• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Trophy Stands

Among the many trophies are some representing the enemies that appear in The Subspace Emissary.

Like this.

But they cannot be gotten easily.

You must turn the enemies directly into trophies to get them! The item that is needed to do this is a trophy stand.

Basically, it’s the stand the trophy rests on.

When an enemy appears, you need to significantly weaken it.

Pay attention to the damage meter at the top-left corner
of the screen.

If you’re lucky enough to have a trophy stand, throw it at your enemy after you’ve weakened it!

If it goes well...

It will hit with a thud!

And it becomes a trophy!

Now you get the trophy. Whoa! What’s happened?! You could say this is only possible because of the setting of the Smash world.

You can then view that trophy in your trophy gallery!

Perhaps the trophy descriptions will give you some insight into the backstory of The Subspace Emissary...

Of course, you can also do this to get boss trophies.

Yes! I’m definitely gonna get you today!

Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too.

I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.​

I have to admit when i first saw the title of this update, i said "Sakurai...you really are running out of update material, aren't you." But of course, it's more than meets the eye.

I like this addition, it's better than picking up random trophies that happen to be lying around, and it adds more depths to the Subspace mode play (for those who are interested like me).

Oh, and it's good to see Rayquaza is finally confirmed as a boss.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! One month left until we know everything there is to know about Brawl!

Discuss

Repryx

Smash Champion
Coolness of the SE lolz @ "Trophy Stands"

I was gonna be mad...

This Suprisingly is a wonderful update...however...Pkmn Trainer is gonna be Top Tier in the SE cuz of this feature

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Coolness of the SE lolz @ "Trophy Stands"

I was gonna be mad...

This Suprisingly is a wonderful update...however...Pkmn Trainer is gonna be Top Tier in the SE cuz of this feature
QFT! LOL

yeah Sakurai is giving us better updates.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
LOL I thought when I saw the title that he was going to show us how trophies stand on trophy stands. But it's very good. And @ PP777, maybe those smash symbols on the side of the screen mean how much ammo you have for that area?
no i guess it'an item look at the first Kirby pic i think it's a normal item you know you just keep hitting the boss and it appers after that one of the team holds it and the other one can try to weak the boss after that he can throw it at the boss

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I dont know. But considering it stayed the same as 2 the whole time, even after she used one. I presume they are lives.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea. For knowing something painfully obvious you muuuuuust be a nerd. Jesus Christ... what every happened to natural selection...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The person you chose (Mario or Kirby) to defeat Petey and the princess you chose to save (Peach or Zelda) go off together. While the person you didn't chose (Mario or Kirby) gets blasted to Pit and the princess you didn't save (Peach or Zelda) gets stoned.

And what does "I am going to peach" mean anyway?

Edit: Only 3 more posts to go till you have "777" posts.

RDK

Smash Hero
The more I come in here, the more I realize how idiotic the Brawl Room patrons are.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Today's update had a "Gotta Catch Em All" feel.
Yeah, it does adds a bit more diversity to SE, which will give people who like to collect everything(like me) more of a reason to play through SE again.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Today's update had a "Gotta Catch Em All" feel.
Yeah, it does adds a bit more diversity to SE, which will give people who like to collect everything(like me) more of a reason to play through SE again.
Yeah that increased the replay factor x1000, especialy for me who love collecting things.:)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I kinda imagined the item doing this, as soon as I saw the stand in the video where pit and mario join (gametrailers) and see pit holding it, I tought: "I bet that thing transforms the enemy into a trophy" but I tought it was a one hit trophy-maker, looks like I was wrong...

keep going sakurai u gave us the 1st sonic music and the trophy stand, ur doing good so far!

RDK

Smash Hero
I think the whole idea of the Trophy Stand is dumb. Why not just get the trophy automatically after defeating the enemy?

I want to play through the Subspace Emissary mode, but not fifty million times so I can get all the trophies.

RDK

Smash Hero
@Brawlpro:

Only temp-banned. Not permanent.

Lego, is your other account (Mega-Ridley-Knight-Man) perma-banned?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Only perma banned, vouching (Again) to see if this one can become unbanned.

And how is dawn patrol going GB?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Coin Launcher

In the last game, you plopped the coins you collected into a prize-dispensing machine for a chance to get trophies. That was fine and all, but I got to thinking that there really wasn’t any strategy involved.

So this time, I dropped it. Instead, you’ll be getting your trophies in THIS kind of game!

I dub this the Coin Launcher!

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game!

That option on the right is the entrance to the Coin Launcher.

That thing down below is the launcher.

Tilt left and right to change the angle of the launcher and press the button to roll coins out. Basically, the coins themselves are your bullets.

Firefirefirefire. FIRE!

And you got it!

The trophies move, so shoot, shoot, shoot them before they get away. If you hit a trophy with a few shots, it will be yours.

An enemy formation has appeared!

When you defeat formations of smaller enemies, you earn stickers and bonuses. When your green gauge fills up, it becomes possible to shoot coins rapid-fire for a short time.

A missile appeared!

Hit the missiles to shoot them down. If a missile strikes, your coin count will decrease!

Whaaaaaaa!

Press the Cancel Button to quit. Then the results of your trophy and sticker shooting will appear.

The green ones are trophies. The red ones are stickers.

The more you play the other modes, the more coins you’ll earn for the Coin Launcher. You can even earn them in Spectator mode.

When you want even more coins, inviting friends over is your best option. The more people you play with, the more coins you’ll earn.​

I like this, even though it's kinda pointless, it's fun to do this instead just putting in coins into a boring old slot machine and hope you get a new trophy. I think it's cool he kinda based this mini-game off of Galaga.

Was anyone hoping for Mach-Rider to be playable?....thought so.

Discuss

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Only perma banned, vouching (Again) to see if this one can become unbanned.

And how is dawn patrol going GB?
You're looking at the only person who ever stays up for the updates anymore. Most of the members vanished,BlackLadder moved up t respectability,and then there's me,who waits till the updates whenever I can.:lick:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he, tonight was the only one were I did wait till the update... considering it comes at 7:AM here.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well apparently not... but since when were you supposed to do that in any thread?

On topic: Bonic s 4rawl.

Top Bottom