• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

PB&J

Smash Hero
sakurai is playing mind games with us..i think he is going to keep these dubm updates intil christmas and then have five characters in one day..well thats what i hope for

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
sakurai is playing mind games with us..i think he is going to keep these dubm updates intil christmas and then have five characters in one day..well thats what i hope for
not five,but a have a vison of two newcomers...yes...

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Does sakurai even put thought into the updates anymore, does he go "what other useless thing can I put to waste the peoples time." really I remember when he put the wide screen thing I was like, ok who gives a s***. I hope he puts something worth while soon, or just forget looking at dojo and just wait for the game to come out.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think its just a joke now..megaman or geno better be the next character announced or alteast do luigi.falcon, and puff the same day

Stryks

Smash Hero
...I mean im glad ur on our side, but just because a character looks awesome doesnt mean he'll be great, I mean look at mewtwo...

Snakz

Smash Ace
...I mean im glad ur on our side, but just because a character looks awesome doesnt mean he'll be great, I mean look at mewtwo...
I know squat about Megaman, but im for him in Brawl just so i can learn why people like him so much in a fun way.

And Mewtwo IS awesome, just not in Melee T.T

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Well; we only have 4 more FS's left; two of which we already know.

And personally, I think D3's sucked. But I love the elvis pose XD THE KING LIVES!

Snakz

Smash Ace
King Dedede: Final Smash

<Waddle Dee Army>

King Dedede’s Final Smash is a mountain of Waddle Dees called the Waddle Dee Army!

Hmm. I guess it’s in his character to leave the work to someone else.

Everyone in formation!

Clompity-clompity-clompity-clompity!

Hup! Hup! Hey! Ho!

You can’t tell from a picture, but the speed of these Waddle Dees is quite a bit faster than the ones he normally calls. You need to watch out to make sure you don’t suddenly get swept off the screen.

But the most dangerous thing of all is that the spike-headed Gordos are also mixed into the crowd.

Owwwwwwww!

Well i suppose a FS is about as close as we'll get to a good character update, ill take it :).

Although im a little confused as to what this FS actually does. Do the Waddle Dees shoot from the sides like a sideways Starstorm? or do they pop up and go towards opponents...can anybody clarify this?

Discuss.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thing is with Megaman, it is just about the same as having Samus, I have played Megaman Games afterall, so I know...
NO you know NOTHING ur just a n00b:

Megaman cant screw attack
megaman cant morphball
megaman cant lay bombs
megaman doesnt have the zero suit form
nor can he do the athletic moves only a woman like samus can do...

samus cant steal the abilities of other characters
samus doesnt have a robotic dog
and samus doesnt have over 100 WEAPONS TO CHOOSE FROM

now seriously WHY in the HELL would sakurai go trough all the trouble of:

contacting capcom
wait to get a response
gets a response
tells capcom about megaman + brawl
capcom schedule a meeting
sakurai goes to capcom HQ
meets with capcom people
tell them about megaman + brawl possibility
capcom dudes think about it
gives them a hell yes
sakurai returns to his studio
works on possible music/stages/SSE role
works on the model

JUST to become a smus clone, I KNOW im off topic but its people like u that only look at the similarities with another character and thus conclude he/she will be a clone, its just ONE freaking ARM CANON!

on topic: todays update was one of the best in over a month, besides Dedede is awesome...

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
NO you know NOTHING ur just a n00b:

Megaman cant screw attack
megaman cant morphball
megaman cant lay bombs
megaman doesnt have the zero suit form
nor can he do the athletic moves only a woman like samus can do...

samus cant steal the abilities of other characters
samus doesnt have a robotic dog
and samus doesnt have over 100 WEAPONS TO CHOOSE FROM

now seriously WHY in the HELL would sakurai go trough all the trouble of:

contacting capcom
wait to get a response
gets a response
tells capcom about megaman + brawl
capcom schedule a meeting
sakurai goes to capcom HQ
meets with capcom people
tell them about megaman + brawl possibility
capcom dudes think about it
gives them a hell yes
sakurai returns to his studio
works on possible music/stages/SSE role
works on the model

JUST to become a smus clone, I KNOW im off topic but its people like u that only look at the similarities with another character and thus conclude he/she will be a clone, its just ONE freaking ARM CANON!

on topic: todays update was one of the best in over a month, besides Dedede is awesome...

you really want another delay.

dont you?

@ PRINCESS PEACH 777

problably.
hes popular, so a better moveset could be in order.

Stryks

Smash Hero
why another delay? ur saying if megaman is in brawl it means they just got him last week and working on him, ever SINCE snake was revealed,and after the poll, sakurai has been on the hunt for 3rd parties, its logic and no brawl wasnt delayed for sonic, seriously that just dumb to think about, brawl was delayed for better online, hinted by a president of IDK what of nintendo...

seriously its like saying sakurai just finished the roster a few weeks ago, he has had over 2 years now to make the game, and ur telling me he hasnt finished the ROSTER, the most IMPORTANT part of a fighting game? FAIL

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Did you forget what I said...I have already played megaman games...I know what I was saying... Sorry if you worship Megaman...Also we do not know if Sakurai is in hunt for 3rd Party Characters... Do not make judgements based of speculation... The information that is out there is out there...Also another thing is that Kirby already has the stealing ability thing so that puts that out of the picture...also you repeated yourself three times...Those abilities are not as irrelevant due to stuff that I was aware...

*End of Argument*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Did you forget what I said...I have already played megaman games...I know what I was saying... Sorry if you worship Megaman...Also we do not know if Sakurai is in hunt for 3rd Party Characters... Do not make judgements based of speculation... The information that is out there is out there...Also another thing is that Kirby already has the stealing ability thing so that puts that out of the picture...also you repeated yourself three times...Those abilities are not as irrelevant due to stuff that I was aware...

*End of Argument*
U obviously dont know abything about megaman if u think he'll be similair/a clone of samus.
Dude its just ONE arm canon, he'll megaman can transform his canon into and arm and viceversa, samus cant

I mean serious look:

B: Mega buster: can move while charging, but most hold the B button to charge, this will not allow you to do any othe B moves, but the charge becomes powerful after a certain time, the charge has to states, if the energy is blue,the charge will be weak, after a while it will turn gold, which is the strongest...

SideB: Random weapon: A random weapon from one of his multiple could be the crash bomb, rolling cutter, bubble lead, etc.

upb: Shoryuken: megaman has actually used this move, and using it for an upb would b perfect, megaman would do a rising uppercut, this attack will give one big hit to the enemy if near

downb: leaf/skull shield: a shield around you appears, protecting u from 1-3 hits, depending on the strength of enemy attack, if u press be again, the shield will go forward, giving multiple hits...

THERE if I can make a moveset (made a full one a long time ago) so can sakurai, hell he can do it better, also he doesnt necesarly have to steal abilities, and if he does it doesnt necesarly have to be that of the enemy, for example if he steals ivysaurs ability, he doesnt get bullet seed, instead he gets one of his own abilities, like leaf shield...

now seriously if u still believe megaman = samus clone, then go to the megaman thread, u'll think otherwise after that, believe me...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Saying Megaman would be a clone of Samus SOLELY from them sharing an arm cannon is near-retarted. It's like saying Ike and Marth are clones because they both have swords.

Samus doesn't have HALF the abilities that Megaman has had collectively over the years.
Bring this arguement into the Megaman 4 Brawl thread. You'll last about 3 seconds.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
@Desruprot: you know nothing of megaman....i think you only played one game,and is basing everithing on that,you look like a ******.

@PP777:Mewtwo will be in i can feel it.....and i feel he'l have a better moveset.

*End of Argument*
He he. I dont know whats worse, the fact that you actually believe that or the fact that someone as stupid as you has figured out how to type... not even very well by the looks of it.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo NEEDS to be a better character this time around. They totally gipped him in Melee.

He's supposed to be like a PokeGOD, not a PokeBottomTier.
arceus is the god,Mewtwo is like a EXTREMELY powerful servant of the god(no i'm not saying he's a servant of arceus.):)

Snakz

Smash Ace
With Anyone/Basic Brawl

Join a quick and simple brawl against someone, somewhere! If you’re not going to be playing with a friend, this is the mode you’ll tend to use.

This time, we’ll take a look at how it flows.

The Wii is trying to connect in earnest! And it succeeds!

Here you choose With Anyone.

You could also choose Team Battle,
but we’ll choose Basic Brawl here.

You go straight to the character-selection screen.

Huh? We’re already at character selection? That’s right. You don’t make any rooms.

At this point, you’re already requesting a match. If you connect to someone, you’ll see their status at the bottom of the screen.

Character selection is limited to 45 seconds. If time runs out, your character will be chosen for you at random, so make your choices quickly so as not to make others wait.

Then you go to stage selection.

You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players.

Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery.

Practice on Sandbag while you wait...

Then just wait until you get everyone together.

Then the match begins!!

Isn’t that simple? You don’t have to trouble with any settings. You just choose characters and stages.

Names won’t be shown and messages won’t be sent. Neither your identity nor your opponents’ will be known, so you can play without any worries.

By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?

I don’t like that feeling, so I’ve tried to counter it.

If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing—it pinch hits for you!

Hold on! You can’t tell it’s a CPU!

That’s epic! Can we really do this? Wouldn’t you say it’s way better than having all your opponents drop out?

However, we won’t be swapping in CPU characters when you’re playing With Friends. Sorry about that.

And there is one more important thing...

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.​

Wow, this is about the best update we've gotten since Stage Builder IMO, Kudos Sakurai, it's funny how he made it sound like another useless update at first, but oooooh man. These are gonna go crazy with speculation in the morning, guaranteed.

Besides from that VERY interesting last part he added, there's also some good things that have been cleared up like how to deal with choosing a level or choosing whether or not item will appear, i think it's the perfect solution for "With Anyone" matches.

I'd like to say more, but im exhausted, see you in the morning

Discuss.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This update is great, if a guy leaves, u can beat the hell out a cpu, so woo hoo, also the whole: its gonna be easy to unlock characters thing, I like tough, I hope not ALL of them are unlockable bia SSE, I bet it would take like what 10 hours to pass the adventure mode? I realyl dont want to get ALL the characters so quickly...

wanna enjoy the game :p

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
hum some people been asking how we'll disthinguish a CPU from a human...i have a solution! on the character damage meter each player has a different color right? like: P1 is red,P2 is blue etc. well if it turns into a CPU the damage meter will have a grey color like on a VS. match against a CPU!
problem solved!

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
hum some people been asking how we'll disthinguish a CPU from a human...i have a solution! on the character damage meter each player has a different color right? like: P1 is red,P2 is blue etc. well if it turns into a CPU the damage meter will have a grey color like on a VS. match against a CPU!
problem solved!
i think the CPU idea is a great idea

Top Bottom