• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW London Biweeklies: POSTPONED till Jan.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Gah. The one time GTA is coming and the one week I have no time at all to practice ><.

*goes back to studying for my third of four tests this week, then working on my 2nd major project this week*

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
As **** somehow I ended up thinking we had a biweekly tomorrow and got all pumped for it and now I realize tomorrow is not Dec. 5th. =(

JPOBS

Smash Hero
um soo....

I've been emailing/facebooking the guy who normally books the venue for me..and he's not responding

as such, idk if the venue is booked..meaning, i may have to cancel the tourny for this weekend if i dont hear back from him over the next 2 days :(

sauc3

Smash Lord
there is an open spot in riddlebox's car leaving to a michigan tourney on saturday(3 hours from london), if anyone is interested contact me or riddlebox. You have a ride there and back, jump on this people!

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
there is an open spot in riddlebox's car leaving to a michigan tourney on saturday(3 hours from london), if anyone is interested contact me or riddlebox. You have a ride there and back, jump on this people!
wow I think I would totally be up for this possibly in the future.

And also, my works christmas party is this sunday.. so it doesn't look good. I can probably still come though... My girlfriend will be mad that i ditched the party for a melee tournament.. but i should be able to come.
Vyzor, Mogo, possibly Spam/Delfa and I.. Spam works at the same place so he probaby wont be able to make it...

I also have a physics assignment due friday, a biology paper monday, and a math test monday... soooo... I donno.. we'll see.

sauc3

Smash Lord
wow I think I would totally be up for this possibly in the future.

And also, my works christmas party is this sunday.. so it doesn't look good. I can probably still come though... My girlfriend will be mad that i ditched the party for a melee tournament.. but i should be able to come.
Vyzor, Mogo, possibly Spam/Delfa and I.. Spam works at the same place so he probaby wont be able to make it...

I also have a physics assignment due friday, a biology paper monday, and a math test monday... soooo... I donno.. we'll see.
its this saturday, the 4th, people in the car so far are riddlebox, myself, ministry, and raynex.

the spot is open for now i believe (there is only 1), you just have to say so, gas money should be between 5 and 10$, entry fee is 10$ singles, 10$ doubles, 5$ venue,

we would leave saturday morning tho, we are all meeting in london friday night (housing from jpobs), so thats an option. We will be back in london sunday really early morning, like 3am more than likely.

its in michigan, so you would need a passport obviously, and be able to get to london beforehand. you can also catch a ride from guelph or hamilton on friday.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
its this saturday, the 4th, people in the car so far are riddlebox, myself, ministry, and raynex.

the spot is open for now i believe (there is only 1), you just have to say so, gas money should be between 5 and 10$, entry fee is 10$ singles, 10$ doubles, 5$ venue,

we would leave saturday morning tho, we are all meeting in london friday night (housing from jpobs), so thats an option. We will be back in london sunday really early morning, like 3am more than likely.

its in michigan, so you would need a passport obviously, and be able to get to london beforehand. you can also catch a ride from guelph or hamilton on friday.
I could be in london anytime pretty much. Would probably be good with those times assume i dont work the saturday. And I got dat passport.

How often do they have them? since I cant make this one.
And whats the attendance down there usually look like?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
this is the only one that we know of kason. kurtis is asking because he wantedto know if anyone is interested in traveling this saturday.

he's not saying this will be a frequent occurance.

Sanu

Smash Champion
you could try to study a bit this week tristan, just saying :p

and hey, now that your tourney is potentially flopping, you could spend sunday studying instead of smashing! now you have time to come to michigan on saturday ;)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I regretfully would like to inform everyone that the tourny for this weekend has indeed been cancelled due to the venue not being booked. This was out of my control unfortunately, I did what I could.

I seriously apologize to everyone that was looking forward to this.

Given that exams/christmas season are coming up, there wont be an event until next year.

However, as a bright side, in all likelyhood, there will be a tournament within the first 2-3 weeks of january. I also want to look into hosting a pretty big actual tournament sometime in late january/early february, involving the whole community including the GTA, as a prep for Pound 5. We'll see how things shape up as the time draws near, steady as she goes.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
anyone still in london wanna play Tuesday (today technically its 3 am lol) or wednesday afternoon?

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
awesome. the third week would be ideal, due to school strating up and some projects i have due, but i could make it any weekend really

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah anytime is good for me pretty much... i think our exams start on the 24th. so the sunday of 23rd wouldnt be awesome.. but it doesn't really matter. its still doable

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i emailed mitch a few days ago and he hasnt got back to me yet.

i'll contact him again over the weekend.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
im hyped. these are a lotta fun.
and saux will have his G2 on friday so our parents wont have to drive us everywhere anymore lolololol hype

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I have bad news.

Its been brought to my attention that the 2 guys I was in contact with the last 2 years for booking rooms at the venue have suddenly, and seemingly without reason, stopped supporting the Gaming Club at Western, and by extension, the melee biweeklies.

What I mean by that is they've both just stopped responding to emails/calls/messages about the club. and its not just me, other organizers of other non-melee events have also been unsuccessful in their efforts.
I can only speculate as to why this has happened. What it boils down to is that there is that there is no longer anyone with any authority to book rooms/venue because those who have the power have basically abandoned the club it seems.

I don't know what to do from here...

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can host in my residence... I have a large conference room, but I'm not sure the policy for booking the room for non residents is. usually I can use it though. we'll see.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
the building code says max capacity is 250 people. it'll have to be in february though, I have midterms/other important work in heaps right now

Top Bottom