• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

R.P.

Smash Rookie
i see two upcoming Brawl tournaments listed for Long Island... but no melee =\.

Anyway, coinchaser reject and myself are probably gonna get together and play melee sometime soon, so hazz and anyone else can come if you want. also, somebody should host it, because i sure as hell can't, unless you delinquents want to drive up to my house in new paltz heh

in closing, i'd like to say that ikaruga is one of the best games ever.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
i'll go too if it's close enough

and what difficulty do you play on?

Darkest

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, coinchaser reject and myself are probably gonna get together and play melee sometime soon, so hazz and anyone else can come if you want. also, somebody should host it, because i sure as hell can't, unless you delinquents want to drive up to my house in new paltz heh

Ikaruga is total weaksauce. A 4 year old kid could beat it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-rDR-hb8o

R.P.

Smash Rookie
I just beat it for the first time on normal, but I'm probably gonna step it up cause I just can't put it down. And Darkest, I know there are harder bullet hell shooters out there, but Ikaruga is no cakewalk, and the white/black mechanic is what makes it so good... one of the best concepts in videogame history, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDhYmpX9DLM

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I just beat it for the first time on normal, but I'm probably gonna step it up cause I just can't put it down. And Darkest, I know there are harder bullet hell shooters out there, but Ikaruga is no cakewalk, and the white/black mechanic is what makes it so good... one of the best concepts in videogame history, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDhYmpX9DLM

That video is mad old but still awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRviZKJIjSw

**** have a sick mind >_>

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
There I was, lying down, smoking grass
Feeling sexy in the sun, just tanning my buns in the sun
Untill it begun - playing with myself
Out in the sun
I was pretty far out as I started to shout
When a dildo from Mars, swinging from a cloud
Came rushing down, landing on the ground
I was freaking out
They were ugly little mean horny sexmachines
In their dildo ship they looked really hip and cool
But I'm no fool, they showed their tools .....
Hahahahahaa

Chorus :
Out in space they're a sexy race
But aliens are not my piece of cake
Android sex and little *****
Martians don't give me no kicks
There's just no kick with a little ****

Ryan-K

Smash Master
And as for brawl...i kinda like fighting snake. But then i used to love fighting fox in melee. The best characters are always fun to fight against
Meh not really. Fox was fun to fight cuz u can do some crazy **** to him in terms of combos and gimps and ****, plus fighting fox required you to think fast and smart. You can't do that **** in brawl and snake is just a dumb character :(

Hax

Smash Champion
this man superryan is a tru genius

now then, who wants their wii hacked for $20? :)

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Alright Im gonna attempt to wake up early this week to play mad ssbb so I can practice for the tournament this week. Hit me up on aim.

P.S No guarentees I'm known to sleep all day sometimes since Its summer and I spend most of my time out after 8pm (Ask steve -_-)

Refuel456

Smash Rookie
Might as well post....

Casey (Refuel); Nassau; Hempstead/West(its like in the middle); Random; Aim: Kcpest316

^For Brawl

yea uh i did play a little bit of Melee, i went to Parallax a couple of times, but I don't really play melee anymore (If i attempt to ill get wrecked) but yea about time i posted here >.<

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman

PM when you guys are getting together and let me know where. Maybe G Money or Alejandro can make an appearance. Alejandro should actual host this event.

Cyberfrost849

Smash Rookie
hey, im a friend of anonymous joes (CJ) and he told me to go to this thread so uhh here i am lol

Connor(Tag- Frsty); Commack/suffolk; Marth/Toon Link; you can contact me through PM or my cell, PM me for that too.

Im also pretty good at melee but ive gotten pretty bored of the game...

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I assume you go to school in Nashville, and come home to LI for the summer?

Just wondering so I can put that in the player finder because the last thing you need is people asking you to go to an LI tourney when you're in nashville lol
Sorry didn't see this. Yep, I go to school at Vandy, but I'm here till mid-August usually.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question actually. The GT was my first tournament, and I'm pretty sure that I had more SDs than I've ever had in one Smash-playing span. I died from dairing off the ledge from my hands slipping like 4 times, twice at 0% and once at like 32% (the other was around 80%). I've attributed it to me getting nervous on bigger matches (although maybe that's a cop-out, but I've only really seen it happen on like GameBattles against high ranked people or at that tournament. ). Do you think that with more tournament attendence will help the problem? I'm guessing I just need to get more comfortable playing in a competitive atmosphere.

Also, I saw that Blackanese was using IC's for the majority of the early rounds and attempting infinites every time he could (either the ICG or the ice cube lockout). The results showed him using a different character, though, and I know he used DDD and GW in teams. Did he switch back to those characters later on because better people could avoid getting grabbed better? I'm just curious as to why he stopped using ICs for singles if he's got the infinites down.

Gabish816

Smash Rookie
no one knows who i am! but add me to this list anyway! im down for tourneys if im not on tour.

Name: Gabe (tag-Gerba)

Main Characters: Ness, Diddy, DDD

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I've got a question actually. The GT was my first tournament, and I'm pretty sure that I had more SDs than I've ever had in one Smash-playing span. I died from dairing off the ledge from my hands slipping like 4 times, twice at 0% and once at like 32% (the other was around 80%). I've attributed it to me getting nervous on bigger matches (although maybe that's a cop-out, but I've only really seen it happen on like GameBattles against high ranked people or at that tournament. ). Do you think that with more tournament attendence will help the problem? I'm guessing I just need to get more comfortable playing in a competitive atmosphere.

Yes it does. Despite my almsot 3 years of melee tourney experience I still get nervous so don't worry about it it goes away on its own/

Also, I saw that Blackanese was using IC's for the majority of the early rounds and attempting infinites every time he could (either the ICG or the ice cube lockout). The results showed him using a different character, though, and I know he used DDD and GW in teams. Did he switch back to those characters later on because better people could avoid getting grabbed better? I'm just curious as to why he stopped using ICs for singles if he's got the infinites down.

He never did any true infinites. He did the ice cube thing and regular chaingrabs but he never infinited anyone. The ice blocks don't count because they end when the character is out of range or off the edge. He may have switched because DDD and GaW are much better characters in certain matchups
10 charsssssss

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i've comment here before but i guess i never introduced myself.

name i don't like saying my name online sorry (tag ACE/might change it a little to A.C.E so they say the letters since there are to many Ace's)
main: zelda /secondary (when i get them better) R.O.B/marth

and to patsie i have been to a ok amount of tournaments and i still get nervous and i was talking to a friend of mine who has gone to a bunch more tournaments then i have and he says he still gets nervous as well so its all about dealing with your nervs so they don't hurt how you play. If you are lucky you get a bad player in the first round which helps me calm down and warm up

SLH

Smash Journeyman
most people still get a bit nervous during tournament matches, you just learn to ignore it and not let it **** your playing up

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Yeah, everybody gets nervous. I saw alehandro (dun know how to spell his name) literally shaking when he was playing that PIka at the Game Table.(you know, when everybody crowded around that little TV to see the results? Just keep coming to tourneys, you get used to it

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
The Game Table guy messaged me back.

He's definitely doing Smash tourneys in the future, although he didn't have a definite date. He said to expect one within the week they get their AC and TVs set up.

Next tournament, everyone should start suggesting to make it a bi-weekly =).

He'll also have the full brackets up on www.thegametable.com when it's working again so we can check there for results.

Having a biweekly this close to my house for the summer would be awesome, so let's add that pressure.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
updated first post, also ace please put what part of nassau. If you dont wanna put a town thats fine but at least put north south or central

Top Bottom