• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Hey, if you guys want a fun character to play, pick up Yoshi. He makes cool sounds, has cool, wierd quirks, and can kill (theoretically) several characters at 0% with dtilt -> ledgehog if they don't have a jump. You know you want to kill Falco at 0%. I cry for joy every time I get that gimp. Still don't want to main Yoshi? check theese out then:

Yoshi techs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtYPiWzCWE

Yoshi shield mind****ing: (watch the second one in related videos if you like)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGd_MPsAsvc

Yoshi combos?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC78TWtm83k&feature=related

Leffen being a sex-machine/Yoshi-badass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOzrppvbvHk

More combos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPfP_a6HBQ&feature=related

... now you all need to main Yoshi.

Yoshi is MK.

Yoshi is 21 in the tier list, because he beats all other characters at Blackjack.

Yoshi.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Jonny, I already played you with my Yoshi, with regards to that match I am not interested in money matching you yet. It is worth noting however that I have gotten significantly better since then, and am still improving, so maybe some day. I also like Pikachu, but he is not god tear. Maybe if Pikachu started eating protein and built muscle, insteqad of just sweets and ketchup.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Is anybody actually intersted in going to the eastern oregon tournament this weekend?
I dont think Ryan and I are. Its too deep and theres no real way to know how big it'll be. We are already spending a lot of money on Manifest and there are other smash related things going on at the same time. PLUS- we dont know who all is going.

If Foos doesn't go I dont give a **** about it. <----How everything smash related works for me.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I dont think Ryan and I are. Its too deep and theres no real way to know how big it'll be. We are already spending a lot of money on Manifest and there are other smash related things going on at the same time. PLUS- we dont know who all is going.

If Foos doesn't go I dont give a **** about it. <----How everything smash related works for me.
If a woman invites you to smash in her room, but Foos does not go, will you give zero ****s?

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Adechrist MM me moreeeeeee
Maybe... You're the only falcon I ever play so I'm pretty bad at the match up. I'd rather not just give you money, but I definitely want to play your falcon more in friendlies!
Btw, I'll money match your Jiggs.

EDIT:
2/3) Juce/Jonny
WTF, you're second best in Oregon!? First real tournament I go to and I had to play you and Juce! Guess I'm lucky I didn't have to play Eggz or SilentWolf....

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
1. Brawl is an extremely slow paced game
2. Really the things that bother me about the game are pretty vast
3. thats the thing that bugged me the most about brawl, it just didn't have the same kind of depth melee did IMO.
1. SSB (64) is considerably slower-paced than Brawl and I don't consider it an 'extremely slow-paced game' when played by competent players. The same goes for Brawl.

2. Every version of Smash is fundamentally similar to one another, so I'm wondering how you could be bothered to such vast amounts by anything that actually differs among them.

3. An MvC2 'elitist' could say Melee isn't as fast/deep/whatever as MvC2 is, therefore Melee players are dumb and the only 'good game' is MvC2. I try not to be an elitist, therefore I simply acknowledge that all these games are 'different' and the only thing that matters is the spirit of competition and how much people enjoy playing their games. I got this awesome point of view from Foos who plays an unbelievable number of games, enjoys them all, and is also good at all of them. He's pretty awesome like that.

Binx

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4073GHgKA8, but not as good as this one IMO of course.

Once again not saying brawl isnt is (Freudian slip?) bad or that I didn't enjoy playing it a little, but it isn't melee, its pretty obvious when you look at sign ups for big smash tournaments, melee gets more entrants than brawl does, there is a reason. I'm glad people enjoy brawl though, I dont want to ruin anyones game or make them think less of it, just stating my opinion. I'm not saying melee is a better game period I'm just saying to me it is.

whos coming to bb tonight?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was kinda mad when M2K lost that set haha. I don't know why, but I think Peach "cheats" even more than Marth (especially how Armada plays, he outwaits someone until they do something stupid them kills them for it, and basically gets most of his kills from really godly edgeguarding. He gets the luckiest pulls too lol. Peach in general is not as combo-susceptible as Marth/spacies, no fair)

/scrubmentality

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
its pretty obvious when you look at sign ups for big smash tournaments, melee gets more entrants than brawl does, there is a reason.
I think we've said all that really needs to be said on this debate, but I do want to say that you can't rate a game based on number of entrants. That would be an argumentum ad popularum fallacy - and it's also beside the point because Brawl had more entrants than Melee did at the last National. This is all moot because they capped the entrants to SSB at 64 and we all know that's the superior game. ;)

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I think we've said all that really needs to be said on this debate, but I do want to say that you can't rate a game based on number of entrants. That would be an argumentum ad popularum fallacy - and it's also beside the point because Brawl had more entrants than Melee did at the last National. This is all moot because they capped the entrants to SSB at 64 and we all know that's the superior game. ;)
Very good points Timmy.

Im trying so hard to come to Eugene this weekend :D

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I hear a lot of you talking about MM, are you guys talking about fun little 1$ matches, or serious gambles? Big bets would make the game scary and I think I would get stressed out with a lot on the line... Also, I love Melee, and I think Brawl isn't as fun to play. Brawl doesn't have the crazy combos that I love so much about Melee, they are more... chunky? I know that does not make any sense, but I feel like brawl is chunkier.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Melee doesn't have any of the MvC2 business of 20k money matches pooled from betters. I don't actually know how much of that the winner gets, but that stuff is crazy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who wants to bread-and-butter match me this weekend? I have a lot of bread, and a whole lotta butta.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey guys, I know Portland didn't have a lot of interest in my tournament, and I know this thread's mostly Portland folks, but just in case, I'm postponing it until next month in case anybody would wanna come out. Idaho and EWA are gonna be there, so if it seems like a trip to nowhere for no reason, meeting up with players you'd never otherwise play might be decent incentive. It'll be on a Sunday, just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom