• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/JohnnyCakes.jpg

Johnny Cakes! Mmmmm

Keeper, what is your avatar from?
It's a painting by the Chinese contemporary artist Yue Minjun.

Yes, he does put that face on everything. Yes, that is a caricature of his face.

That was one john. When I get to 10 ill let you know haha.
It's a running joke on Smashboards where it says "you need 10 or more characters in a post!" Thus spurred "10chars" tacked on to short posts, and it got corrupted. The more you know et cetera.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Good luck to everyone going up to GC - show 'em that Oregon spirit! I'll try to watch whatever streams they have up whenever I can today and I'll make sure to root for you guys.

Also, I've been meaning to come up for one of those Best Bout friendlies you guys are always talking about. About how many people would you expect at the next one?

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Good luck to everyone going up to GC - show 'em that Oregon spirit! I'll try to watch whatever streams they have up whenever I can today and I'll make sure to root for you guys.

Also, I've been meaning to come up for one of those Best Bout friendlies you guys are always talking about. About how many people would you expect at the next one?
Im def coming to the next one.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yo GC was good **** today. Was a blast despite my personal pitfalls early in the day. I wanna start legit organizing next months trip. Let's get this going now, and get people to try to start confirming now, so no one can John out at the last second, because they had a month to prepare.

Also sounds like they got a carpool coming to BB again this month, so lets get everyone up here again, and lets not let them take top 6 spots.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is there a thread or something with info on the Best Bout stuff? Maybe Yugo should make a group on AiB with a schedule, address etc. Sounds like fun.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Someone should put a link to it on the first page...

but I'll just go do a search for it on the AiB groups then.

Binx

Smash Master
My last final is tomorrow so I will try my best to come to best bout this week, I am moving to a new apartment soon and I have a ton of packing and getting ready to do before inspections and such, but I will try my hardest to make it this week, if I can't then I will 100000000000000% be there next week barring car accidents and things of that nature.

I need to buy a real TV so I can practice without all my timings being ****ed up, I've also started practicing handoffs and wobbles so in the next month or so you guys should be dying if I ever get a grab off on you, so don't get grabbed. GGs ^_^

I have an important question. Is there any chance you guys could change your way hosting best bout? Aka not host it during the very middle of the month, but rather the 2nd or 4th saturday each month?
The reason I ask is because were are likely going to start having another monthly tournament series and it would be ideal to have it in the middle of the month so we don't have 2 tournaments during 2 consecutive weekendss and a big gap rather than a tourney every 2 weeks.
The other reason I ask is cuz we would like to be able to attend best bout most of the time and possibly have you guys come up for our other tourney

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If Best Bout were the 2nd weekend this month I'd be able to go. :\
I'm thinking about going to the smashfest on Wednesday to make up for it. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I have an important question. Is there any chance you guys could change your way hosting best bout? Aka not host it during the very middle of the month, but rather the 2nd or 4th saturday each month?
The reason I ask is because were are likely going to start having another monthly tournament series and it would be ideal to have it in the middle of the month so we don't have 2 tournaments during 2 consecutive weekendss and a big gap rather than a tourney every 2 weeks.
The other reason I ask is cuz we would like to be able to attend best bout most of the time and possibly have you guys come up for our other tourney

I think the original problem was that LOST tournaments were usually happening on the 4th week of every month. Seeing as how I haven't been able to get this to happen lately, it might seem that it would be ok for him to bump it then anyways (unless there's other underlying reasons for it not happening on the 4th week).

If the date is being changed to the 2nd week for BB6, I'll need to know ASAP so I can alert Casey/Kevin about which date it's going to be on.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace

I will definitely talk to Yugo and people at BB tomorrow. I want to be able to go to both your tournaments, and get as many of you down here as often as possible. That sounds like a really good Idea. I will post something letting you know by tomorrow night.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Riddle me this, Batman: Why should I move my tournament series, that has had this date set since the first Best Bout, for a NEW tournament series? Why don't you guys move yours?

Riddle me this, Batman: Why should I move my tournament series, that has had this date set since the first Best Bout, for a NEW tournament series? Why don't you guys move yours?
Well, because I plan on having it on the 3rd saturday regardless of you guys moving your date, to spread out our tournaments evenly. If possible, why not move your tournament series? Other than you having a few on that date in the past, which isn't a real reason. You would get more attendance (assuming a different date works for you guys) and oregon would also be able to attend more of our tournaments if they wanted to.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
If it is no hassle to move a tournament series on either end, I believe it should be done. Sadly, I don't think that is the case, and no one is obligated to move their series.

keeper

Smash Champion
Fun fact

In Korea, League of Legends had more entrants in the WCG Qualifer than Starcraft
Starcraft is kind of split amongst the two games right now in Korea, not to mention there are bigger events taking place than the WCG. The winner of WCG gets an invite in a tournament known as the Blizzard cup, kind of indicating it (WCG) isn't the big thing.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
I believe I found a way to upload footage from our old tournaments that are no longer on the JTV archives. I'll check tomorrow.

keeper

Smash Champion
Dude, Phantom is my favorite custom game. For those that don't know/care, you have 8 players on a massive map. Two are the "Evil" Phantoms that get a supply cap that increases over time, 6 are slayers aka people that are totally regular, and Paladins are the protectors of the Slayers and must kill the Phantoms. The Paladins and Phantoms both look very alike for awhile as they both get increased incomes. The catch is no one knows who is who until a certain point when the Phantoms are revealed to each other.

This is funny too. It's long though, but Cella is a funny guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBtxaPHa3c

Hey hey hey it was just a fun fact

aka LoL 4 lyfe
Wololo

Eh, I don't mind the idea of MMOBAs having a scene, since they already did. I think the community might have tension when DOTA2 fully releases and if Blizzard DOTA is supposed to be serious.
It's a little disenchanting how Melee will never be big or something. It's always peeved me a little bit how unsupportive any other community is of it, except I guess early MLG. The problem with fighting games in competition is you can't really practice them constantly or readily due to LAN being the only viable option. I guess a couple Brawl players are on vVv, but I honestly view that as kind of a joke of a team when it comes to anything competitive (especially after how they handled the M2K fiasco). Even traditional fighters don't seem to get too much love unless they're brand new or that one iteration of Street Fighter (2: Third Strike?), but they still don't have a huge professional scene if your name isn't Justin Wong [it seems].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom