• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new tier list discussion

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Thats pretty sad, Ness went down 3 ranks xP. I've been thinking we started finding good ATs, and really good ness players started showing up. I guess ness isn't good enough to the rest of the cast yet xP. What do you guys think?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Not enough Ness mains going to tournaments. I suppose I could be blamed for that in a way. But it won't matter for me soon enough since my life is eventually going to stop revolving around games. Nothings changed as far as I'm concerned. Did Sonic learn a bunch of new ATs? I doubt it. I mean look at where he's at now.

Pikachu got higher I'm sure because of his recently discovered CG. But again, the way I look at it, nothing has really changed in each characters metagame, only tournament results. Yeah, the results are pretty upsetting, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
pikachu and wario are quite understandable. so is PT(lolol squirtle xD). but sonic!? thats totally off, he should be like below ganon.
I personally think Wolf doesn't belong either, with his bad recovery. But maybe thats only because I have a easy time since I use ness, maybe it's hard to fight him with other characters.
but yea, i would be more satisfied if like ness and sonic are switched.
offtopic:
oh yea i forgot to post, in the recent hawaii tourney(SBHM XI, May 31) i got 7th x]

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good job! I love kennypu. :laugh: Yeah, I have no idea how Sonic got way up there. But they're going to have to continue doing what they're doing to keep him where he's at. I mean that's a major jump in the tier list for a character.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
Woah.... Sonic below Gannon ( you may be somewhat kidding) but i get what your saying. The fact that Sonic should be REALLY low.... However, have you ever seen Malcolm or Espy play?? or 3000?? they are sooooo goood. expecially Malcolm and Espy.

And yeah it sucks to see our Mother boys remain so low, guess we got more work to do.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sorry to say it, but Sonic mains of any kind don't impress me with their running around. They tend to rely heavily on their mindgames. Once you figure out how to deal with Sonic, then he's not as tough as he seems.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Woah.... Sonic below Gannon ( you may be somewhat kidding) but i get what your saying. The fact that Sonic should be REALLY low.... However, have you ever seen Malcolm or Espy play?? or 3000?? they are sooooo goood. expecially Malcolm and Espy.

And yeah it sucks to see our Mother boys remain so low, guess we got more work to do.
yea i was kidding xD. We need to start finding more stuff. I've been looking into the new footstool ATs(the ones adapted from shieks bair combo).

Uffe said:
Sorry to say it, but Sonic mains of any kind don't impress me with their running around. They tend to rely heavily on their mindgames. Once you figure out how to deal with Sonic, then he's not as tough as he seems.
Yes and no, I agree half way xD. I do agree that, at points, sonics are easy to deal with if you know what you are doing. The thing is, a good sonic know how to adapt to playstyle very quickly, making it harder and harder to fight them. With all the ATs, and hardcore mindgaming they use, I wouldn't say its easy to beat them.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Can I laugh at the Sonic hate?

Sonic has "heavy mindgame reliance" because Sonic has a bunch of options, fakeouts, and stuff like that. And saying once you figure out how to deal with Sonic is kinda like saying once I figure out how to grab Ness or once I figure out how to stop ur PKT while u recover. It's just one of those things.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
You need to Doop Walk and Taunt more.

Doop Walking into PK Flash? That's FUNK right there.
fixed.

On topic, I looked at some sonic videos because I had time, and although I knew it already, I was once again amazed what a good sonic player can do. we need to step it up a lot xP

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I also have not been going to tournaments either. College life is getting really busy. Though I've been playing with shaky to try to get myself better, since he's doing great in tourneys in sfl I figure he can help me if anything.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Not enough Ness mains going to tournaments.
Yes... basically. I wish i could go to more, but there haven't been many that i was able to go to and were in Illinois somewhere (there are almost no tourneys over here! I went to one of play n trade and CoB, but all others had conflicts). We need more tourneys over here!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Lack of tourney results are the bane of Ness. We lost Masky and Ref in the last 6 months as Ness players. Their spots haven't been filled quite yet, although we do still have people like Shaky, ViceGrip, etc., just to name a few.

Nothing to be done about it, I guess. I'm sure people who don't attend many tournaments would if they could (or wanted to). Those of us who do just gotta keep improving.

Keep in mind though, that no matter what the list says, Ness is who he is.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Lack of tourney results are the bane of Ness. We lost Masky and Ref in the last 6 months as Ness players. Their spots haven't been filled quite yet, although we do still have people like Shaky, ViceGrip, etc., just to name a few.

Nothing to be done about it, I guess. I'm sure people who don't attend many tournaments would if they could (or wanted to). Those of us who do just gotta keep improving.

Keep in mind though, that no matter what the list says, Ness is who he is.
Two of the higher up ness players are gone? NO!!

I hope i can start improving quickly, but i need more tourneys to go to. I've only been to two tourneys, my first one resulting in 25th place and my second one in 17th. both of those i lost by epic failure. (pkt2 narrowly missing the edge, accidentally thinking my opponent was dead and not spiking him as he returned to the stage, TRIPPING!!!) I could have been at least 17th in the first and 13th in the second, but then again i can't do anything to change that; i just made some dumb mistakes. I've fixed a couple of flaws in my game recently, but now I NEED TO FIND TOURNEYS I CAN GO TO!!! There aren't any upcoming ones in Illinois (that i know of).

ness should be above the E tier... I dont know how he dropped so much, but he did. we can change that...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
You live in Illinois? I think Dajayman lives there. You oughta PM him or something and ask about which tournaments he attends. There might be some closer than you think.

Also don't forget to check the Tournament Listings/Regional Zones forums frequently.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If I go to tournaments, I will CP Peach, Lucas, and possibly Lucario with Ness to see if I can get him any rep. Might not be too much, but it's better than no-Ness at all...

I really want some tourneys.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Well guys, just like you said, the Ness' mains need to go to more tourneys. I believe Ness has a good potencial! Try calling people to join the Ness! Advertise! XD

I'm trying to do my part here in Brazil (Where there are fewer Nesses than in USA).

And one little question, can I add some tournaments I went here? Or they can't be counted in the tournament rankings?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
He dropped 3 ranks, but to me it looks like he didn't move anywhere. :laugh: It's just that others moved up. But remember people will underestimate Ness and have bad matchup experience with him. It's not all bad.

I hope that Sonic hate is done in here. Sonic deserved to be higher IMO, I've seen what he can do at full potential. O_o

Shaky

Smash Ace
I'm going to make him Mid Tier by the release of the next Tier list. Just wait and see :)

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Ness' new tier list placing disappoints me. We need some more tournament representation!

I wish I could go to tournaments, but I can pretty much only go to ones close to me (can't wait for that circuit coming to Ann Arbor in August...), and I'd probably get killed anyways. I think the only good kinda-known probably not person that I've played was dingdong, who I am proud of not getting three stocked by.

:lick:

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
The fact that my parents hate video games, I can't drive, and I live in SoCal probably doesn't help me out getting to tournaments and such. And the fact that I wouldn't make it out of pools isn't so great either.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm going to make him Mid Tier by the release of the next Tier list. Just wait and see :)
I need to play you again sometime. Since I played like total crap that one night and the input lag on my end definitely didn't help. I didn't get to see you play at your best.

But yeah, Ness did drop a bit. Not as much as certain characters, but I was a bit surprised to see Mario above him.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
You live in Illinois? I think Dajayman lives there. You oughta PM him or something and ask about which tournaments he attends. There might be some closer than you think.

Also don't forget to check the Tournament Listings/Regional Zones forums frequently.
Yeah, I've actually played dajay a couple of times. He was at both of the last tourneys I went to. He's fairly good, but I really haven't played him in a while, and he's most likely gotten better since the last tourney. now that I've looked around I saw on the listing that there's another tourney in Chicago for clash of brokenness. It's just that these tourneys over here seem so few and far between when in other parts of the country there are tons going on. Thanks for the help btw. I hope I can assist with ness' tier ranking and help all the ness mains in bringing him up for the next tier list.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
The only thing I am not really getting is that lucas is higher than ness.
imo most lucasses have the same playstyle. Ness is different.
But yeah what can you do about it.
I am probably attending the biggest tourney in my country this year.
Representing ness.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I am not really getting is that lucas is higher than ness.
imo most lucasses have the same playstyle. Ness is different.
But yeah what can you do about it.
I am probably attending the biggest tourney in my country this year.
Representing ness.
I personally think lucas players have more diversity in play style then us ness users. they can be pkf spammers, spam fsmash(since theirs is so much faster -.-), people who constantly go for spikes, etc.

smash64

Smash Champion
im sorry me fellow main ness players i have always main ness but some one talked to me into using snake and yes im on the top 10 players in Ohio but i have decided to go back to my old main and i promise every one of you that i will till be in the the top 10 players with Ness and hopefully Ness gets a little more respect

Top Bottom