• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
There cant be crappy updates forever.
There wont be crappy updates forever. One thing is gauranteed, once the game is released in Japan, we'll get sh*t load of awesome updates cause Sakurai knows the Japanese will eventually just tell everyone else about the game so there wont be anything to hide anymore.

Until then, i wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the trend of updates from now on.

this update wasn't crap, it was very good! but yeah we can't have only bad to mid-good updates....i miss the mind blowing ones....

BTW!! we'll get our christimas update soon.
Meh, i doubt he'd do anything to acknowledge Christmas in his updates.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
@ everybody on the last page saying this is a good update:

Are you being sarcastic? OMG YOU CAN PLAY EVENTS 2-PLAYER! He couldn't have put this is the previous events update. And I wasn't referring to just this, the past several weeks have been crap, except for VERY few. Its obvious he is running out of ideas.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Are you being sarcastic? OMG YOU CAN PLAY EVENTS 2-PLAYER! He couldn't have put this is the previous events update. And I wasn't referring to just this, the past several weeks have been crap, except for VERY few. Its obvious he is running out of ideas.
He's not 'running out of ideas', he's putting up the less interesting updates.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Any multiplayer update is nice in my view. I was quite excited about this. Same level of excitement as Stage Builder.

Tony_

Smash Ace

Actually, you'd have to be blind not to notice Sakurai is trying to expand the 1-P mode for two people to enjoy. That, in itself, is really cool.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Actually, you'd have to be blind not to notice Sakurai is trying to expand the 1-P mode for two people to enjoy. That, in itself, is really cool.
Lol. Contradictory statement.

It is still cool though. What are the chances of being able to play Adventure and Event modes in co-op via Wi-Fi? It would definitely guarantee that you'd get everything simultaneously with your friend, which is a great idea, if I do say so myself. *pats self on back*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Frigate Orpheon

This appears in Metroid Prime. It’s the first spaceship Samus infiltrates.

What you see in the background is the Parasite Queen.

Th-the power went out?!

For a spaceship that just causes trouble, it sure does have a lot of problems.

But what really defines this stage is the way it rotates 180 degrees.

The siren scream is a warning!

Suddenly, it flips...

The terrain inverts!

When the siren goes off, jump into the air to flee.

But when you’re in a pinch, so is your opponent. Stall your opponent to take advantage!​

Well, this is certainly an interesting stage.

I didn't think Sakurai was going to use anything from the Prime series, perhaps that might mean if Ridley is in, he'll use Meta Ridley. It's a possibility.

Anyways, i hope the flipping around doesn't work like Brinstar Depths did, or else this level is gonna suck, but otherwise, it looks ok, but rather bland to be honest. Oh well, i cant complain.

Discuss

Panda_Convoy

Smash Rookie
I agree that the overall design is a might bit bland, however, I do like the lighting a lot in this stage. I specifically enjoy the green floor panels that glow in the dark, and also kind of mesh with the regular lights for this very surreal lighting. Also I think the stage will be a quick 180 flop as opposed to the agonizingly slow Brinstar Depths. Not much to worry about other than a quick "CHANGE PLACES!" stage flop every so often. I think it'll be interesting enough without being so detrimental to our health.

The music update was a bit odd, too... Not that I argue, it's just unusual to see a music accompany a stage update that isn't some "mega blowout." It's a nice piece although, I confess, my unfamiliarity with the Mother series makes me a little less attached to it... Especially since it's from 3. Also, while being a very nice piece, I'm not sure it will be reaching the highest marker on My Music.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
i loved this stage. the music on today's update is the only Mother 3 song i know so i think it's good.xP

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Porky(Pokey) for Brawl!

He is the best bet for a Villain from Earthbound. It would be cool to use him as the fat kid and not the old man version of course. Could at least see him as a boss in Subspace Emissary in a giant machine.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Porky(Pokey) for Brawl!

He is the best bet for a Villain from Earthbound. It would be cool to use him as the fat kid and not the old man version of course. Could at least see him as a boss in Subspace Emissary in a giant machine.
yay for porky for subspace boss and yay for:
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
clausmaskedmanversion
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
RELIOPS?

for a PC.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
ohh, tough i don't know who you are, gangstajucie you got banned! o.0

and i'm starting to think we'll be getting a stage and a music every week (not togheter all the time of course)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Team Healer

This item has absolutely no relevance for those who normally just play free-for-all brawls. But not knowing how to use the item would be problematic, so I’ll just explain it.

You might be able to imagine what it is from its name...

Before I get ahead of myself, I must explain that this game features a Team Battle mode.

For example, this function allows people to break into teams of two and do battle when four people are playing.

There are three team colors: red, green and blue.

And the Team Healer has absolutely no function if you’re on your own.

If you pick it up, you just hold it. It doesn’t do anything.

But, if you throw it at your ally...

Your ally’s damage meter gets replenished!

The higher your damage meter, the more you recover.

But, if you don’t alert each other, you may not hit your teammate.

And occasionally,
it may cause an opponent to recover damage instead.

Well this is gonna seem useless to a lot of people right off the bat of course.

But for those to whom it is at least somewhat relevant, it's still kinda a "meh" update, at least to me.

There's really not much more i can say, except that the colors are pretty cool.

Discuss

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
umm............team mode comfirmed already? for me this update was meh too, but atleast it ins't a rerash.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That's a nice item right there. IT could be really helpful if you don't throw it to the wrong team member. XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
Agree with princess, the update is meh, but what REALLY pissed me off is that theres STILLjust 3 colors for teams, u would expect after almost everyone getting a dark color there would be a dark team...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Subspace Emissary Movie

We created a movie introducing one of the game’s modes—Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary.

Enjoy it like you would a preview at the movies!

Two words.

Kick ***

Lots of little things to pick up, but ill rely on the community for that.

Discuss

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure because I thought i saw ness fighting (i think he did a Nair) after it showed some Lucas parts but i havent had enough time to analyze it yet so i could be innaccurate

EDIT: Ok im think that was definately ness i saw because red hat and he has the same jump that has sparks fly around him
there is no Ness in there i don't know how you could see him.

EDIT: LOL that was Diddy kong!

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
How did you miss that? Diddy's the only confirmed character with a hat.

PS: fighterkirby7, when are you going to change from a RU?
when i get an e-mail that works....i used my father's E-mail but it didn't work and i'm too lazy now to look for other....

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
What about Mario, or PT, or Link? :p

Also, in the video, was one of the characters running over primid with a vehicle??
many people say it looks like a mining cart( and it really does) but we don't know what it really is or wich character is riding it.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah now i find out when i actually watched on the computer instead of the Wii. Thanks for handling my mistake kindly, and tastefully :).
Lucas looks so cool in the vid.

Top Bottom