• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
ERMAGERD A POKERMERN THAT WAS INEVITABLE GOING TO BE RENDERED TO 3D GOT RENDERED TO 3D ERMAGERD EMAGERD
=P

I can't be excited to see my 3rd favorite pokemon in 3d, (In a main series pokemon game)? Besides, you're acting like I didn't know that.

My post was more implied like this: Emolga in 3d. (He looks good!) Yes! :D

I was just happy he looked good.

It's really not fair to make assumptions. :/

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I can't be excited to see my 3rd favorite pokemon in 3d, (In a main series pokemon game)? Besides, you're acting like I didn't know that.

it just seems like an unimportant thing to point out even if it is one of your favorites, but carry on kind sir/madame (what pokemon doesn't look good? =P)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

To be fair, I am going to be exactly like this once I see Lugia in X/Y. XD

Also, I just realized the plight of all the talented Pokemon sprite artists that are now out of a job

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My first and second favorite were not only shown in 3D, but recceived Mega forms as well

Blastoise and Ampharos

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
To be fair, I am going to be exactly like this once I see Lugia in X/Y. XD

Also, I just realized the plight of all the talented Pokemon sprite artists that are now out of a job
3D was a change they needed but I will always miss sprites :/
My first and second favorite were not only shown in 3D, but recceived Mega forms as well

Blastoise and Ampharos
Well I'm glad you're happy. Just allow me to cry in the corner because I am the hipster trainer and nobody gives a **** about the pokemon I like... Oh well... But... If they're going to give a mega to fossil pokemon... Omastar and Kabutops would likely be the first ones they would go to... >:3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
apparently no 6th gen mega pokes....kind of disappointing

i want a MegaAerodactyl with improved attack and able to get Head Smash and Brave Bird using Rock Head

but as we know, gamefreak doesn't wanna make the badass pokes from 1st gen all good and stuff

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, Game Freak would never buff awesome Pokemon like Ninetales, Venusaur, Nidoking, Alakazam, Cloyster, or Dragonite

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah, Game Freak would never buff awesome Pokemon like Ninetales, Venusaur, Nidoking, Alakazam, Cloyster, or Dragonite
You know, Buffing the one hoenn starter that didn't need it is WAY more important. But seriously dude, Venasaur got a mega. I think it's kind of stupid, but he has it :p

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that Raichu and Dragonite get Mega Evolutions.
I'm totally pumped for Pokemon X! I pre-ordered it months ago. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mechanic-changes-155907/

5. The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
So, does that mean:

1) EV's don't split with EXP sharing like previous generations

2) Everyone in party is going to end up having EV's even when it's not good for them

3) Pokemon battles no longer give you EV's, only special training does

4) The whole EV system has been revamped completely to go along with special training

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, when I read that it resorts to EXP ALL, I skipped the part where it had to be held to be used since EXP ALL wasn't a held item

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey guys, new u.s. commercial dealing more with the region than the pokemon:

Boy...does the running speed seem more slow in 3d?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason I don't want Froakie's evolution to be water/ fighting but I'm not sure why.

I wonder if they'll give him a bunch of kick attacks such as Hi Jump Kick

mood4food77

Smash Hero
wouldn't that almost break them, they're still the best pure walls in the game (basically making every non-fighting special move NFE)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This was "Leaked" on a German site

People theorize it might be a fan art interpretation of the rumor, if not real

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
pretty sure the owner of the ITALIAN webpage admitted it to being fake earlier today

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if it was an Italian website the people on Serebii were wrong.

And for it being fake, the line art is quite good, but the coloring looks rushed around the shadows

Edit: Wow Pokebeach forums suck

People say things are confirmed/ true based on rumor/ assumption rather than fact

Such as: "Oorotto is a single stage non-evolving pokemon so it can't be the pokemon revealed tomorrow. It looks like one to me so it is"

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah it's some really good art

still fake though, which is kinda unfortunate because it looks cool

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just preordered my copy of Pokemon Y...

I truly believe this Gen has the potential to be the best one since Gen 2.

Needless to say I can't wait.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think Gen 6 will run circles around 5.

Not to discredit 5 it was also great its just that Gen 6 is looking to push the series forward in so many ways I have a hard time seeing how it doesn't end up being the best since 2.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
apparently no 6th gen mega pokes....kind of disappointing

i want a MegaAerodactyl with improved attack and able to get Head Smash and Brave Bird using Rock Head

but as we know, gamefreak doesn't wanna make the badass pokes from 1st gen all good and stuff
Aerodactyl is already nasty enough with its high speed, but it is in desperate need of a better Flying-type attack.

please let the togepi line be fairy....please let it be true
That's not exactly possible, as Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying-type Pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What possibly could the evolution of Honedge be?

Why not go the route of diglet

Two swords are better than one

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Personally, I think we got a gen better than second right afterward, and I don't think anything's beaten that one, but we can debate that topic until the cows come home.

The MegaEvolutions seem to me like evidence that they're trying too hard to add new stuff to the game, but that may just be me. I'm not saying MegaEvolutions in and of themselves are a problem -- I'll probably just pretend they don't exist and move on with my life -- but it seems to me, particularly with cases like Absol and Mawile who deserved real evolutions, that they indicate an odd creative choice that I don't see as particularly useful or logical.

Once the actual game comes out, though, I may find that it feels more natural than I expect it will, so I'm still not passing judgment. I expect that they'll be great games regardless, it's just a question of the degree of greatness. (I will admit that I'm probably thinking far more cynically than I would, if it weren't for the fact that I've been talking to one of my friends who didn't like fifth gen and has become extremely cynical of sixth since the reveal of MegaEvolutions.)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Aerodactyl is already nasty enough with its high speed, but it is in desperate need of a better Flying-type attack.

That's not exactly possible, as Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying-type Pokemon.

if aerodactyl had head smash and brave bird, it would be one of the best sweepers in the game being able to sweep with 3 high powered moves, it's high attack, and it's ridiculously high speed, while also being able to stop set-up sweepers

the togepi line does not look normal type to me, and making it fairy actually increases it's competitive value a lot, just like staraptor, togekiss' normal/flying typing is the only thing holding it back from being OU

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Doublade just became one of my favorites of this gen. Loving the whole coat of arms theme it has going. In battle it probably looks like an invisible person's holding/attacking with them with the shield/sheath strapped on the back which fits the ghost typing very well. I also just noticed the sheath purposefully makes a fake mouth. Just an awesome concept and design overall.

I'm gonna have a really rough time picking a team there's a **** ton of Pokes I'm digging this time around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Evolutions are Fairy/Flying

ez
That still seems quite dumb though, since before the Magnemite family became the Electric/Steel-type, the family first started out as a pure Electric-type.

I don't think that they'd make older Pokemon be part Fairy-type, unless they never had a secondary typing during the 5th generation. And since Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying-type Pokemon, they're out of the question.

if aerodactyl had head smash and brave bird, it would be one of the best sweepers in the game being able to sweep with 3 high powered moves, it's high attack, and it's ridiculously high speed, while also being able to stop set-up sweepers
Let's see...

Brave Bird
Earthquake
Head Smash
Crunch

That would be one nasty Choice Band moveset if Aerodactyl's ability is Rock Head. Sadly, if Head Smash and Brave Bird are both egg moves, then Aerodactyl can't have both moves at the same time; it would only be able to get Head Smash from the Archen family, which doesn't learn Brave Bird at all.

Of course, this could be resolved if any 6th generation Pokemon, who are in the Flying egg group, can get one of those moves as a level-up move, while the other is an egg move.

the togepi line does not look normal type to me, and making it fairy actually increases it's competitive value a lot, just like staraptor, togekiss' normal/flying typing is the only thing holding it back from being OU
I doubt that it would help that much, as Togekiss really isn't all that fast when compared to most other OU Pokemon.

At least Staraptor has manageable speed, access to Brave Bird and Double-Edge, and the Reckless ability, to slaughter a lot of Pokemon before it eventually falls. And having Close Combat keeps it from getting walled by the Rock-types and Steel-types.

Top Bottom