• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Kirby Combo/String Thread!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Umm... nobody mentioned Dtilt trip + Fsmash?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, it isn't. You can't do a grab release if you haven't grabbed your opponent :). The first three moves in this "combo" are legitimate, though. Yay Gonzo for proving that combos DO exist in Brawl! :laugh:
The first three moves are not a combo if the opponent DI's away on the U-air. And even the F-throw to U-air doesn't register as a consecutive hit in Training mode unless the opponent has 5+ damage on him. Ha ha, isn't that funny?

Percon

Smash Lord
The best combo is the "Mew2King Combo"

F-throw > U-air > Reverse U-tilt > F-air > F-air > D-air > U-air > D-air > U-air > D-tilt > Jab > Grab Release > Full Charged Eruption

This works best on fast fallers, but you can get it on floaties too if they don't Smash DI the Jab.
This made me laugh.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
DTilt > Utilt >SHNair >Aerial Hammer.

Works, to my knowledge, only on heavyweights.

Ftilt > Dashgrab > Pummel(as many times as you can get in) > Repeat.

Replace Repeat w/ FSmash to get the kill. As with the other one, works best on heavyweights and FFers, but It can get floaties up to 60%.

Utilt > SHNair > Fair > Dtilt > FTilt

Works best on Heavies, but works for floaties, too. Good for damage.

I like Linking Uthrow with Final Cutter, and Dthrow > UTilt > Reverse UTilt >SHBair > Bair.

Also...I've heard something about a Kirby footstool Combo...anybody know about that?

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
OH SHI

To unscramble, follow me through the Gonzo combo.

Start with a F-throw level with 0% (find the blue dot next to the F-throw). Follow the blue line to the U-air, which is at a little under 20%. That means you can use this combo from about 0% (F-throw dot) to about 20% (U-air dot). Next follow the connecting line from U-air to Grab. You'll see that Grab chains straight down to F-throw and D-throw. While of course you can use B-throw and U-throw, these two are excluded because they are your worst options in this situation.

You'll see that from here, a darker blue line extends from the F-throw, meaning that only this path should only be used on Heavies/Spacies. From the other line, the D-throw can be used on any character into an up-tilt. You'll see that Up-tilt has a horiontal line going across from it to about 35%, which means that it chains to itself somewhat to about that percentage. The thinner the line, the less consistent the chain is, and as you can see, at higher percents, the D-tilt line thins out making it less consistent at chaining to itself.

So basically, to find good chains from a move, just start with that move, find a dot horizontally aligned with it, and follow the lines from to find suggested chains.

notes:
  • I didn't mess with D-air because of the fixed knockback, but if I ever update this I will.
  • The curvy line from D-tilt to F-smash means if they trip, any %.
  • The little ticks near the ends of the lines are to indicate direction, I found they helped alleviate the connect the dots look.
  • There's a lot of things you can do after moves like F-tilt and D-tilt, because you'll have a touch of advantage when you land them, however, stuff like Air Hammer and F-smash and U-smash really doesn't pressure the opponent enough to be included in this chart; for instance, if you F-tilt to air hammer, they can jump, roll, shield, dodge, tilt, jab, or up-B you out of it with almost every character. It'll work sometimes and ****, but F-tilt to F-tilt will
  • Dash Attack was left out because I'm dumb. Tilt, B-air and N-air to dash attack, and F-tilt if they DI out of it before the last hit.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've just been to training and played a few matches...

Footstool > Dair works if you FF it.
Footstool > Stone... I never landed it once.

but I did discover that DThrow > SHNair > Nair > Grab > Fthrow >Uair >Air Hammer = Win.

Although, they can airdodge at the SHNair, Nair, Uair, or they can shield the hammer.
But on heavies at low %'s, I landed it about 70% of the time.

Also, I've doubted UAir for the longest time...I do so no more...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Footstool > Dair works if you FF it.

but I did discover that DThrow > SHNair > Nair > Grab > Fthrow >Uair >Air Hammer = Win.
Footstool > Stone works easily.

Well, easily after you manage the Footstool Jump. That second 'combo' was starting to sound like the 'Mew2King combo'. Lol.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
The best combo is the "Mew2King Combo"

F-throw > U-air > Reverse U-tilt > F-air > F-air > D-air > U-air > D-air > U-air > D-tilt > Jab > Grab Release > Full Charged Eruption

This works best on fast fallers, but you can get it on floaties too if they don't Smash DI the Jab.

This is the "Mew2King Combo".

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LOL nice but I'd say that gets rather unrealistic after the first nair. :)

Oh and we should call this thread the consecutive hit thread since there are no true brawl combos.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I say we call it the "Loosely arranged consecutive hits with a somewhat iffy chance of landing, save for the Gonzo combo" thread.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
DThrow > SHNAir > Nair(Once you land, there's no lag, so you hit with the first hit, but not the other hits.)

That's how that NAir works. I've only done it once or twice on Bowser and Ganon...And Ike airdodged...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I say we call it the "Loosely arranged consecutive hits with a somewhat iffy chance of landing, save for the Gonzo combo" thread.
try evading ledgehopped dair (not fastfalled) > utilt (until away from utilt reach) > bair > edgeguarding time

... or if you think they're gonna shield (which is practically impossible), ledgehopped dair (not fastfalled) > reverse grab

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In the air/offstage, or right above the ground? I imagine it would work pretty well offstage.

LOLWUT

My favorite combo is Fair->Fair->Fair->Fair. Seriously.
Fair->ftilt is fun too, to more Fairs.
In the past month or so, I've grown to <3 Fair. Even though I barely get to play the game.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
In the air/offstage, or right above the ground? I imagine it would work pretty well offstage.
I used it above a platform, and the stone hit them when they were in that state where you can't tech after being footstooled. So I think that is inescapable, but I could be wrong :/

And offstage, I guess it depends whether stone can reach the opponent before they can airdodge after a footstool. I'll check when I get on Brawl tomorrow if no one else does by then.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It probably has potential to be inescapable, or nearly inescapable, depending on where and how you do it.

If you're above a surface, then it may depend on your height. If you footstool them from too far up, they can probably airdodge in time to avoid the stone. If you footstool them when they're really close to the surface, they might have time to roll away. If you footstool them when they're at a perfect distance from the surface, they might not have time for either.

Offstage, I dunno. I imagine that if your opponent is on the right of FD trying to recover, and you footstool them, and jump left when you footstool, and then Stone, they will most likely get hit, since their instinct is to jump towards the left, since that's where the stage is. This is assuming that Footstool->Stone is too slow to be a true combo.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
It probably has potential to be inescapable, or nearly inescapable, depending on where and how you do it.

If you're above a surface, then it may depend on your height. If you footstool them from too far up, they can probably airdodge in time to avoid the stone. If you footstool them when they're really close to the surface, they might have time to roll away. If you footstool them when they're at a perfect distance from the surface, they might not have time for either.

Offstage, I dunno. I imagine that if your opponent is on the right of FD trying to recover, and you footstool them, and jump left when you footstool, and then Stone, they will most likely get hit, since their instinct is to jump towards the left, since that's where the stage is. This is assuming that Footstool->Stone is too slow to be a true combo.
I agree with all of that, I can't go on today though, I'll see if they can be escaped tomorrow.

Top Bottom