will have 6 tvs+cubes+games(as i posted b4 mem cards are not needed), If You can it will be deeply appreciated if u could bring a cube +tv and game.

3. Plz take a shower, althought we will be not so close most of the time no one likes a smelly person

4. We will be playing in my backyard mostly(unless it is raining, if it does then in the garage) so bring a jacket cuz it mite be cold, so plz remeber a jacket/sweater

5.Pizza and drinks must be ate/drunk outside, its one thing to spill on my cement but it is another to spill on my carpet. Also if u spill soda outside tell me rite away so i can hose it down and not attracted fuking bees.

6.ANOTHER IMPORTANT RULE!! im counting on something close to 25-30 ppl attending, so at 3$ a piece that means we will have 75-90$, over half is going to pizza and there will be something like 72 slices, that means two per person and then after everyone has had two then u can get more, all pizza will be either little caesars or dominoes pepperoni. ALSO WAT KIND OF SODA U GUYS WANT????

7. Trash cans are there for a reason, so plz dispose of trash in them. I catch u littering i will kill u

8. I need to know how much pizza/ soda i have to get b4 hand i would appreciate it if u either call my cell and say how many ur taking here. Or u can post in this topic thread or text my phone. But plz RSVP so i can get enough food/drinks.

9. Do not ****ing steal from me or my house! If i catch u so much as taking a bottle water without asking me i will kick u out.

10. This will start approx 9:00 in mourning and will go till like 4:00.

11. The tvs and cubes will be assigned certain tasks: if we get six tv+cubes then 3 of them will be soley for 1v1, 1 will be for teams, 1 for 1v1 or 2v2 money matches(if this tv is not always occupied i will switch it to a 1v1 tv+cube), and lastly the 1 remaining is for free for all play, Which means 4 at all time. On the 1v1 tvs winner stays loser goes, winner after three matches has to leave and two new ppl will rotate in. On the team tv the loser leaves and winner stays, if the winning team wins 3 times they must get up and let two new teams up, unless no one care, on the money match tv the two or four finish there one money match and then both winner and loser get up, so if u have two matches then u will have to wait some time b4 u can do the other one. For the free for all tv it will be either the 2-3 losers will have to get up and leave, if 3 ppl are waiting then the 3 losers get up and let them in. There is no limit on how many times u can win and stay.

12. Plz do not pig out on pizza and soda, there has to be enough for everyone.

13. At 4:00 i am kicking everyone out! I dont care if u need 1 more second to finish im kicking u out.

We are in need of another game, we have plenty of memory cards and cubes/tvs. But we are short one smash game. Also a TV cuz now we got a tvless gamcube too.

PPL I have got msgs from saying there comin:
1. Most of DBR
2. Hyuga
3. Marthby
4. Most BPS
5. Most Teamscape
6. Isai and his 2 firends
So still no sure answer from teamscape and marthby. Remember disobey any rules and ur gone. This for fun so plz no fighting after all it is just a game.

DMH: Rich why do u keep eating my balls??
Snap: You never learn
Hero: Bushy!
Kid: Now here what u have to do to be pro like me
Kawn: Hahaha Im black
Zoap: Nope not comin back

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
ZOAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Why does the smashfest start so ****ing early, and stop so early, i guess you have your reasons, anyways i am cummin dont know if i will get there at 9 too ****ing early but i will have my cube and stuff just need to found out who is going to give me a ride probably my parents. Later

malva00

Smash Master
Are you guys ready for the smashfest?

Anyone want $5 money match? Does anyone play ssb64? I'll play you in ssb64. If someone says yes I'll bring my n64.

Zoap

Smash Master
no need isai

no need for ur n64 we have one and ssb and plenty of controllers if someone dares challenges u *shudders at the thought of playin isai in the old smash*. So i have heard that no teamscape can make it so that takes us down 5 ppl but we still got pretty close to 20 or so.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Dam Isai is going, *cries* I really wanted to play you don't know why I didn't ask at MLG... I'm missing out on some good stuff, unless someone is available to pick me up. I need some Falcon strategy! MICHAEL VICK SPEED! ask Hyuga he knows =P

Zoap

Smash Master
u cant read

pierre learn to read! he said five dollars! and the only way im hookin up the old one is if there are a free tv. so just keep it down so loud. ANYONE PLZ WE NEED A SMASH GAME!! WE ARE ONE SHORT PLZ SOMEONE VOLUTEER TO BRING ONE

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my smash game, but I have to leave early, so at the end, you'll be short one smash game.

Zoap

Smash Master
Fun smashfest

Hey Guys great smashfest. At first it was kinda hot but after that everything was good. I dont think many ppl had to wait to play which is also good. So i guess im a do some shout outs lol:
DBR: As usual at the top of ur games keep the good **** comin hope we play some more really soon.
Hyuga: Thanks so much for bringin the tv and cube. had lots of fun playin u and hope u always stay cool.
Isai: OMG u owned me wit ur shiek and had fun against ur C.F. Thx again for comin(his skin is so smooth lol pickin on my little bro)
Jeff and friends: I think it was jeff and i didnt catch the others names. Well anyways nice C.F/Marth/Fox Jeff had fun playing wit u. The guy in the yellow t-shirt, omg it was fun playin wit u and u were hella fun when u were playin wit pierre and jeff. To the C.F that played wit me hero and snap, omg ur good, was tons fun playing wit u.

I hope i didnt forget anyone!! srry if i did but im kinda pissed at the ***** dogs ****ting all over my room lol. So overall hope u guys had fun and unless something else happens wont see most of u till MLG San Diego if ur going. Thx for coming everyone hope u had fun cuz i certainly did ^^. The Zoap is out.

DMH: Rich why do u keep eating my balls??
Snap: You never learn
Hero: Bushy!
Kid: Now here what u have to do to be pro like me
Kawn: Hahaha Im black
Zoap: Nope not comin back

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
Fun smashfest!

Sheridan:your j. puff and kirby is pretty good, i like your crounching kirby.

Germ: you beat the **** out of my young link, lol, WHERES MY U.S. BOMBS GOD ****IT,LOL

Clod:Good dittos

Zel:you beat my falco in a ditto, and i almost beat your marth with my zelda , fun fun fun

Nasty:We didnt get to play WTF is your problem, j/k

BP:It was fun playing free for all

Slientspectre:Good games, your fox is good and your CF is good

Jeff:I like throwing marios fireballs on the wall, lol

Isai:Good dr.mario vs. zelda match

anyone else that i missed i love you, lol and good games

HiryuSouljah

Smash Rookie
i was the one wearing yellow american eagle.
ill post bigger reply later. pretty fun and overall pretty good because:

DBR all took turns beating me one on one

Pierre threw fireballs that bounced backwards

Im too good against SilentSpectre

I did 16% to Isai in ssb64

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Geo: I'm not doing anything over break, we should try to get some practice in once.

NOTE: Somebody has my memory card, and I have someone else's. Whoever has mine, let me know, and let's find out when we can exchange. Also I took literally like 10 minutes off your target test.

Also, whoever printed out directions to the BART station, those directions took us to a dead end in a very residential area. That was most unfortunate, but no worries. It is, as they say, all good.

Let's see,

Pierre: I watched your Zelda, it owned. I was hoping to get some more games with you. Next time.

SilentSpectre: Nice Falcon, I think I only took 2 games with Jiggs.

DBR: GG's all around, you guys are consistently awesome.

Isai: You humiliated my poor Jiggly.... I got you back though with multiple rests in that one team battle.

Thanks again to Zoap for hosting, glad I could help out with the TV, even though my uber-leet Zenith TV had massive amounts of glare when the sun was out.

Zoap

Smash Master
I think snaps got ur mem card hyuga

i will talk to him tommorow and.... i dont know maybe switch sometime lol. TEN MINUTES HOLY **** LOL he doesnt play the target test i dont think

HiryuSouljah

Smash Rookie
if i throw one would people go?
i live in Palo Alto which is almost directly in the middle of SF and SJ.

antioch too far

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
When is everyone's spring break? Mines on the 28th - April 1st. It would be nice if someone hosted a smashfest more local to S.F/Peninsula so more people could attend, including me.

GERM - any news of you holding a smashfest again?

HiryuSouljah - I'd definately go since I live close by as long as a decent amount of people attend I'll go.

Zoap

Smash Master
well depends

it depends on what day cuz our spring break out here in antioch goes from the 21st to like the 5th. Im in reno the weekend of the 26th so thats no good for me or hero(bro). Anytime between then i mite be able to get a ride there and back so most likely i would show along wit hero, snap and dmh. I dont think pierre would be aloud to go that far from home lol.

HiryuSouljah

Smash Rookie
if i threw one here can anyone reply if they are interested?

again its in palo alto, middle of SF and SJ, and right off 280 literally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom