• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser

Smash Lord
Brawl+ is pretty cool, but I would never play it competitively over melee. In my mind it's a "Brawl but fun" mod.

Kinda plays like a drastically less-technical version of melee; every aerial auto cancels basically, it still has the forgiving ledge physics and easy grapple recoveries. you can dash dance :D. the bit of hit stun and faster falling speed make some combos possible. honestly if you have brawl it's worth getting, even just for casual play, because its pretty well-polished. also, the ability to add your own music is pretty sick.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
http://Brawlplus.net

Go there and look at the install guide, it's really really easy you just need an SD card and 15 minutes of your time.

Also Balanced Brawl is too conservative with their changes to ever be truly balanced.

EDIT: By the way, I see Brawl+ in the same way I see DoTA, a mod, but still able to be taken seriously because it's polished and continually updated.

Really you can have a competitive community for any game as long as it's competitive and fun, so don't let it being a mod stop you. On the East Coast and in Canada there are real tournaments for the game, although it has yet to really catch on in the WC. What I do is just set up a side tourney with a low entry fee for people who have extra time and such and slowly get people introduced to it.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I know that it's impossible to have a game with different characters balanced, but I like it because it's guaranteed to make my low tiers <3 better. Brawl+ is a little chaotic. Also bbrawl doesn't need to hack the wii, and I still like buying my wiiware.

keeper

Smash Champion
I know that it's impossible to have a game with different characters balanced, but I like it because it's guaranteed to make my low tiers <3 better. Brawl+ is a little chaotic. Also bbrawl doesn't need to hack the wii, and I still like buying my wiiware.
I'd use Pichu more if he didn't hurt himself.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Let's get a cool smashfest going this week. Jesse and I are free Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday....Oregon..come! (in metaknight voice)

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
We should have smashfests every Thursday. I might be able to smash today if you guys are down. I'd probably have to just bus out there tho.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Who's going to ROM2?

aka

What's Thxgiving look like for you guys?
I wanna do something locally, soonish.

And, soonish is a real word according to Chrome spell check.

debaser

Smash Lord
that's cuz chrome knows what's up
EMBRACE THE FUTURE
cuz is prolly a word too
and prolly
these are glorious times, my friends

keeper

Smash Champion
Who's going to ROM2?

aka

What's Thxgiving look like for you guys?
I wanna do something locally, soonish.

And, soonish is a real word according to Chrome spell check.
I'll probably have some family dinner that I don't want to do but have to do, the rest of the weekend I imagine is free though.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Juce and Peach Masta are without internet at the moment so if you need to get in touch with them phone is really the best way to do that atm.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah like Infinitora said. Jesse and I don't have internet at the house right now. SO we have to go to the library if we want to use internet. Which sucks big nuts. When is everyone free to smash this week. We can't smash Monday or Wednesday for what I know right now. Sooooo post and Infinitora you should text Jesse who is available to smash when. I'll also check in in like a few days or something haha

keeper

Smash Champion
I can't imagine I'll be doing anything Friday through Saturday. I'm supposed to go have dinner Thursday, but I really don't like that holiday...

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Leftovers ftw.
Toasted Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy and crannberries sammich.

EDIT: What keeper said, minus the part about being a thanksgiving hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom