• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY!! 10X
wow,its just me or the stage seens better than in the trailer? it seens more clean and refreshed.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH FINALLY????
we need Peach's Castle:(
LOL!!!! finally because that stage (wich apeared in one of the FIRST VIDEOS) wanst' revealed
on the dojo from MORE THAN A YEAR!!

but hell yeah a new peach's castle would be good.....maybe you be on the garden and then
you enter the castle....yeah it could work....

Stryks

Smash Hero
What? NOTHING beat the update where we got metaknights moves FOR A SECOND TIME! I mean CMON! thats just epic as it gets, cant wait for number 3!

Snakz

Smash Ace
What? NOTHING beat the update where we got metaknights moves FOR A SECOND TIME! I mean CMON! thats just epic as it gets, cant wait for number 3!
Dude, no way, WIDE-SCREEN BEATS ALL!!

I'm waiting for him to explain how TV's work.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
i have only one message left for you all:

R.I.P.
Stafy-12-14-2007

Waluigi-12-14-2007

that's all....*leaves with grim face....*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Stafy

This character, the prince of the heavenly seas, appeared in the Japan-only release "Densetsu no Stafy." He’s shaped like a star, but maybe he’s really a starfish???

I’ll do it! I’m doing it!

...He never says anything like that.

His body shines bright.

He boldly does a spin attack!

But...he’s weak?

He’s rare for an Assist Trophy, as he can be attacked.

Sometimes you may wonder "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" But that’s part of his charm.

Owwwwwww!

Waluigi

The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but...

Waluigi appears nonetheless!

He dashes at foes...

He stomps on whoever he currently despises!

Characters that suffer his stomping get embedded in the dirt.

Waluigi keeps on stomping, punishing his foe persistently with successive blows. As should be expected from Waluigi.

He finishes with a mighty kick...

Or his tennis racket!

Never forget to finish off those who are helpless to resist. Such a philosophy should really be expected from Waluigi.​

Holy crap! what a slap in face for those supporters today.

Im not gunna make fun of either (even though i kinda want to...), just cause i know what it feels like to have character unconfirmed (Deoxys...) and it'd be horrible for me if they did that to my precious Geno.

I find it quite odd that Stafy was made into a crappy AT, but Waluigi wasn't...

So anyways, that's all.

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
This update was ok. That Stafy AT is very weak but pretty much, the Waluigi AT made up for that one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I know, but if theres any day specifically when he may get confirmed, its on his anniversary, otherwise it would be random...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Co-op Events

This time, Event matches can be played in two-player mode! Wow. This is a great game for couples.

When you press the Player 2 button here...

The two-player Events begin!

These are not battles—they’re cooperative play. So, you tackle the challenge of each Event together.

There are fewer two-player Events than single-player ones, but they each have different settings than the single-player matches.

<Two Trouble Kings>

Characters: Mario, Kirby

Battle together against Bowser and King Dedede!
This is a proper 2-on-2 match.

<Master the Pokémon Tag Battle>

Characters: Pokémon Trainer, Pikachu

This features Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Pikachu.
It’s a tag battle with pretty much equal teams!

<Fastest, Shortest, Sudden Death>

Characters: Yoshi, King Dedede

Defeat the most enemies in just 10 seconds!!

<ALL MINE!>

Characters: Wario, Bowser

C-could this be a Coin battle?! With lots of bills...

That reminds me, there are Coin battles this time around, too. When you launch an opponent, you collect their money. The player with the most money at the end wins.

The fact that it isn’t bloodthirsty is nice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that you can play Target Smash!! with two players simultaneously as well!

Oh! I see! Delegation of duties is important!

See, i told you Megaman guys not to get your hopes up. Unless there was com conference of Megaman's anniversary and they revealed Megaman in Brawl before tonight's update, that seems like the only way we could predict when Megaman comes.

ANYWAYS...there's some things wrong with this update, and some that are right, first the right things.

It's great to see more things implemented with Co-op mode, especially the Target Test, that's gonna be very interesting. I wonder what other things he can implement co-op mode into (Online Co-op??)

Finally! more screenshots of Pokemon Trainer!

And now the bad things...

Did this really need it's own update? why couldn't he have just mentioned that he would im,plement Co-op in this in the Events update, so he could give us this plus something else like music??

Second...Coin battle!? ugh, why is this back?!? Sakurai better have other battles modes to make up for this...

And finally, shouldn't there be more than just Pikachu and PT for the tag team event? I hope it's only because that all he's revealed or that you unlock a new Pokemon PC afterward.

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
......There will NEVER be a decent update ever again......
It was certainly better than decent IMO.

The only real bad thing is the return of Coin mode.

...And the fact that i still think he shoulda put this together with the EVENT MODE UPDATE.

But the Co-op target test is gonna be REALLY interesting.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
it started because it was his birthday,so people think he would be revealed.i think he will be revealed on jumpfest(wich is on 22 and 23) this would be great.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow... just wow... I mean I knew I had like what 90% chance of getting dissapointed, with no MM, but this updae... wow... this is a serious kick to the face...

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
this update wasn't crap, it was very good! but yeah we can't have only bad to mid-good updates....i miss the mind blowing ones....

BTW!! we'll get our christimas update soon.

Top Bottom