• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

Smash Ace
RIP dog doodoo dungeon of doom.

RIP one of the only sources of melee smashfests.

Both of OR's best players used to live near me. Now, neither do, and I'm one of those kids that's out of the way of everything. </3

Surreal

Smash Ace
PR's are determined by the results of multiple tournaments, so technically even LOSt contributes to it.

We need more players before we can have a real PR anyways.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
RIP dog doodoo dungeon of doom.

RIP one of the only sources of melee smashfests.

Both of OR's best players used to live near me. Now, neither do, and I'm one of those kids that's out of the way of everything. </3
Me and Evan live next to you, isn't that enough? :p

So apparently I have work this Thursday so Thursday will not work unless it was early in the day for a few hours only, like 12-5 or something. Does that work for anyone?

Surreal

Smash Ace
I'm close if I have a vehicle lol. Since I don't though, it's an hour bus ride to your place and a two hour bus ride to his place lol.

Once again, I can't come Thursday since I have school then. It's all good though since Alex was wanting to come to my place sometime and play melee, possibly with erk. A couple more people could come, but we'd need an extra tv and setup, and the room would be a little cramped.

keeper

Smash Champion
Me and Evan live next to you, isn't that enough? :p

So apparently I have work this Thursday so Thursday will not work unless it was early in the day for a few hours only, like 12-5 or something. Does that work for anyone?
I was going to crash at my friend's and get some donuts with him at about 3 when another gets out of school. The rest of the weekend I'll be plowing the CRAP out of a massive paper.

keeper

Smash Champion
Alright well we'll just have to scrap melee for this week. I will try to get a good date soon.
Alright. ^^

Oregon should have a Power Ranking tourney soon.
Any OR PR is weird because we have so many partially active/inactive people. We have people that just never show up that are good, like Loop and Bart. Not to mention we don't really have a lot of consistent events going on. Like bi-weeklies, or even monthlies. My last tournament before Saturday was back in August, I think.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I agree we should start a PR even if it is top 5 only simply because it encourages players to improve and even get back into the scene.

keeper

Smash Champion
1. Juce
2. Keeper
3. Artifice
4. Binx
5. Cactuarz

Everyone else: lolusuckgetgoodscrub
Jesse better know I'm out to get him in the most benign way possible, but he basically never checks the boards.

My PR list would just be honorable mentions. Bart, Jesse, and Loop are so hard to get a hold of.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Everyone should come to OSU Smashfest 6 at Civil War LAN 3, it is going to be HUGE!

Edit: I thought Loop was Washington?

Binx

Smash Master
we need another tournament soon, I wanna get up to second on that list XD

Anyone know when those tourney matches are gonna be uploaded, I wanna figure out what I did right and wrong vs Peach lol. Such a weird matchup

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
juce/me come up to almost every tourney, we're not that hard to get a hold of haha =p. We would have been at lost if inventory wasn't yesterday =c **** wal mart. I want to play vs binx/artiface if you think they can beat me, my pride won't let me accept that =p

Also Keeper, MM next time i see you, i've gotten better =D

keeper

Smash Champion
juce/me come up to almost every tourney, we're not that hard to get a hold of haha =p. We would have been at lost if inventory wasn't yesterday =c **** wal mart. I want to play vs binx/artiface if you think they can beat me, my pride won't let me accept that =p

Also Keeper, MM next time i see you, i've gotten better =D
Jesse's a hard to get a hold of, you aren't. I got campier.

You never gave me what I won from the commodity match.

If I recall, Loop said he lives around Beaverton.

Everyone should come to OSU Smashfest 6 at Civil War LAN 3, it is going to be HUGE!

Edit: I thought Loop was Washington?
When is it?

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
As awesome as that sounds, I can't. My brother is coming in from the army and we're gonna hang out and stuff.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Yeah I was proud of Oregon's Melee scene showing it's true colors and popping up. Great to see a still strong following in the game. Of course I was glad for Brawl's turnout too, but Melee surprised me a little, really went beyond to disprove the mild stereotype of being semi-dead in attendance.

I'm still loling a little (although I can't say the same about my wallet <_<) about my car being impounded + the craziness that happened (like half of Brawl's singles pot for 1st going into "Houdini's Wallet") for my first true TO experience (in prior LOST tournaments I pretty much just found the venue and helped get matches going, didn't organize bracket much), it was a learning experience for me definitely. Glad everyone enjoyed it.

btw I found an extra copy of Melee and Wii remote, some of you might want to check to see if you still have these things.

Edit: t1mmy said the wiimote is probably his, but the extra melee disk's owner is still to be determined.
So glad the Melee scene is still around. <3 u guyz

keeper

Smash Champion
Yeah I was, I didnt enter singles but My partner and I got third in teams.

Also Portland should begin having a consistent monthly melee tournament:)
Oh, you were one of the dudes I was playing friendly doubles when I was with Scott. I didn't do doubles since my teammate wasn't there. Were you the Falcon or the Puff? Stupid question after remembering your avatar. Though I don't remember if you were the one with long hair or not.

Also, kind of old, but I noticed not a lot of people really apply this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXUsV-U31mA
It's relevant for spacies too in the sense of even if an exact horizontal fireanimalnamehere guarantees a ledgegrab, you can speed it up and get a potential punish faster. For Sheik, it means not getting edgeguarded by things like dsmash and what not. I noticed it when watching Binx's Sheik against Artifice. While not exactly bad, just something I noticed (I'm totally aware that you play ICs and I never could, Binx).

It's pretty weird to think about.

Here's a mock-up image that I did.

Square is the stage, circle is the character model, and the arrow is the path you'll take.

The second angle is roughly 15º downward (or 195º, whichever suits you). I don't know that a GCN controller reacts to more than a 27.5º angle though, as each increment on the joystick side is every 45º and you can do sharp Fox ones that are half that). Though I've never fully tested that. Either way, up to a certain distance an angle of this magnitude will allow you do sweetspot the ledge instead of doing the full Firefox/bird. It's pretty much forcing an interruption of the recovery move to make oneself less vulnerable and to make it an overall faster. It's creating a double-edged sword that has both sides on the side you're attacking with and coating the side closest to you in neosporin.

keeper

Smash Champion
What the ****, you guys, why have we never thought of this before?
We have. It's just hard when we all live with our parents and don't have a car and no one likes driving anywhere because they'd have to pick like 4 people up to have a turnout bigger than 10.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Me/jason/juce probably won't make the next lost, but we'll be at the OSU tourney on april 30'th instead. I like the corvallis venue a lot, it's closer, and i haven't been there in forever =). Portland should show up since it should have a really nice turnout =o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom