• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't remember, did you say you were going up to BestBout this weekend Aaron?

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Around the end of june (or whenever genesis 3/something similar will happen) a couple of Alaskans will be driving to california and will be passing by this state on the way. we plan on staying a couple days. Anyone down to play?
Just me and Ryan. we're going to cali and gonna be driving shiro back up here. Seriously, we wanna play against some peeps, perhaps in a tournament.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I might try to go to manifest, as well as some other corvallis-ians. (I don't know the technical term for residents of Corvallis.) BTW, I am the Yoshi from the Eugene tournament, if anyone saw me there and don't know who I am... Might see some people there :D

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Genesis is bi-annial. There will be no genesis this year.

Corvallans. It was used in "A meeting at corvallis," which is fiction, so I'm not sure how accurate that terminology actually is.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
I might try to go to manifest, as well as some other corvallis-ians. (I don't know the technical term for residents of Corvallis.) BTW, I am the Yoshi from the Eugene tournament, if anyone saw me there and don't know who I am... Might see some people there :D
Tus?

And T!mmy I would like to go, not sure if my funding will allow me to or not. Are there other carpools which we might be able to ride along with?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ideally, Scout, Wad and someone else from Portland will be running carpools to my tourney, Infi.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
@Verm
Jonix has to work weekends, so any ride from him would be unlikely especially considering the amount of time it takes for the traveling time alone.

@Infinitora
There are no carpools up to BestBout this weekend from SOregon, but there's always hitch-hiking.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who's getting together - and where - to play Smash before Best Bout? (What day\time\place?)

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
well, tonight at best bout we will have a smash fest as usual. i will be at the smash fest tonight but i can't make it to the tournament this weekend.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
ionno if that link was down when you replied :[
(i know this is off topic from whatevers being talked about)
BERSERK IS SO EPIC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMOS3YDCSE
It was the Berserk movie link, correct? Cause that got me all hawt and bothered.

*Completely off topic and pessimistically annoyed Yugo!"

Man, I'm so tired of people not showing up for stuff, that's probably why I won't be there today.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Ideally, Scout, Wad and someone else from Portland will be running carpools to my tourney, Infi.
Just so you know, I own a truck, which seats two people comfortably, and three people uncomfortably, making it an unfavorable carpooling vehicle. You've ridden in it before, so you hsould have an idea of what it's like.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
so far I know of
me
Kyle
Jesse
Shane
Trebor if he's still in town
Foos
Ben
Ryan
Postman
Jonny probably
Jonny's brother probably
Wad

Who else from OR is coming? Keeper better show up in his Carl Sagan cosplay again

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
I'm strongly considering going if I can find a decent team mate for 2s. I don't really have the money to go, but I'm thinking about it.

keeper

Smash Champion
I've mostly stopped going to stuff because I realized I wasn't having any fun anymore and I couldn't answer the "Why pay money to go not have fun?" question in a way that made me still want to go.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I've mostly stopped going to stuff because I realized I wasn't having any fun anymore and I couldn't answer the "Why pay money to go not have fun?" question in a way that made me still want to go.
Another one bites the dust.

And then no one from Oregon will show up and they will ***** about how Oregon doesn't even attend their own tournaments. IE: The last tournament Washington attended.
pretty sure the only reason we havent come the last few times is cuz we dont have rides. just saiyan

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
At the very least I don't feel like running tournaments every month and then people take the **** for granted.
I feel you, but then again, I haven't been consistent in monthlies lol. You're a great TO too (better than me for sure). Imo what you need is some juice, highlight why THIS Best Bout is going to be different from the rest, or why your tournament is HYEEEEEP (like a crew battle or quick side event), or accentuate what's awesome. I think Melee has been pretty consistent at your tournaments though, unless they tanked as of last month.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I can't go, I don't need to explain myself. I want you to keep hosting tournaments, but I can't possibly make this tournament. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom