• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Who doesn't? You wouldn't know what it feels like to have someone drop out on you though, since you live under a rock playing only-Peach games.

This is a great sign. It shows that more people are getting used to these bad updates and are not complaining anymore! Good. I'm not saying this one is bad, though.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Who doesn't? You wouldn't know what it feels like to have someone drop out on you though, since you live under a rock playing only-Peach games.

This is a great sign. It shows that more people are getting used to these bad updates and are not complaining anymore! Good. I'm not saying this one is bad, though.
i think i can play what ever i want:p....kids HA

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, she has done it about what? 20 times? LOL

We would already have the game right now if it wasn't for the delay. So far, Sakurai seems to have delayed it for no reason, except for stage builder.
for me there are four reasons he delayed it:

1-make even more characters and make them work well in the game.

2-get time to add more 3rd party characters (asking the companies etc.)

3-make SSE BIGGER than ever.

4-remove any glitches in the game.

well....he's making the game to be massisaly(i invented another word lol) better.

Imagine having to wait for brawl and extra 2 -6 months after the delay, without any new content being added. Without anything to speculate on, and everyone to have the game except for you.

Thats how Europe feels, so stop complaining.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I bet we're going to get another update that says it will be delayed until 2010. Seriously, I didn't think about him making deals with the other companies to get more characters. I forgot that he's making them, but not announcing them until the game comes out.
he is so dead if that happened

Snakz

Smash Ace
Bonsly

Bonsly walks around.

Why is this Pokémon named Bonsly? Those familiar with the world of Pokémon understand that while it appears to be a bonsai tree, Bonsly’s body is made up of rocks and stones.

It’s pretty heavy!

When you throw it at someone, it won’t fly far...

But it sure does hurt!

Even if an opponent’s damage meter is below 50%, this thing packs enough power to potentially knock him or her off.

You may only get hit once in a great while, but if you do, watch out!!

Oh, and it’s not like it can’t be reflected.

Ugh...just ugh....

Discuss

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
wow....that was bad indeed....but i think Sakurai is holding back goods updates for day the article of Coro-coro is out (yeah i really think he knows this, imean c'mon they wouldn't reveal important stuff like this withouth sakurai knowing.)

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Eeehhh...maybe he is just getting crappy updates like this out of the way.
wow and i said this a milion times on other topics.:chuckle:

finally someone understands! Sakurai is just getting the crap updates outta the way!

tough i want a charcter or a stage update.....

Crappy updates out of the way? You realize he doesn't actually have to update with crappy updates, he could always use them to filler out the week between the good ones.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well... words cant describe how bleh this update is, I mean it wouldnt be as bad if it were a double update... but he basically just gave us a reusable bom-omb that doesnt explode...

Snakz

Smash Ace
This big update he's making better be BIG. This is just complete nonsense.
I dont think it's necessarily a big update, but a big weekend, with Coro Coro revealing their supposed full roster.

It seems to me Sakurai gets to inform those who dont know about the info from E for All in the regular updates, meanwhile the rest of us who do know that info will be satisfied with the Coro Coro issue coming out soon with supposedly new info, and everyone's happy.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Rotation

Picture five or more players huddled around a Wii.

The number of people who can play is limited by the number of controllers that can connect. When that happens, you usually have the people who win or lose rotate out so that everyone gets a turn, right?

So be nice and give everybody a chance to play!

... ...That’s how I feel anyway, but just in case you need a little help being nice (and since everyone has their own controller preferences), I went ahead and rigged up a Rotation mode.

This is the top menu for Group mode!

First decide the number of controllers.

Then get a count of people in the room with you
and enter that in.

How many people per brawl?

You can set the rules to rotate out a set number of winners or losers from the brawl. Rotation doesn’t have to be about coming in first place.

If your group is on pretty equal footing with each other, go for Loser Swaps Out. If you’ve got some green players in your midst, why not start out with Winner Swaps Out?

It’s always useful to log your name.

But, hey, if putting in a name is too much of a bother for you, you can play fine without it. Just as long as you remember your guest number, that is.

If a new player happens to come by during a Rotation match, you can add him or her to the group if you’re willing to head back to the name-entry screen.

When your name comes up, hit a confirmation button.

Press a confirmation button on the controller of your choice when your name pops up. That sets the controller you’ll use.

And of course, your control settings will be applied to your control when you play.

Need a bathroom break? Opt to sit out a match!

Even with numerous controllers and dozens of people lined up to play, you’ll be good to go if you use this mode!

... ... Well, not quite.

Rotation is limited to 16 players. Mm hmm.​

Nice! this is gonna be useful for the Brawl parties people have, including myself on the second day i have Brawl (the first is reserved for unlocking as many things as possible in one day). Good thinkin Sakurai!

Not a spectacular update, but it's nice to see this.

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Options

This is the main menu!

Here you can find these six areas.

* Group
* Solo
* Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
* Vault
* Options
* Data

Today, I’m going to introduce Options.

All options are colored purple.

<Deflicker>

Choose between graphics that are razor sharp
or nice and smooth.

This is... Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots, but try toggling it on and off on your own TV. Play with the setting that fits your taste.

<Rumble>

Set rumble separately
for Gamecube Controllers and Wii Remotes.

Toggle the proverbial buzz-buzz on your controllers on and off.

Just remember, the Classic Controller doesn’t have rumble, so don’t get too carried away.

You can also set rumble preferences for each logged name.

<Sound>

The slider goes left and right.

You can use this to adjust the balance between the game’s music and sound effects.

Oh, a sound test is also available from the first time you power the game on!

Flip through by title or category.

There’s quite a few songs available, so I’ve decided to also divide things up by category this time.

You mean I can listen to sound effects from my favorite character all I want?

<Erase Data>

This is by far the most dangerous of the option modes.

Yeaaah... Don’t fiddle around with these options.

I mean it now. Don’t mess around on this screen.

Seriously now. I’m not playing here.

And that’s not all.

Screen

Controls

My Music

For more about these three, you can go over and check out their individual pages.

Each of these modes is designed to let you tweak the game to match your own preferences, but obviously you don’t have to mess around with these options if you don’t feel like it.

Relax and enjoy.​

If i had bigger expectations about the updates by now, i'd be upset, but im really not, and i think you guys should realize these aren't gonna be big updates anymore, otherwise the WHOLE game will be spoiled for us, and that's not any fun.

I'd like to know all the characters who are gonna be in, but that's about it, i can wait for everything else, especially SSE updates, i'd rather not see those anymore just cause of spoilers.

Anyways, so this update was cool i guess, i've always wanted to see what the main menu would look like, but comon Sakurai, "Group?", that sounds kinda weird. Why cant you just call that multiplayer or v.s. since you already called online Wi-fi. Oh well, just a nit pick.

And about the Sound Test, do you think we can listen to ALL the characters and get a sneak peak on there?? I think that it's further proof that the whole character roster will be revealed in "some" way, whether that be from CoroCoro or not cause if he didn't we could just see all the available characters through Sound Test.

...Or maybe you unlock the sounds with the character, possibly.

EDIT: Oh forgot, i like the Ice Climbers music, though i rather they'd keep the jazz theme throughout the song, or at least most of it, but i dont mind too much. After all it is nice to have a little variety after a bit i suppose. But Ice Climber metal?? o.O

Discuss

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
And about the Sound Test, do you think we can listen to ALL the characters and get a sneak peak on there?? I think that it's further proof that the whole character roster will be revealed in "some" way, whether that be from CoroCoro or not cause if he didn't we could just see all the available characters through Sound Test.

...Or maybe you unlock the sounds with the character, possibly.
You unlock the character, you unlock their Sound Test data. Otherwise it would just be silly.

Plus, we're going to know the roster by the end of January, so there won't be any need to speculate.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty cool update. it's pretty cool that he is showing this kind of stuff because it's good to know.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I dont think we should hopr for a better update, i think we should hope the CoroCoro doesn't let us down this Saturday.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Mario Circuit

The Mario Circuit stage appears! Of course, we HAVE shown it briefly in past movies...

This popular series makes an impressive debut.

It’s a so-called figure-eight course, and you do battle at the crossing of the 8.

There are even grandstands in places you can’t see!

It hurts when the karts racing around the track hit you. They come in from the side and from the back of the screen, so be careful.

When they come from the front, look out below.

When they come from the side, look out above.

The karts are serious about their race. You can get a general idea of their location on the screen in the back, so pay attention to it.

You can actually make them wipe out, too.

4 words:

ITS ABOUT FREAKIN TIME

For a while i was beginning to think he got rid of this stage.

Discuss

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
DUN DUN DUN: Today's most Kartastic update: Mario Circuit stage!

Well, it appears that the Mario Kart stage was not cancelled amigos! Lookie here!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage19.html

Welcome to the craziest race track you'll ever have you eyes close to the track... literally! The Mario Circuit!

The stage somehow reminds me of Mute city, seeing its 8-circuit structure. Pretty nostalgic stage if you ask me.

And it seems the racers are Shy Guys like in November's Preview Clip! Look!

Be careful though, they can drive in front of you and damage you without even flinching themselves! However...

Just like in Mute City, you can wipe the Shy Guy karts out! Nice touch indeed, and it brings more nostalgia about that F-Zero Melee stage too!

Judging by the conditions of the stage, not to mention is looks, it seems that this stage will be the new Mute City and therefore, will move just like in Melee. I have to say this stage is pretty nice, although not really epic, but nice indeed. Very entertaining for the people who want to kick cars out of the stage just like in Melee.

Anyways, this is Brawl's 19th revealed stage. This is little information, so I'll leave the detailed job to Misto-Roboto so he can give more explained details of this stage so...

Yes, I know Snakz beat me to it, but give me a break guys. I'm a slow poster because I alway try to keep a good and understandable grammar, like I always do.

Anyway, enjoy this new information y que tengan una buena noche!

Top Bottom