• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik is stupid. She should be banned.
^_^

on a serious note, there aren't really many infinites that are a big deal. Fox has infinites vs some characters on pokemon stadium, and Ice Climbers of course have infinites on all stages.

Since I am basically the only person that this rule could affect I am going to try and be as diplomatic as possible. There are some match ups where I believe you have to wobble to have the match up be even, ICs vs Marth/Peach. Even so I still don't use this technique in tournament matches or friendlies, I do however believe that it is 100% legit, because Marth and Peach should never be grabbed by ICs and if you make a big enough mistake to be grabbed by that character you deserve to lose a stock. Other characters like Fox and Falco are even harder to grab but you have other options vs them to get kills out of grabs, Sheik is a little easier to grab but even then she is very easy to get to 60-80% and set up for kills without wobbling.

Since I don't use these techniques I don't actually care if they are banned or not, but they shouldn't be, because there is nothing unfair about them, its one of the few advantages that character has.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I'm going to be in Portland tomorrow, but, as my brother is leaving for Morocco on Sunday, for two years, I dunno if I'll be able to make it to the tourney. I'm planning on making a trip up to Corvallis sometime soon, and I'm actually moving up there on the 18th, so any Corvallis smashers, hit me up and let me know what's going on! I'll be living at OSU and have bike, will travel.

Infinitora, we need to smash. I'm sorry I've been such a flaky **** (apparently that's an Oregon smash standard?), but I miss your manly Falcon ***-kickings!

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Hey Vox, this year at OSU we should have a lot of Melee smashers. There is me, my brother(BIRD), Panda, Phanther, Kazuki, His friend Shane, and a new guy from Nevada. We will start holding weekly smashfests once the school year starts.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
This has been brought up before, but FD has always been a Starting Stage and will never be moved exclusively to a Counterpick because it is a 'neutral stage'. That is to say, it does not have stage elements that disrupt player interaction.

Regardless of who chaingrabs whom, or if bad characters get worse, the stages maintain their basic designs and it is on that which they are measured.
By that same logic YS and FoD have always been nuetral here in america =p. Stage elements that disrupt player interaction... YS has what, randall? the cloud who moves on a SET pattern that is easy to follow via pak-E-derm... the shy guys? bah!.

FoD platforms I believe are set movement. if I'm wrong, oh well. It's still not that crippling, just play around it, you know, like everything else in the game and force your opponent into the bad spots.

FD's lack of platforms drastically changes how a game plays by removing MANY different elements of gameplay.

YS has short boundries that make it unfair for some chars? How about those CRAZY boundries on dream land 64? I think we should start banning that because it makes it broken for chars like peach and jiggs who can't be edge guarded and takes too long to kill =o. Also with the wind affecting gameplay It's JUST as bannable as YS with your logic =o

Perhaps we should make battlefield the only nuetral because... well... it's the only "fair stage" Oh wait, it has messed up platforms underneath it =o. Fox and falco and marth and others can get stuck under the platforms.

tl;dr every stage on the neutral is counterpick material by this new logic. Yes, ad hominims all up in this *****! I honestly think the original 6 starter stages were perfect, however dropping PS for stage striking was pretty good. How about instead of lowering the neutrals, we just stage strike? If you think YS and FoD are so bad, there's your 2 strikes GG

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey all, I'm going to be in Portland tomorrow, but, as my brother is leaving for Morocco on Sunday, for two years, I dunno if I'll be able to make it to the tourney. I'm planning on making a trip up to Corvallis sometime soon, and I'm actually moving up there on the 18th, so any Corvallis smashers, hit me up and let me know what's going on! I'll be living at OSU and have bike, will travel.

Infinitora, we need to smash. I'm sorry I've been such a flaky **** (apparently that's an Oregon smash standard?), but I miss your manly Falcon ***-kickings!
Two years? For what, out of curiosity?

keeper

Smash Champion
By that same logic YS and FoD have always been nuetral here in america =p. Stage elements that disrupt player interaction... YS has what, randall? the cloud who moves on a SET pattern that is easy to follow via pak-E-derm... the shy guys? bah!.

FoD platforms I believe are set movement. if I'm wrong, oh well. It's still not that crippling, just play around it, you know, like everything else in the game and force your opponent into the bad spots.

FD's lack of platforms drastically changes how a game plays by removing MANY different elements of gameplay.

YS has short boundries that make it unfair for some chars? How about those CRAZY boundries on dream land 64? I think we should start banning that because it makes it broken for chars like peach and jiggs who can't be edge guarded and takes too long to kill =o. Also with the wind affecting gameplay It's JUST as bannable as YS with your logic =o

Perhaps we should make battlefield the only nuetral because... well... it's the only "fair stage" Oh wait, it has messed up platforms underneath it =o. Fox and falco and marth and others can get stuck under the platforms.

tl;dr every stage on the neutral is counterpick material by this new logic. Yes, ad hominims all up in this *****! I honestly think the original 6 starter stages were perfect, however dropping PS for stage striking was pretty good. How about instead of lowering the neutrals, we just stage strike? If you think YS and FoD are so bad, there's your 2 strikes GG
<3 Eriq

As far as the infinite debate, Binx is right and it does effect him the most. The chain grab is just as lethal anyway considering having both climbers lets one kill at around 80-100%.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000213376531#!/groups/224872027544762/

Binx

Smash Master
My internet has been out for a week so I didn't hear about tomorrow until just now, if I wake up and feel up for it I'll be there ^_^ i'll definitely be at best bout next week though.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I hope it's not cause of something bad, either way that's unfortunate. =[

In other news, I'll be there for friendlies/ I'll probably enter one of the events but idk what (I have no partner so it will probably be singles I guess).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In other news, I'll be there for friendlies.
It will be nice to see you again Jeff. <3

Plaaaay withhhh meeee.
I will drive.
Okay, sounds fun.

- - -

And for whomever it was who thought 3-stages was impossible to play with, you realize you can go ahead and use a 5-stage starter. 3-stages is used for core rules, you can add as many stages from there as you want. Same goes for Counterpicks, you can add whatever stages you want for those too.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't know about you guys, but I had fun. Melee is awezum when you can visibly see improvement going really fast.

The tournament was pretty small, 5 teams for Brawl and Melee doubles (we did Round-robin), and for singles, Melee got 11, Brawl got 9 (although we had a lot of Melee and Brawl players not enter for singles).

keeper

Smash Champion
Man, Oregon sucks.
Make your brother go with you to one some time soon. You guys are cool. Kendall is all work and no play (except for TF2).

gg's people. Despite my performance I was playing better than I thought I would.
:D
I don't know about you guys, but I had fun. Melee is awezum when you can visibly see improvement going really fast.

The tournament was pretty small, 5 teams for Brawl and Melee doubles (we did Round-robin), and for singles, Melee got 11, Brawl got 9 (although we had a lot of Melee and Brawl players not enter for singles).
Sorry I couldn't go. I had personal **** come up that was highly more important. =\

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I played Allen and Jesse in bracket, and I think I'm making some good strides in learning some of those MUs (especially C. Falcon, which seemed to have made 50% of LOST's attendees this time around lol). It was also fun teaming w/ THC for friendlies, double marth was lulzy.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I had a pretty damn good time at the tourney tonight, lots of fun friendlies and despite getting my *** whipped a lot in brackets I couldn't really get down about it. I'm ****ing you up next time on mushroom kingdom 2 Jesse, be prepared!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Seeing Ratking at the tourney made me think I warped back in time five years ago. XD
I had fun playing friendlies with all of you guys. I'm surprised at how quickly I can jump into a game of Melee now and not be completely rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom