• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
*EDIT* I forgot to add: "No m2ks"

Anyway, bglaughter, it's a smashfest. Tournaments may happen during the day, no specific times really. We're mainly there to play smash and have fun. There will always be the majority of the tv's there for friendlies, but tournaments will be going on throughout the day with no schedule. Just like 'hey, you guys feel like having a tourney? what kind? ok then let's do it'

I'm more interested in stuff that's out of the ordinary. Single and doubles get a little boring after a while, we should probably add a few rules like no fox or something. (No playing without skill for example)

aLee

Smash Cadet
low tier singles and doubles is fun yes? you should think about running low tier tourneys during the smashfest cause i know ill def sign up for that lol

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
hey guys there a tourney goin on up at queens, just lettin ya know. its not official yet, we need enough people that would come to make it official so tell me if yall comin

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Yea I'm definitely all for low tier ****. Btw, all you mufuggas from LI better come. This is probably your best shot at weeklies and the revival of the LI smash community.... and not to mention better than any LI tournament has ever been. And it's just a smashfest with tournaments that can happen throughout. Yea, so especially you Kurt/CJ/Dmon/Matt, show up mufuggas.

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
Yea I'm definitely all for low tier ****. Btw, all you mufuggas from LI better come. This is probably your best shot at weeklies and the revival of the LI smash community.... and not to mention better than any LI tournament has ever been. And it's just a smashfest with tournaments that can happen throughout. Yea, so especially you Kurt/CJ/Dmon/Matt, show up mufuggas.
The Li smash community is dead? i didnt no that i thoguth i was still a round due to the fact that we still hang out and play smash. Also whats the info cuz im to lazy to look at past pages cuz i havnt been on for a while.

lol eli doesnt know dmons real name xD

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
If your talking about your fest saturday it depends on two things for me 1. Marching band- band camp is saturday not sure when it lets out probably like 4 I'll show up as soon as i can unless 2. My thumb even playing smash 64 on friday hurt it alot and thats without short hopping and such so I'm not sure how it'll be on saturday so unless your willing to play one handed with me than I'm not sure that i'll go

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The Li smash community is dead? i didnt no that i thoguth i was still a round due to the fact that we still hang out and play smash. Also whats the info cuz im to lazy to look at past pages cuz i havnt been on for a while.

lol eli doesnt know dmons real name xD
You noob. You're too lazy to look at my smashfest thread, huh? What if I link you? Well here it is:

Nah, look it up yourself you lazy ****.

And I know Dmon's name is Andrew. Dmon is a better name than Andrew so I'll just call him Dmon just like I call the other Andrew 'sir lightning hat'.

Mufugga.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You guys...I miss you come to this!!

The Smash Affiliates & Killer Fleet Presents: Zenith - SEPTEMBER 28th-29th!

Feel free to put it in your sigs!

Venue info

The famous web2zone

54 Cooper Square
between 4th & 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
212 614 7300
www.web2zone.com

By Train you can take the 6 Train to Astor place OR the NRW line to 8th street. Walk to the Chase Bank and make a right and it is only 2 STORES Down.

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute time limit
* Items off

Events:

Friday 6pm-11pm: $20 - low tier doubles

Saturday: 9am-all day
$20 - singles
$20 - doubles
$15 - ssb64 1v1
$20 - ssb64 doubles

Rules
Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins, otherwise the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both Players have the same percentage, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. this determines winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Finals are best of five matches

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified – The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

Stage Strike Rule – Each player/team can choose 1 stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters. Players may change their stage strike for each succeeding game PRIOR to a stage being chosen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

For the First round in a set, character selection for the round will be double blind pick (unless the players don't care). The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection.

For the next round, players first may choose to change their stage strike, and then the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match. All succeeding matches are played in the same manner.

Low Tier 2v2

Allowed Characters :

* Luigi
* Link
* Roy
* DK
* Pikachu
* Zelda
* Ness
* Young Link
* Yoshi
* Kirby
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Bowser
* Mewtwo
* Pichu
* One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

4 Stock
8 Minutes

Same rules as Doubles

Smash 64

Tournament Rules

* Double Elimination
* All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
* 5 stock, 10 min Time limit
* Team Attack On
* No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
* Ties broken by lives/percentage
* Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
All other stages banned
First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
Double Blind may be called in the first match

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
You can buy a brand new first party controller here (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference) or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

Let the Hype Begin

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
lol, can i get added now. Im tryn 2 play b4 i get to rusty. lol yea someone pm me or get at me on aim if u wanna play. and i guess could surprise woz and show up at zenith...perhaps. :)

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
no problem, superryan i hear u play falco, i sux against him, so i cud use some practice if ur ever up for it. how far away are u from hempstead? as for that bday smashfest im rideless so more han likely i wont b attending.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I am like half an hour away roughly. Jw, do you live there or are you going to Hofstra? I play the top 4 really, and I have heard about you before :).

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
yea i go to hofstra, so ill b here for most of the year. plus i have some family in westbury so i can play people there too. I too have heard about you before. Looking forward to playing you and the rest of L.I whille im here

aLee

Smash Cadet
hbk lets smash since ur at hofstra and its close to where i live kinda. pm me so we can smash sometime

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
Wow I think the LI smash community might actually thrive for a change, everyone try to go to Eli's on saturday I'm going to do my best to play and I want a challenge

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
yea except ur forgetting that no tournaments are held in LI anymore, plx was the last standing chance and that was it, for everything else theres still hope, I think..

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
Yea I haven't played a good falco or fox in a long time, this might be the time finally lol
WHAT?!?!? u wanna post that again? do i need to remind you of what a good falco is? and for the rest of u on this thread like haz and hbk, prepare to get *****. if u cant come to me i'll def come to u. reply if ur brave enough or if u pick fox.

aLee

Smash Cadet
Oh by the way welcome to LI smash where noone plays and everyone argues!

Hope you enjoy your stay LMAO.

No but seriously when do u think u can play?

Also 4sho you are disturbingly random
uh no, dont talk about as if we all do that. It seems only kids ur age do that. btw this isnt to get u mad or start an argument, its the truth.

aLee

Smash Cadet
don't get me wrong, im all up for fun and games, but when you joke about l.i. like that, it's hard for me to believe anyone would find that funny. K no more hate posts super, im not a person to start beef. truce k? BESIDES i need to play you soon anyway

Ryan-K

Smash Master
don't get me wrong, im all up for fun and games, but when you joke about l.i. like that, it's hard for me to believe anyone would find that funny. K no more hate posts super, im not a person to start beef. truce k? BESIDES i need to play you soon anyway
If you were part of the LI "community" longer you would understand :p

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
Rofl I love this thread, lets actually talk about what this thread means, instead of talking **** to each other? ACTUALLY use this thread for events or smashfest people are holding? kthxbye

Top Bottom