• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I'm glad that seems pretty fake. It looks like a bad recolor "'80s rocker" Charizard with that hair, not Mega.

(If that is somehow real, I'm going to be excessively disappointed. They could do so much better for a Mega Charizard.)

Mewter

Smash Master
There's no way that Mega Charizard is real.

He said in disbelief.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Fennekin gets Psybeam. Gives the Psychic/Fighting/Dark starters rumor more credibility, if it's real.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Thanks to the Game show several things were confirmed for the game.
-Riding other pokemon, like Rhyhorn.
-Mega-transform anytime you want in Battle.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Fennekin gets Psybeam. Gives the Psychic/Fighting/Dark starters rumor more credibility, if it's real.
Also on Serebii, it says it can learn Psychic, too, but so far Chespin and Froakie doesn't have dark/fighting moves. Chespin has Aerial ace, though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wi...o_unveils_title_screen,_various_game_elements

"Fire-type is confirmed to be resistant to Fairy-type attacks. Fairy types take neutral damage from Fire-type attacks."
"When the player talks with Professor Sycamore during a certain point in the game, the Professor will challenge them to a battle. The player is given a Mewtwo, which Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo."

Also, you now run by default; you hold B to walk instead.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Does anyone know for sure whether you spend a turn in battle to Mega Evolve? I sure hope that isn't the case, but...???

edit: nevermind, Wave's link answered this question - "Pokémon can use a move on the same turn as Mega Evolving+

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about that Banette and I just can't get exited over it when Pure Power Mawile probably does the same thing better.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My name in Pokemon X is going to be LanaDeyRey

It's been decided.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My name in Y is going to be Psycho

So far I'm picking Y because of exclusives

Although tbh I'll probably pick up both

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't want the soundtrack spoiled. I'm a big fan of the various Pokemon soundtracks throughout the series and would prefer to experience the music in game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've been going back and forth trying to decide names with Y. Yura/Yula, Izzy, Ilyana, etc. I already used Issy in Platinum.

What's weird is I'm getting X.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Changing cries is probably one of the worst things they could do imo. Cries are very good identifiers of Pokemon (except for a few similar ones) and are a nod to the originals... it's just... I dunno, I feel like they could've done something better with that effort, like, you know, coding Pokemon to be able to walk behind you again. It's a move that makes the new cries stick out and I doubt they are going to redo 700+ Pokemon cries to fit whatever new style they seem to be aiming for with this.

On the other hand, Mega evolutions are really nice (<3<3 MegaAmpharos), and I'll also skip hearing the soundtrack early as it spoils the experience for me in game.

Also, lawl that if someone has B, W, B2, and W2, they could get 4 shiny Dialgas right now.

Mewter

Smash Master
I love that the Pokemon are getting fully updated cries. No more scratchy clearly digital sounds!
I'm also a fan of the Pikachu anime cry if only because it's used everywhere else and Yellow was my first game.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So am I the only one here who almost never has the volume on when playing Pokemon?

Every time I turn it on I just feel like there are better things I could be wasting my ears on, like all those shows I could be watching while I run around in circles trying to figure out what the hell to do next.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watch other things while playing pokemon but I keep the volume on so I know when the battle has ended

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So am I the only one here who almost never has the volume on when playing Pokemon?

Every time I turn it on I just feel like there are better things I could be wasting my ears on, like all those shows I could be watching while I run around in circles trying to figure out what the hell to do next.
For every battle? There are some pretty good music tracks during certain battles. At least, in my opinion.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How much you guys wanna bet we'll finally get the Dragon Eeveelution to accompany Sylveon? Now's a better time than ever. Go ahead GF, round out the special-type evolutions with Gen 6!

Fire/Electric/Water
Psychic/Dark
Ice/Grass
Fairy/Dragon

It's a no-brainer! Each eeveelution group possesses one or more types that are strong against the others in said group. Fairy/Dragon accomplishes this.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i feel we would get a ghost eevee before a poison eevee (i never understood why ghost was physical and dragon was special)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Speaking only thematically, for I am not well-learned in the metagame and this was a spur-of-the-moment idea, I would reconstitute the typing as follows:

PHYSICAL
  • Normal
  • Fighting
  • Flying
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Poison
  • Bug
  • Ground
  • Steel
SPECIAL
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Electric
  • Psychic
  • Dark
  • Light
  • Ghost
  • Dragon
  • Fairy
Having both Ground, Rock, Water, and Ice is kind of baffling. More current Rock-type Pokémon could be accepted as Ground than vice versa. Fire, Ice, and Electric represent three forms of energy, so Ice supersedes its relation to water as a simple form.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know it's a small thing, but one thing I'm really liking is how more appreciating and congratulating the players are to their Pokemon.

It's the little things that make me really excited for this game. :D

Mewter

Smash Master
The game looks really good and polished. I only have a problem with how empty it looks sometimes (first screenshots of the town on Route 3, the battle background here).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The game looks really good and polished. I only have a problem with how empty it looks sometimes (first screenshots of the town on Route 3, the battle background here).
The battle backgrounds before weren't exactly a master piece but I do see your point. However, I am still fine with it.

Top Bottom