• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, I thought about changing to Froakie but I couldn't. Once I pick a Pokemon I usually get this loyalty feeling thing that keeps me from considering others.

Anyway, news for anyone who was too lazy to check:

-Mega Venusar, Charizard, and Blastoise are a thing. All retain their original typings
-Mega Garchomp
-A new dog Pokemon, Furfrou, has customizable fur.
-Litleo's leaked evo is a fire lion, Pyroar, with gender differences.
-Tyrunt, an -actual- T-rex Pokemon, is dragon/rock
-Amaura resembles a baby Loch Ness and is rock/ice
-The revealed Mega Mewtwo is actually Mega Mewtwo Y, exclusive to the Y version, and there is another Mega Mewtwo form now revealed, Mega Mewtwo X, which is exclusive to X version
-Another cat Pokemon with very distinct male/female alt forms is revealed, Meowstic

New type stuff:
-Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon.
-Ghost types are no longer affected by moves that prevent fleeing such as Mean Look. Grass Pokémon can't be seeded or affected by moves such as SleepPowder or Stun Spore. Electric types can no longer be Paralyzed.

Also, a new website was announced, www.gottacatchemall.com, where you can register and then enter secret codes that will be around the web on Pokemon.com and Pokemon's official facebook and twitter accounts to get chances to win a 3DS XL, new Pokemon plushes, a download code for Pokemon X/Y, or unreleased English Pokemon X/Y TCG packs. The code to get into the site is XY1012

Honestly though, I'm sad about Fennekin's evo atm. I really hope she has a good final evo :x

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, Mega Blastoise is a thing now

He's going to be my Mega, even if his ability sounds like it SUCKS

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It boosts Water Pulse. You know, the move Blastoise is known for using its Pump action Hydro Cannons for.
If it's a 50% increase, Water Pulse wouldn't even be as strong as Surf. Not to mention Scald is STILL probably better

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I am excited! :D

Getting the new Pokemon blue 3ds XL. Have it on pre-order and it looks sweet. <3

I'm also on team fennikin now.

I don't have any problems with Quiladen's design, it's just that if this really is based on Rpg classes, I'd rather get the mage than the knight.

Also...I am someone who likes Braixen design. Guilty as charged. :3

Loving Furfrou. So adorable! :D

Please come faster october 12th!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even though Steel lost the resistances to Ghost and Dark, it's still a very defensive typing and seemingly a good choice against Fairy-types. Steel type moves have become more useful and Pokémon like Bisharp, Skarmory and Scizor benefit from that.

One of the features I'm looking forward to is the ability to customize your trainer/player character. Here's hoping we can get outfits based on previous player characters or other important characters like Gym Leaders, rivals or villain team costumes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first thing I was hoping for was a team rocket outfit

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that rock/ice pokemon better have some absurd stats to make up for that ****ty typing, cause seriously....it's going to feel like it's weak to everything

i think it's:
4x to fighting and steel
2x to water, grass, ground, and rock
1x to everything not mentioned
0.5x to normal, ice, flying, poison

i didn't know rock resisted poison attacks (it's based off of serebii's type chart but that doesn't seem right)

but seriously, either make it an absurd glass cannon or give it some crazy good stats to back up that ****ty defensive typing

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's got an awesome ability!

Unfortunately, people are predicting it's going to be defensive based because the T-Rex seems to be more offensive based. Usually there is one defensive and one offensive fossil pokemon.

...and it's not like there haven't been defensive based pokemon with crippling elemental weaknesses before.

I'm still more worried about Mega Blastoise's ability because it seems useless unless they give him a lot of new elemental pulse moves, which I really don't see happening.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was hoping for a Roxie type outfit, (seeing how she is my favorite gym leader), but even if it was put in the game, it would probably be female exclusive. Sad face. :(

Unfortunately, people are predicting it's going to be defensive based because the T-Rex seems to be more offensive based. Usually there is one defensive and one offensive fossil pokemon.

...and it's not like there haven't been defensive based pokemon with crippling elemental weaknesses before.

I'm still more worried about Mega Blastoise's ability because it seems useless unless they give him a lot of new elemental pulse moves, which I really don't see happening.
Which I find sad because I prefer the long neck to the T-rex...

Still waiting on my Stegosaurus Gamefreak!

Also, join the Venusaur side! We have Thick Fat!...Wait...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was hoping for a Roxie type outfit, (seeing how she is my favorite gym leader), but even if it was put in the game, it would probably be female exclusive. Sad face. :(

Which I find sad because I prefer the long neck to the T-rex...

Still waiting on my Stegosaurus Gamefreak!

Also, join the Venusaur side! We have Thick Fat!...Wait...
I actually like thick fat venuaur.

Venusaur is a big fat thing with a giant object growing from his back - That doesn't sound like a fast pokemon with me. Chlorophyll never made much sense.

Thick fat at least makes his original role, sub-seeder, better defensively based.

ALL Blastoise's ability does is increase the damage of 1 attack that Blastoise can learn (Water Pulse) and not even to the point of Surf.

Plus venusaur is getting a major boost in his defenses, while Blastoise has no (Mentioned) boosts.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Mega-pokemon get stat boost.

Water Pulse confuses the target.
Dark Pulse makes the target flinch.
Think about that for a moment.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Blastoise could pretty feasibly get all the Pulse moves this Gen to compliment is ability.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Only one of the absolute sickest abilities in the game!

...other than Mega Kangaskhan. Alas.

Still though, unless the poor 'ol Brachio has some crippling flaw, the ability to get stab from Ice moves AND moves like Facade, Body Slam, etc. is just excellent. This is definitely a poor Gen for Dragons. Poor Dragons. :(

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mega-pokemon get stat boost.

Water Pulse confuses the target.
Dark Pulse makes the target flinch.
Think about that for a moment.
And Dragon Pulse...! hurts.

The lack of footage showing Mega Blastoise shooting stuff from his massive epic back tank cannon and mecha-Squirtle arm blasters is disappoint.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I've always thought water should be SE against ice, considering the holes it makes in solid ice I break off of my freezer... but anyway. I'm hoping they do the opposite and make a water move SE against ice, too.

Speaking of, actually, I've been wondering. I honestly can't seem to choose between getting an X/Y cartridge or just downloading it. Which (cartridge or download) does everyone plan to get and why do you think it's better?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm not sure what to think of the beard

Edit: It caught me by surprise, I still think it looks awesome overall thogh

Popotheomnipotent

Smash Cadet
I've always thought water should be SE against ice, considering the holes it makes in solid ice I break off of my freezer... but anyway. I'm hoping they do the opposite and make a water move SE against ice, too.

Speaking of, actually, I've been wondering. I honestly can't seem to choose between getting an X/Y cartridge or just downloading it. Which does everyone plan to get and why do you think it's better?
I'm getting Y because of Yveltal.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Speaking of, actually, I've been wondering. I honestly can't seem to choose between getting an X/Y cartridge or just downloading it. Which does everyone plan to get and why do you think it's better?
I'm getting Y, but I'm definitely not downloading it. They released how much data it is, and it's HUGE. It would take forever to download and I'd need a new card for it

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just going to say that Tyrantrum is gorgeous.

Also, if the rumor? about it having 155 base attack, coupled with Aurorus being able to SE everything with everything...figuratively, these guys are gonna shake the meta game up a bit.

Just hoping Tyrantrum isn't TOO slow. I think it's earned a spot on my team, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want to get Pokemon Y myself. I just prefer Yvetal's look. But both legendary Pokemon are cool. I'm going with Fennekin and Squirtle. Actually, how long is that Torchic available anyway? Til January right? I might use him too, just not in the main team.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite starter of this gen is Froakie, but my favorite starter is squirtle

I might start my first game with Chespin, Squirtle and Torchic

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just going to say that Tyrantrum is gorgeous.

Also, if the rumor? about it having 155 base attack, coupled with Aurorus being able to SE everything with everything...figuratively, these guys are gonna shake the meta game up a bit.

Just hoping Tyrantrum isn't TOO slow. I think it's earned a spot on my team, though.
Fossils have way too low BST in general to do much. You just can't have something metagame shaping with rock typing and 490 BST

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If CB Rampardos in Trick Room isn't metagame shaping, I don't know what is

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Only one of the absolute sickest abilities in the game!

...other than Mega Kangaskhan. Alas.

Still though, unless the poor 'ol Brachio has some crippling flaw, the ability to get stab from Ice moves AND moves like Facade, Body Slam, etc. is just excellent. This is definitely a poor Gen for Dragons. Poor Dragons. :(
How about ice/rock being one of the worst defesnive typings ever? =P

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

First off, we shouldn't have a water type SE against ice because ice REALLY doesn't need anything else to worry about. Even if it's realistic.

Also getting X because:

1. I like the letter X better than Y
2. I like Xerneas better than Yvetal. In fact, I like the idea of a "life" Pokemon better than a "death" Pokemon.
3. I prefer the exclusives. (Mostly swirlix and Xernas).
4. Lastly...I prefer blue more than red. :p

Also, apparently, this region is going to have a lot of returning pokemon.

If we can have snorunt, roselia, and cacnea, all catchable in the same game, (That isn't diamond, pearl, or platinum,) I'd be happy.

(Before anyone ask, I don't hate gen 4. However, I feel that they do go slowly a bit making it harder to put time into it for me).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How about ice/rock being one of the worst defesnive typings ever? =P
Well, people liked to point out how Volcarona's 4x weakness to SR would be crippling, but I guess we'll have to see!

However, it's true that 4x weakness to both Bullet and Mach punch is going to hurt it a bit. Still, Im fairly sure it'll be able to find a niche.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm getting Y because of Yveltal.
I see, I'm actually getting X for Xerneas. But I'm more curious about whether you might want a cartridge vs. downloading it directly.

I'm getting Y, but I'm definitely not downloading it. They released how much data it is, and it's HUGE. It would take forever to download and I'd need a new card for it
Ahhhh, I see. x.x Probably getting a cartridge then, I have a bunch of demos I like to play on my 3DS plus a full Scibblenauts game on it already.

I want to get Pokemon Y myself. I just prefer Yvetal's look. But both legendary Pokemon are cool.
I prefer Xerneas, so that's why I'm getting X. I'm curious about whether you want to get a cartridge or get a direct download, though.

First off, we shouldn't have a water type SE against ice because ice REALLY doesn't need anything else to worry about. Even if it's realistic.

Also getting X because:

2. I like Xerneas better than Yvetal. In fact, I like the idea of a "life" Pokemon better than a "death" Pokemon.
Yeah, that does make sense, actually. XD

And I'm getting X for the same reason (Xerneas, life, and blue>red), but Swirlix is just so-so to me. I actually prefer Spritzee. However, I also prefer Mega Mewtwo Y. I'm all mixed up. :/

I'm curious, though, do you plan on getting a direct download or a cartridge, and why? :o

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, people liked to point out how Volcarona's 4x weakness to SR would be crippling, but I guess we'll have to see!

However, it's true that 4x weakness to both Bullet and Mach punch is going to hurt it a bit. Still, Im fairly sure it'll be able to find a niche.
Yeah but that niche might just be in the lower tiers :/

Also getting X because:

Also, apparently, this region is going to have a lot of returning pokemon.

If we can have snorunt, roselia, and cacnea, all catchable in the same game, (That isn't diamond, pearl, or platinum,) I'd be happy.

(Before anyone ask, I don't hate gen 4. However, I feel that they do go slowly a bit making it harder to put time into it for me).
I can't decide between the two for the most part I don't really give two ****s about the legendaries and the two confirmed exclusives other then that (clauncher and swirlix vs skrelp and spritzee) is a toss up for the most part. I know I like Swirlix more then spritzee because seriously, Swirlix is the cutest mofo I've ever seen. But I also like skrelp a bit more then clauncher. I'm going to wait until I see the full list of version exclusives...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd prefer to get the cartridge myself. I just like physical copies more. Sure you could lose the cart, but if your system breaks at least you'd have your games. Kinda had that mentality for the longest now that I think about it. I'm sure a bunch of people will prefer direct download though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, that does make sense, actually. XD

And I'm getting X for the same reason (Xerneas, life, and blue>red), but Swirlix is just so-so to me. I actually prefer Spritzee. However, I also prefer Mega Mewtwo Y. I'm all mixed up. :/

I'm curious, though, do you plan on getting a direct download or a cartridge, and why? :o

Cartridge.

While I do like downloading games from the eShop. Those are more for eShop exclusives like Harmoknight, or virtual console games like Game & Watch gallery.

I'd rather have the physical version. If I ever need a new 3ds, I don't have to worry about having to pay for it again.

I also love the feeling of putting a cartridge into a Ds. :)

It's just a feel good moment.

Are you, by any chance, getting the special 3ds XL?

I am. :D

I'm getting the blue version. Looks so awesome. <3

mood4food77

Smash Hero

ice/rock is a far worse defensive typing than bug/fire, even with the weakness to stealth rock

and of course, gamefreak is going to make this ice/rock mon a bulky sweeper even though it literally resists nothing worthwhile (so what if you resist ice, you're going to get hit by that water attack anyways), although i'm really hoping for the ridiculous offensive stats and magic guard cause of that offensive stab and the hint of it getting an ice move that's SE against water

Top Bottom