• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

dandan

Smash Lord
if this guys are half the level peek is, i think i will just quit.
no offense, but it is hard to expect high cerebral level of play from guys that have problems figuring out how to download and unzip pj.

i hope you prove me wrong though, would always be nice to have new good players, and you live in NY which means you can also play with us europeans.

however, i have a suspicious feeling you will stop playing online after 2-3 times.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
battlecow has served as a friend to me than more than anyone on here. i will playy him firstt for that reason. my win/loss to him will resemble nothing of the community. i look at you guys as individuals.
but starking, who did you have in mind as the representitive?

dandan, no offense taken. if your from europe ill be happy to play you sometime.

and aboutt thinking im going to leave after 2 or 3 games- if i loose (to anyone, not specifically battlecow), im the kinda guy that wont stop playing untill i have what it takes to rematch them and win. saying that, i have no intentions of leaving smashboards or playing online any time soon.

also, question.

when people are like "kero's a troll". do you guys mean than i actuallyy play, but i suck and im ****ing around or are you guys implying that i probably dont even play lol.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
characters like dk kirby and yoshi, theyre good, but not that good, at least not to me.
You may not know how to play with some characters, but it doesn't mean they're not good.
the tier list means nothing to me.
LOL at this being "The New Tier List - Thread"

Rather than bothering to explain for the billionth time why Ness isn't good, I'd recommend people wait for Diablo to get destroyed online/at Apex (if he really is legit).

You'll see, dude.
^^^ This.
For Diablo and those who claim that Ness should be higher on the list.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
The Fact that i may nott know how to play with some characters doesent mean theyre not good.. hmm. intresting, i was unaware you had a full inventory of what characters i can and can not use?

do me a favor and cut the **** with the false acusations. you might give someone who doesent know you- a kid like me, the wrong idea.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
when people are like "kero's a troll". do you guys mean than i actuallyy play, but i suck and im ****ing around or are you guys implying that i probably dont even play lol.
They are saying that you might be some guy who doesn't play and is just messing with people in the forum by wasting their time. Doesn't seem like you are to me, though one can never be sure until you guys get online and actually start playing. Hope you guys are for real, we could always use more players!

If your 10 days turns into 20 turns into 30, then I might get suspicious though.

On topic: ness the worst bro. Jigglypuff should be higher imo. Too bad there aren't any boss puff mains like there are ness mains. I guess puff is a bit boring sometimes. Also link > lugi. Are we ever gonna finish that matchup chart and redo this list.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Kero, you can't say an entire tiers list, thought upon by tens of people over years is bull****.
Even if you're half as good as you say, it's common logic to at least assume all these other people have been playing as long if not longer than you and that all they say isn't just bullocks.

Olikus

Smash Champion
On topic: ness the worst bro. Jigglypuff should be higher imo. Too bad there aren't any boss puff mains like there are ness mains. I guess puff is a bit boring sometimes. Also link > lugi. Are we ever gonna finish that matchup chart and redo this list.
I disagree with both. at the highest level of play puff gets aproaching problems vs allmost every caracther. She even has a hard time vs samus!

and on hyrule only, sure link should be better than luigi. But with gimpland and peach avaible, luigi gets more steady overall than link imo.

Yeah I allso guess it will take forever to finnish a new list.:p But it should be done since the old one has some flaws in it. (Like pika not in his own tire LOOOOL)

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
ohh mann. i dont think the tier list is bull****. i said it means nothing to me because i beleive that regardless of a characters spot on the list, all that will avail, will. what i mean is, you cant assume a pika is going to beat a samus everytime.

and clubadubba, if my ten days turns to twenty than thirty, i will post a video of me and diablo playing or something. because its unfair to keep you guys in suspence that long.

actuallyy, if i dont play battlecow by november first(which is completely redicolous in terms of time), than ill post a video of us playying.

and sangoku, good for you. its allways good to see someone defend another.

dandan

Smash Lord
setting up online should take under 5 mins, the real wait is for the adapter it seems.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
ahah 5 minutes for you guys. computers dont come natural to me, im having trouble with the rom and feel like banging out the whole process right now.

does anyone want to video chat or go on aim or something to help me out? it gets really annoying checking for new posts.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It may have been a typo, but I was laughing a the fact that the tier list has probably been mulled over by, well, tens of people.
My bad, I thought you were laughing at the way it was worded. I still don't get the funny part, but that's not important.

I feel I have more insight about the game than my skills. So to some level I would say yes.
I mean, it is really hard to say. What are you basing the highest level on? Bear's or Fays' level? They might be the best around here, but it doesn't mean the way they play is the highest possible level. I don't think you can judge videos much either.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I mean, it is really hard to say. What are you basing the highest level on? Bear's or Fays' level? They might be the best around here, but it doesn't mean the way they play is the highest possible level. I don't think you can judge videos much either.
Well you dont make a tier list suggestion about the highest possible play, because that isnt known yet. No players are on insane TASlevel. So Im talking about high level play that are known. And what I meant with that, was puff gets aproaching problems, much more than on lower level play.

And on gameplay disussions you can learn allot from videos. You shouldnt judge the level of the player by videos. But you can deffinatley learn allot about spacing, teckskills, creativity and mindgames.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
He thought you meant to say 'tons of people', an expression that simply means a rather large sum, where you typed 'tens of people' (and hopefully meant it), a more accurate but less conventional way to put it.

Mahie

Smash Lord
He thought you meant to say 'tons of people', an expression that simply means a rather large sum, where you typed 'tens of people' (and hopefully meant it), a more accurate but less conventional way to put it.
I know of both ways and did mean to say tens, yeah. It's just that he made me have doubts on whether I was correct or not.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, AA is right, but usually that phrase winds up as "tens of thousands" or "tens of hundreds" and simply "tens of" is a little bare, and whenever I've seen it used, it usually implies mockingly/jestingly that the sum is pitifully small, when it should/could be bigger.

Or something.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I dunno; point is, there's usually an addendum to the "tens of..." phrase.

Now that you mention it, I've never heard "hundreds" used either, haha. I may have used it once or twice because I'm weird and like to say, for example, "thirteen hundred", rather than "one thousand three hundred".

Ten hundred just sounds funny. But it still technically makes sense!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I dunno; point is, there's usually an addendum to the "tens of..." phrase.

Now that you mention it, I've never heard "hundreds" used either, haha. I may have used it once or twice because I'm weird and like to say, for example, "thirteen hundred", rather than "one thousand three hundred".

Ten hundred just sounds funny. But it still technically makes sense!
thirteen hundred is standard. tens of hundreds is not.

kys

Smash Ace
Even so, It's not like your individual match will change anything. I don't think people will ever realize what a tier list stands for, lol.
I know, aren't people so stupid? Who but you could ever have the intelligence to understand something so complicated as a tier list? It must be pretty cool being smarter than everyone else.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Knowing the 64 boards, you probably have an infraction coming your way :D

Probably gonna get one too <_<

The Star King

Smash Hero
64 mods don't infract me enough

Pick up the slack kids

EDIT: On second thought, the Melee mods don't infract me either

It must be my lovable charm

ballin4life

Smash Hero
backroom just did a thread where everyone sent in their own opinion of the tier list and the results were tallied up. for some reason people don't want it to be "official" though.

Top Bottom