• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Stryks

Smash Hero
And yet again the update fails, but not only that, its just a more specific update of something we already knew... sigh...

anyway the only good thing is taking out the jump-with-control-stick thingy... but I already tilt with almost never failing...

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Hm... That Donkey Kong song remix was not as good as it could be. that song in the original game wasn't really that good, and not really much of a song in general.

They should've done songs with actual song in them... oh well, still good, a bit forced.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Widescreen Support

This title, like most Wii titles, supports widescreen display. In other words, you can enjoy the game with full display across televisions with wider screens, too.

This is standard display.

This is widescreen display.

The border off the screen that cues a KO is the same for both. Choose the display mode that matches the TV you have at home.

But some people may not know if they have a normal TV or widescreen TV, and may not even know what difficult terminology like 4:3 or 16:9 means. Right? Who knows all that stuff?

So, all you have to do is check the circle that appears in the background on the screen where you choose your display setting.

This is the correct standard ratio.

This is the correct widescreen ratio.

The two shots above... Wrong.

Being able to just look at the image and know if you got your settings right is pretty huge, huh?

Ah, yes. If your television has screen-size settings called Wide and Full, set your TV to Full. If you choose Wide, there is a chance the image may be shifted toward the center of the screen.​

Ok, this officially takes the cake for worst update ever, did we really need to know this? he definitely seems like he's running out of things to update us on without spoiling us.

Although i like the DK music remix a lot, i dont know what you guys are complaining about there.

Discuss

Stryks

Smash Hero
I didnt likle the song one bit, it was boring, very nostalgic but nothing awesome, doesnt heat up a battle thats for sure...

and the widescreen update? = WORST UPDATE IN HISTORY

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't complain about any updates (in fact, I've never complained before), but this one sucks. I swear, if Sakurai doesn't give us a good update tonight, i will hunt him down, cut off his head, and crap down his throat.
O.o

I've just decided to not get my hopes up, but I do expect something better for Dec. 3rd....

Snakz

Smash Ace
Wario: Final Smash

<Wario-Man>

Wario’s Final Smash is Wario-Man!

Eat garlic!

Wario-Man!

Even after becoming Wario-Man, you control him as you normally would. And he doesn’t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks.

But he is able to negate a variety of moves and boasts some rather odd abilities...

Punch to pummelpummelpummelpummel!

It’s a sideways-sliding shoulder tackle!

His midair moves make him fly?!

His special moves are also powered up, but the one thing you can’t do is ride his bike.

Don’t do it.

This may seem like a joke, but you absolutely must not ride it.

Tooooooo faaaaaaaaast!!!

O.o

This wins the award for funniest FS ever, but also very mysterious...

Discuss.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wario´s pijamas gives him super strenght!
- Yu gi oh abridged referance...

anyway kinda cool update, aint as awesome as for say Mks but still quite funny... better than sonic´s IMO...

Snakz

Smash Ace
So if the attacks aren't given more power, what exactly would they do besides the ones listed?

Seeing as how i've never played a Wario Ware game

Snakz

Smash Ace
Events

It’s the return of Events! This is a single-player mode in which you battle through predetermined situations.

This is the Events selection screen.

Oh! The pictures make it easy to understand.

And it has different difficulty settings!

For these, a harder setting is probably more exciting, but you can go ahead and set it however you like.

For example, you’ll find these kinds of situations:

Two Trouble Kings

Character: Mario

Bowser and King Dedede battle as a team!
And Mario stands alone against them.

Pink Ball Repulsion

Character: Meta Knight

Kirby must not be allowed on the Battleship Halberd!
Blast Kirby off before the platform lands on the Halberd!

Cleaning House in Skyworld

Character: Pit

Destroy all the terrain in Skyworld!
Wario both gets in the way and helps out?

Sleeping in the Eggs

Character: Yoshi

Using Yoshi’s Egg Lay standard special move,
put both enemies inside eggs simultaneously!

Dark Link Duel

Character: Link

It’s a fated battle with your own shadow.
This is a stamina based match.

High scores are recorded for each challenge at each difficulty level. You don’t just clear these challenges—competing for time will magnify the fun.

Enjoy Smash’s chance meetings between a variety of characters!​

I wasn't really sure if this was coming back or not, it's nice to see for sure.

Can anyone tell what the second event is? i've tried but i cant seem to figure out what or where that is in the picture.

Dicuss

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait with king dedede being in the 1st event match... does it mean he´ll be a starter???

anyway quite possibly the best update of the month...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Melee Stages

First, take a look...

Could this be...

The Temple!

This is the Temple stage from the last installment, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I think that based on my updates so far, you probably understand that we’ve created plenty of stages.

But we wanted to do more, so we’ve brought back a number of stages that appeared in the last game.

It’s...big...

It’s perfect for those who like pursuit.

We’ve tried to create an exact replica, but there may be a few areas that differ from the last game. I hope you understand.

In general, the Melee stages have the same background music as in the last game, but we’ve also prepared some tracks like this.

"Zelda II: Adventure of Link: Great Temple/Temple" (0:54)​

Wow, interesting update, it's like a better version of the "items from previous installments" update, and i was not expecting Hyrule Temple to make a return, very interesting.

What other Melee do you think will make a return to Brawl?

Discuss

Zeela12

Smash Ace
this might mean that smash 64 stages are coming back too, that would be cool.

well, I bet no one saw this coming, especially after that long of nothing. Well I like this update alot, it opens up alot of new possibilities.

The Director

Smash Lord
I def. saw melee and past stages coming back, but I def. did not see this update coming. Tell you the truth though, if it were up to me all the stages would come back...

Corneria for Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Glad melee stages are coming back... but seriously Hyrule temple? seriously we better get returning stages that WERENT banned from tourneys in melee... FD ftw!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Melee stages that need returning:

Fountain of Dreams (best stage music in the game IMO)
Final Destination (Although im sure they've got that covered in some way already)
and lastly but not least

ICICLE MOUNTAIN!!...jk

And SSB64 stages that sorely need returning:

Hyrule Castle (My favorite stage, EVER)
Peach's Castle (I love the bumper up there)
Mushroom Kingdom (Who didn't love the POW blocks??)

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
If they bring Icicle Mt. back ill crack brawl in half (or never play on it)

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Melee stages that need returning:

Fountain of Dreams (best stage music in the game IMO)
Final Destination (Although im sure they've got that covered in some way already)
and lastly but not least

ICICLE MOUNTAIN!!...jk

And SSB64 stages that sorely need returning:

Hyrule Castle (My favorite stage, EVER)
Peach's Castle (I love the bumper up there)
Mushroom Kingdom (Who didn't love the POW blocks??)
Oh yes, you are not alone on the Fountain of Dreams music. Hyrule Temple = complete pwnsomeness.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Its a really nice update if you ask me. Confirming older levels will return. THough this makes me wonder if N64 levels will return.

Also why does it take a full 24 hours for a the official update poll topic to be posted? (Yes I know the mods have lives, but out of ALL the moderators/admins you figure AT LEAST ONE could create the topic.)

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
what do you guys think that mondays (the legendary December 3) update will be?

Top Bottom