• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
And there are some very disturbing pictures in the Krystal thread :(
Fortunately, not anymore.
I never thought about the role of villains in SE. I always assumed they would unite with the good guys to fight a greater foe, or some corny crap like that.
For once, Ridley wouldn't almost die (or die) at the end of the game then.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone see the stuff posted in the gardevoir thread...now THAT was wrong

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*reads the recently arguments*
I think Derek~Joe and PsychoIncarnate are secretly in love, just as Shuma and Gypsy have been lately. They must really care about each other to be arguing this much. :love:

If ridley is a character (which given his huge hype and popularity it's obvious) I doubt he'll be on the site until after february.

Either way, there's no way Nintendo would allow Sakurai not to put Ridley in the game. He's far to hyped and far to popular. This is the people's game, the ultimate fan service, no real reason to deny people like Dedede and Ridley their place as fighters. They are staple villains, and immensly popular characters in pretty popular series

we've seen Diddy, Ike, Lucas and Sonic, there's no denying a character of equal, if not greater popularity, will get in

Also hi RP :)
Yo Ballad. Welcome to smashboards. This was the place I first migrated to after the original Nsider shut down. :p

And yeah. I agree with your post there, needless to say, especially the part about there being no way that Nintendo would allow Sakurai to not put Ridley (and other villains/characters of the like) in the game. Well said.

Ridley's a gonner. You see that all the bosses have life bars in the recent videos yes?
Has he been shown to have a life bar in Brawl though, or even appeared in the recent videos (or any Brawl video/clip so far for that matter) ? Nope. Ridley's no gonner.

And we have that Ridely BOSS Music correct?
That means nothing concerning what he'll be in the game.

Petey's a confirmed boss, but do we have a Petey boss theme? Uh, no.

QTF!!!!! nuff said.
It's one thing to post idiocy, but complimenting it? That's something else...

Ridley IS the subspace emmisary. The whole single player takes place inside him. While playing as him, you'll have to find some obscure way to try and play as Ridley while being inside yourself.
0_o

:laugh:

Well at least we know the members at SmashBoards will never starve to death. They can just come to the Ridley thread for an unlimited supply of spam.
And your post there is helping with the spam problem, how exactly?
Instead of complaining, why not do something about it?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Heads up guys: if I warned everyone here for every post they deserved an infraction for, this thread would screech to a halt, because you'd all be banned. In the future I'll feel less bad about it, though, since I'm warning you now, so take this as your warning.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
Ridley will probably be be implemented as an agent of the SS Army. they'll take anybody, just watch this vid:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26686.html?type

see? even wario could join. bosses seem to be bad guys from different franchises (apart from heaps of the SS army doods). this is actually good news, cos it means fighting Ridley as a boss increases his chances, rather than the other way round. yay for boss battle music!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley will probably be be implemented as an agent of the SS Army. they'll take anybody, just watch this vid:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26686.html?type

see? even wario could join. bosses seem to be bad guys from different franchises (apart from heaps of the SS army doods). this is actually good news, cos it means fighting Ridley as a boss increases his chances, rather than the other way round. yay for boss battle music!
However, if they fight Wario I don't think it will be a boss fight, it will be a regular fight. Ridley being a boss won't increase his chances but if he's involved in SE and fought, that might

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
However, if they fight Wario I don't think it will be a boss fight, it will be a regular fight. Ridley being a boss won't increase his chances but if he's involved in SE and fought, that might
define "boss fight". you mean with a health bar rather than getting him off the edge? i'd still consider it a boss fight. sakurai would just give health bars to stuff that won't actually get knocked off, or take any kind of knockback (petey, the hands, etc.) Ridley may be good, but he would still get slapped around a bit.

also, i read somewhere else that bowser may be a boss for diddy and donkey, although i haven't seen the vid. does anyone know if thats true, and if so is there a link?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
define "boss fight". you mean with a health bar rather than getting him off the edge? i'd still consider it a boss fight. sakurai would just give health bars to stuff that won't actually get knocked off, or take any kind of knockback (petey, the hands, etc.) Ridley may be good, but he would still get slapped around a bit.

also, i read somewhere else that bowser may be a boss for diddy and donkey, although i haven't seen the vid. does anyone know if thats true, and if so is there a link?
I definet Boss as having Stamina/Health and not being able to be knocked off cliffs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
Hey, look, I remember my old password! ^_^ I'm back!

I'm glad that my moveset actually got some use, and jeezz, hasn't this thread changed?
Gypsy Lee's moveset is ace though, and there is so much information! It is looking so nifty!

Its looking good for Ridley though, I must say, there isn't much of an argument against him other then that stupid "Oh, awkward!" bullcrap. If Sakurai likes him and think he should be in, he's in. And the whole 'Good v Evil' thing in SSE makes Villains a higher priority now, so even better!

Shuma

Smash Hero
You ALL should be very happy that Ridley hasn't been deconfirmed, my dear Wolfie has been deconfirmed. *sniffle*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You ALL should be very happy that Ridley hasn't been deconfirmed, my dear Wolfie has been deconfirmed. *sniffle*
Meh. I didn't get to see Fox's Star Wolf outfit (alt costume) well enough to determine if it was really Wolf himself (with the grey fur, eye patch, and what not) that was the alt costume, or if it was just Fox wearing a Star Wolf UNIFORM... are you sure Wolf's deconfirmed? If so, sorry. I really wanted him in too...

Introducing the new Charizard alt. costume... RIDLEY!!!!.

*gasp*
:burst:

Poor Wolf,

He deserved a PC spot :(
Yeah...

Hmm. Maybe General Scales will get the spot instead then?
j/k

Florida

イーグランツ
Hey, the images you guys see make Fox appear a little darker / grayer than what he actual is. He still has brown fur (with a tad of gray scale, but not as drastic as Wolf's colors). And he has a red scanner, not a red eye ^.^

But, Krystal's chances are looking a little higher now, I admit.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh...

RidleyPrime is sad now. :(

HAHAHAHA! I f***ing told you, Shuma!
Told him what? That Wolf wouldn't be his own character? Not like you had anymore proof beforehand than he did.

Just for that Gypsy i hope Ridley is deconfirmed soon. ****ing *******.
:dizzy:

Well, isn't this supposed to be a Ridley topic?
Yes. Um... someone set this thread back on course please.

Oh. I know. What do ya'll think Ridley's favorite pizza is?
... wait. That's not right.

OMG TEH FLYIN LIZARD 4 BRAWL OMG FIRE BREATHIN DRAGON OMG RIDLEY AVENGE WOLF NAO!!!
There. That's more like it. :chuckle:

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Ridleyprime:

well i don't really "need" Ridley anymore, King Koopa is high tier now, so yeah. And i didn't really need Wolf anymore, since Fox was nerfed.

Edit:

You know what would make me lol? Lucario's/Ridley's/Ganondorf's(really lol)/Marth's/Falco's deconfirmation on monday.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, its been a sad few days. pretty much now that wolf has lost considerable chances of being in, all i've got left to hope for is my good ol' ridley. :(

Shuma

Smash Hero
all i've got left is the desire of punching gypsy's brain until he is left in a coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom